Sign in to follow this  
steviethe spark

best supp for joints and muscles !!???

Guys whats your go to supp for joints and muscle pain , of late i seem to injure very easy and joints seem to be tender and sore , prob old age but its annoying , rotor cuff is giving me a lot of jib atm which is restricting my bench , over head press and squat !!!!

If you're getting pain in your shoulders that is restricting your lifting then pain killers are not the answer, since this could just lead to a more serious and debilitating injury. Instead you need to address what is causing the pain. A sports physio is probably your best bet in the first instance.

13 minutes ago, Cypionate said:

I've had to resort to Naproxen because of the same problem with my arms, from shoulders right down to wrists, too painful to lift without it

Is that over the counter or prescription? How much do you take mate.

Cheers

31 minutes ago, adam28 said:

Is that over the counter or prescription? How much do you take mate.

Cheers

Prescription (Was for my gf but she can't take it and was already in the house), not sure about the UK but there is a generic version called "Aleve" in the US you can buy OTC

I was taking 1 x 500mg morning and 1 x 500mg night to sleep but have managed to cut to just 1 x 500mg morning before training, seem to last enough to get me through the night now

Just now, Cypionate said:

Prescription (Was for my gf but she can't take it and was already in the house), not sure about the UK but there is a generic version called "Aleve" in the US you can buy OTC

I was taking 1 x 500mg morning and 1 x 500mg night to sleep but have managed to cut to just 1 x 500mg morning before training, seem to last enough to get me through the night now

Thanks for that mate. 

Got a back injury im just getting over so I thought these could be abit of a help.:thumbup1:

2 minutes ago, adam28 said:

Thanks for that mate. 

Got a back injury im just getting over so I thought these could be abit of a help.:thumbup1:

They're an anti-inflammatory (NSAID) and have been a lifesaver for me, from pain just pushing only the bar on the bench so bad I couldn't do it, and pretty much any exercise for upper body because it used my arms I couldn't do either, to being back to full force without any pain at all

Just now, Cypionate said:

They're an anti-inflammatory (NSAID) and have been a lifesaver for me, from pain just pushing only the bar on the bench so bad I couldn't do it, and pretty much any exercise for upper body because it used my arms I couldn't do either, to being back to full force without any pain at all

Do you get any sides with them? Or withdrawal when you stop?

3 minutes ago, adam28 said:

Do you get any sides with them? Or withdrawal when you stop?

No sides, and I don't take them on weekends when I don't train and the only thing I notice is the pain comes back by Sunday

Gf had bad sides that's why she couldn't take them, sent her loopy after about 3 days, but I still say it was something else, she's adamant it was them lol

2 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Naproxen is very harsh on your stomach. Be careful when using for prolonged periods. Make sure you're using something to protect your stomach and taking with food.

I only have to look at Naproxen now and I end up with stomach issues.

Yea I always make sure I take them on a full stomach

12 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

In my experience, that isn't enough mate. If you can source it, take Lansoprazole daily.

Yea we've got plenty of Lansoprazole here, not getting any stomach complaints from the Naproxen though and Lansoprazole gives me trapped wind pains, used to use it after a big drink to get rid of heartburn

Just want to chime and advice against using Naproxen unless it is very important that you are able to have full function that day. Used for prolonged periods it can make irrepairable damage to your stomach lining and sphincter. Then again causing GERD and nasty acid reflux for the rest of your days. And that is only one of the many serious sides with this medication. Seek out professional help!