Jump to content
anna1

Dream job

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Use other people’s money to do it. 

Thought/dreamt about it for years mate just never tried to put it into practice, I think that’s what most do with the money been doing a lot of work lately for a gentleman who must be a millionaire many times over yet never spends a penny of his own money when he buys and sells property.

have a good mate who keeps pestering for us to get a cheap place to renovate but he has zero skills/experience so wants me to teach him as we go, told him if he can get the money then fine will agree to it but doubt anything will come of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henda83 said:

Thought/dreamt about it for years mate just never tried to put it into practice, I think that’s what most do with the money been doing a lot of work lately for a gentleman who must be a millionaire many times over yet never spends a penny of his own money when he buys and sells property.

have a good mate who keeps pestering for us to get a cheap place to renovate but he has zero skills/experience so wants me to teach him as we go, told him if he can get the money then fine will agree to it but doubt anything will come of it.

I think most of the problem is that you’ll usually get your self employed tradesman who buys a property to keep him in work so to speak. 

Buys a property, so any days/hours he’s not doing work for others he’ll be working on the house. So he may do 3 days work for others but 2 days work on the house. Could even be more. This works out even better if no family so can live in the property whilst renovating. If they turn over £15-20k profit every 6 months or so on top of the self employed earnings, they’ll be doing ok. Obviously if in London, the profit would have to be far larger than a property up North. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I think most of the problem is that you’ll usually get your self employed tradesman who buys a property to keep him in work so to speak. 

Buys a property, so any days/hours he’s not doing work for others he’ll be working on the house. So he may do 3 days work for others but 2 days work on the house. Could even be more. This works out even better if no family so can live in the property whilst renovating. If they turn over £15-20k profit every 6 months or so on top of the self employed earnings, they’ll be doing ok. Obviously if in London, the profit would have to be far larger than a property up North. 

 

If I was able to make near the top end of that 15 to 20 k profit just once a year I’d probably pack in working for customers altogether mate as my living costs are very low, unfortunately I’m in north east where houses are pretty cheap would struggle to make that unless more initial investment on a bigger house in a better area ect which I couldn’t afford 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Henda83 said:

If I was able to make near the top end of that 15 to 20 k profit just once a year I’d probably pack in working for customers altogether mate as my living costs are very low, unfortunately I’m in north east where houses are pretty cheap would struggle to make that unless more initial investment on a bigger house in a better area ect which I couldn’t afford 

IMO, in the Northeast there are still some areas that are cheap enough to just buy a property in cash that is just about ready to let out but then the issue is whether folk want to live in such areas and whether you’d actually get your rental money. It just seems crazy that the prices are so low in some areas yet almost ‘normal’ in others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

IMO, in the Northeast there are still some areas that are cheap enough to just buy a property in cash that is just about ready to let out but then the issue is whether folk want to live in such areas and whether you’d actually get your rental money. It just seems crazy that the prices are so low in some areas yet almost ‘normal’ in others. 

Still see the odd 3 bed house in certain areas of ashington and bedlington station ect for 35 to 50k and flats for 20-30. Like you said the difference from area to area is sometimes vast, where I live bedlington house prices are low but travel just a few miles to Morpeth and cramlington the difference is quite substantial 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I install damp proof courses ,for example I get there at 10 am can drill and inject a mid terrace and be home for noon pays me £600 i have certificates to do this type of work for banks building societies etc my pay is guaranteed as I don’t issue a guarantee until I receive payment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vetran said:

I install damp proof courses ,for example I get there at 10 am can drill and inject a mid terrace and be home for noon pays me £600 i have certificates to do this type of work for banks building societies etc my pay is guaranteed as I don’t issue a guarantee until I receive payment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vetran said:

Get on it blue it’s easy money His injection gun is a bit crap though he would be better off getting a 5ltr canister and buying his cream in bulk instead of 600ml tubes 

I thought it was you in the vid. 

50 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Being a judge and handing out sentences that are appropriate for the crime sinces judges in this country are often too soft.

Whilst I agree, they have do have to follow the sentencing guidelines. I also don’t believe that they have full control of the sentences hfanded out, particularly in the more high profile cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, Henda83 said:

Would like to be loaded so could fund doing up houses with a small squad of mates who are also in the building trade.  

I’ve just picked up my second buy to let property (may sell depending on profit margins). First one was a new build apartment which I picked up with a 25% deposit on an intrest only mortgage so the rent easily covers the repayments and gives me a nice top up each month that goes into savings (which helped with picking up my second project). 

The value of the apartment has already shot up with it being in a catchment area for a very highly thought of school.

 

im a joiner builder so I’m doing this new property (3 bed semi) at weekends and evenings. Fortunately I have sub contractors who I can send round if they get my other jobs finished.

 

The dream is to get to a point where I can buy cash from auctions to really maximise profits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×