Plate1

Anti depressants

13 hours ago, Pancake' said:

No arguing. I just think some choose to not take action, they’d rather do the easy thing, do what every other generic does, hop on anti depressants, being down is not the answer. Build your character, Improve your life, fix things. but never give up. don’t pray for an easy life, but the strength to endure a difficult one. 

Ftr I’ve suffered in life. I need not share details. But I believe many just don’t help or try lifting themselves, especially when they have it better than so many on earth. you ever been any third world countries? I’ve seen slums, I’ve been like a Sierra Leone. kids there would kill you for your shoes and t shirt. sometimes you have to view life from a different walk to realise things aren’t so bad as you might think. 

You have never suffered with clinical depression.

Your post is so naive it may as well have been written by a child.

21 minutes ago, stargazer said:

1, until the health problems start to manifest themselves.

2, i have been on them now for almost 40 years and unless something radical happens i'll take them till my dying day.

i understand now , sorry for my last reply I'll understand all your anger and crazy posts , my bad bro

5 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

said at the start of my post that I do agree it does exists for some. Look at what you write in bold. I am not making light of your condition but you are milking it too to some extend. If you wanted to be dead every day for 10 years (3500+ times ), you would be!

Personally I've never cried for help, never sought attention, the few times I've done somthing stupid enough to get myself killed was just out of despair and not actively trying to kill myself,  those few times I've just been lucky. One of them my wife was oblivious too and came downstairs the next day to blood all over the place, the other time I was in the house alone, no cries for help or milking things. 

I have my own reasons as to why I've kept going. 

I can laugh about the whole thing it's how I deal with it, the ridiculousness of it. 

The OP asked a genuine question, I answered because if my experience can help anyone else avoid my fall into oblivion I will. 

9 minutes ago, stargazer said:

You have never suffered with clinical depression.

Your post is so naive it may as well have been written by a child.

And how the f*** would you know? You poor man’s elchapo gtfoh. 

Yes I have. nobody helped me but myself, I’ve thought terrible things before today, you see life for what it is, when you’re so low, I hate to even shed light on so, but whatever, just entertaining that mindstate was weak in itself. I just don’t whinge about any personal issues, I rucksack them, take charge and deal with them myself. no amount of therapy or anyone could help me. You’ve not a scooby. 

I’m currently losing both parents, my father wishes to depart, he suffers in so much pain daily and I can’t help him. I leave a spare phone on all night purely so I don’t miss a call of emergency. I could easily go off the rails, but no, because feeling sorry for yourself, going on a rampage or steadily declining on a slippery slope isn’t the answer, nor productive and detrimental to oneself. I think what can I do to be better and overcome hurdles, not “I can’t cope.” Feed me pills. 

What if their was no anti depressants? What then? you would have to overcome depression yourself or at least minimise. 

13 minutes ago, Pancake' said:

And how the f*** would you know? You poor man’s elchapo gtfoh. 

Yes I have. nobody helped me but myself, I’ve thought terrible things before today, you see life for what it is, when you’re so low, I hate to even shed light on so, but whatever, just entertaining that mindstate was weak in itself. I just don’t whinge about any personal issues, I rucksack them, take charge and deal with them myself. no amount of therapy or anyone could help me. You’ve not a scooby. 

I’m currently losing both parents, my father wishes to depart, he suffers in so much pain daily and I can’t help him. I leave a spare phone on all night purely so I don’t miss a call of emergency. I could easily go off the rails, but no, because feeling sorry for yourself, going on a rampage or steadily declining on a slippery slope isn’t the answer, nor productive and detrimental to oneself. I think what can I do to be better and overcome hurdles, not “I can’t cope.” Feed me pills. 

What if their was no anti depressants? What then? you would have to overcome depression yourself or at least minimise. 

LOL.

I told you how i know, your naive post, and you are doing it again.

But heyho, no excuse for being a fool i guess.

13 minutes ago, stargazer said:

LOL.

I told you how i know, your naive post, and you are doing it again.

But heyho, no excuse for being a fool i guess.

You know sh*t fcuking idiot. stick to playing endo. 

3 hours ago, Pancake' said:

You have my sympathy(not that you’re asking for it), during the hard times when you have to dig deep, remind yourself that if you do everything you can, once they’re gone you can tell yourself that you did all you could(although sometimes we wish we did more). Stay strong. 

6 hours ago, stargazer said:

1, until the health problems start to manifest themselves.

2, i have been on them now for almost 40 years and unless something radical happens i'll take them till my dying day.

1. I Check myself regularly and I am amazed on how much misconceptions there are with anabolics especially with doctors. It's genetics, some people can use for life and have minimal to none health issues while others may do one cycle and experience hell, I'm no expert I talk by personal experience and it's silly to me when results are back doc shaking his head on how everything is 100% ok with my health and to me it looks almost like he hoped for some my levels to be all over the place just to say "I told you so". 

I may have been lucky in the genetic lottery who knows.

2. Do what you like with your life but I honestly think that antidepressants are far more damaging than some testosterone, I honestly hope for you things goes well so no need to tell me "until things go wrong" what if health issues never arise? 

Peace. 

6 hours ago, stargazer said:

i have been on them now for almost 40 years and unless something radical happens i'll take them till my dying day.

Unfortunately the only radical thing that's going to happen is you deciding to come off them...

I can honestly say that on the two occasions in my life that I weaned myself off antidepressants, I felt no difference. I was no better but most importantly, I wasn't any worse.

22 minutes ago, IronJohnDoe said:

1. I Check myself regularly and I am amazed on how much misconceptions there are with anabolics especially with doctors. It's genetics, some people can use for life and have minimal to none health issues while others may do one cycle and experience hell, I'm no expert I talk by personal experience and it's silly to me when results are back doc shaking his head on how everything is 100% ok with my health and to me it looks almost like he hoped for some my levels to be all over the place just to say "I told you so". 

I may have been lucky in the genetic lottery who knows.

2. Do what you like with your life but I honestly think that antidepressants are far more damaging than some testosterone, I honestly hope for you things goes well so no need to tell me "until things go wrong" what if health issues never arise? 

Peace. 

Why do you think they are far more damaging than steroids? 

I can’t see that being the case but interested to hear your thoughts 

Having used almost all antidepressants and currently on 2 different ones which only a psychiatrist can prescribe I will say this, while they can be a god send when you are going through a difficult stage of life, by emotionally balancing you out, so instead og high and low emotional peaks you kind of flatline. The idea is that you use them over 6 months and while you ferl balanced you get over or fix whatever had made you depressed.  I've been on them a long time which has done God knows what to my brain chemistry.  The bad side of them is the fact you can turn into some zombie unable to feel pain or happiness. 

That's why suicides can be more common on them because the emotional fear of topping yourself isn't there, so doing somthing stupid can be just as easy as making the decision to have a drink of milk from the fridge. 

I can also see why some of the dudes in the US go on shooting sprees because you have an unhealthy thought process and the antidepressants take away the emotional tether. So you go and shoot loads of people because you hate the world and don't feel bad about it, then shoot yourself (not saying I would btw) 

They are a double edged sword 

1 minute ago, wylde99 said:

Now just got Diazpam off my source which is a brilliant remedy for Axniety, Will be taking that instead of Tramadol.

If you have genuine anxieties then why aren't you under the care of a doctor and getting them for free?

3 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Now just got Diazpam off my source which is a brilliant remedy for Axniety, Will be taking that instead of Tramadol.

If you go and see your doc he will give you propanolol, it might help, just don't train on it. 

Diazepam can get addictive like tramadol, mixing diazepam with alcohol was the start of a very long  journey for me into having psychotic episodes most of which I was unable remember 

2 hours ago, Plate1 said:

Why do you think they are far more damaging than steroids? 

I can’t see that being the case but interested to hear your thoughts 

Just had some close friends on it and I seen that it didn’t really helped them but turned them into sociopaths, detrimental for the mental health in my opinion, then again one of this friends came off valium against doc advise and started to have hallucinations and nearly lost his mind for good.

Another mate had erections and libido problems and other issues.

Not really from a medical point of view because like I said I’m no expert, just seen what it does, didn’t like it, aas people tell scary stories all the time, but to what regards me they are working wonders for me and I am very healthy after years of usage, even my nuts didn’t shrink much and my body somehow keeps producing on his own and inbefore gear is not bunk it’s just my body that apparently is a medical mystery as is been literally called by the last doc.

Of course anyone in here can think that I’m full of s**t, and I wouldn’t be much offended as this is the internet and we are a bunch of strangers, otherwise I would be rushing to prove people wrong with physyque pictures and bank statements (like I seen people doing in here when called off) but to be honest mate I don’t care much if people over the internet believe me or not, who knows me can see the things for what they are, I’m not having a go, just anticipating the usual comments from people that choose to think that anyone that is a bit successful and with a good body and in good health is a bollocker apparently. (at least for what I experienced in here during all this years)

But then to go back to the topic if anti depressant really work and help some people without hurting them I will be more than happy to be wrong:)

5 hours ago, safc49 said:

Mental illness isn't a "one size fits all" issue

Some ignorance /stupity in this thread

Of course not, and nor is "I sad down today so  I must have a metal illness "

Trying to ween out who is a genuine case is the hard part. 

5 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

Of course not, and nor is "I sad down today so  I must have a metal illness "

Trying to ween out who is a genuine case is the hard part

Yes, so it's a genuine illness. Which is why I posted my original post