UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

How long does your gym session usually last?

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  GMme 
#1 ·
Since I've came back after injury, I'm spending only 45/50 mins training with weights each time I go to the gym, that is me training two muscle groups also. I switch it up time to time but usually can train to muscle groups in that time. Legs on their own can be 50 mins also.

Shoulders, calves - 5 shoulder excerices - 3 calve ones

Chest/ triceps - 5 chest exercises and 4 tricep ones

Back /biceps - 5 back exercises and 4 bicep ones

#2 ·
50 minutes to an hour in the gym assuming that it isn't wedged full of people causing delay. It shouldn't take much longer for the average gym rat allowing for breaks between sets and exercises. I've no idea how long more serious competitors and pros take though.

I was running phul and that was more like 90 minutes but that was too much volume imo. 4 times a week is plenty too.

#4 ·
Couple hours, which could easily be cut to 1 hour if I stopped talking to everyone, been there just under a year now and know most of the lads so can't just ignore people (As hard as I tried in the beginning) used to wear headphones and just get on with it but people still just talked at me until I had to remove the headphones and say WHAT?, In the end I gave up and have to listen to the shite they play in there :lol:

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
It depends on the movements i will do.

If i have to use lots of barbell movements it will take 1-1,5h .

If i can stick to lots of machines 45-60min.

Atm i am doing Chest Back Shoulders Arms Legs off off, 5 days on 2 days off and i like that more than PPL.

When i see people saying i workout for 2h+, good for them.... But in the end they don't look better than people that do just 1h....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.