Sign in to follow this  
vetran

What’s the first signs of mental illness ?

15 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Telling the same stories over and over again

You mean like the battle of Karbala?

Sick and tired of hearing that one. If I'm related to the dead guy and I'm ok about it, why are the other brain-dead robots crying for?

6 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

You mean like the battle of Karbala?

Sick and tired of hearing that one. If I'm related to the dead guy and I'm ok about it, why are the other brain-dead robots crying for?

Cause they don’t have nightclubs and its the only way they can experience a group dancing ritual. 

2 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Fukwits.

I turned my back on it when I was 7

Hossein hossein hossein hossein!!!!! 

It’s the closest thing the poor bastards have to a community experience. 

Of course it’s retarded. 

But so is chasing after hidden eggs laidby a fairy tale rabbit, to celebrate a 2000 year old zombie coming back from the dead...

There isn’t a first sign ime. I’m terrified of mental illness having come from a family where it prevails. I’m not talking about a little depression here, I’m talking sectioned under the mental health act. Most people worry about having a heart attack or developing cancer. I worry about developing mental health issues. Having managed to get to 45 without I’m now confident that I’m probably one of the lucky ones but I now worry that the “gene” might have passed to one of my kids from my side of the family 

On a serious note,  I suppose changes in sleep pattern, appetite, withdrawal and loss of interest in activities that a person was priorly involved in would be strong signs 

x

1 minute ago, Sasnak said:

There isn’t a first sign ime. I’m terrified of mental illness having come from a family where it prevails. I’m not talking about a little depression here, I’m talking sectioned under the mental health act. Most people worry about having a heart attack or developing cancer. I worry about developing mental health issues. Having managed to get to 45 without I’m now confident that I’m probably one of the lucky ones but I now worry that the “gene” might have passed to one of my kids from my side of the family 

I suppose not living in denial is a step forward to never be affected by it 

x

17 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Posting on UK-M

A high percentage of those posting on here have mental health issues, so much that I question my own or whether I’m in denial. :mellow:

Just do what I do:

Enjoy and revel in the madness.

17 minutes ago, anna1 said:

I suppose not living in denial is a step forward to never be affected by it 

Best way to piss people off and alienate them is to not be in denial and blurt out ugly truths.

eg 1: You are a loser. You are not worth much. You are absolutely nothing. Your existence is pointless. Nobody wants a broke, overweight, diabetic, stroke “victim”. Get some scissors and cut your own balls off. You won’t need them to live a life prescribed by others. In exchange for doing all that people-pleasing, you got what? More sex? More money? A better house/car/holiday? The best you can hope for now is to die early to shorten the misery that YOU yourself volunteered for and agreed to. It’s YOUR fault. There's no hope for you.

eg 2: 

There is no Santa. There is no tooth fairy. Your current spouse has been in love with someone else and has also had sex with many others. Your mom sucked / still sucks cock (not necessarily your dad’s). Your dad still jerks off when your mom says no. Grow up, get over it, deal with it and move on.

The answer? Be a better liar and a better hypocrite so you can get on with normal people. In other words, pander to others' denial.

4 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Best way to piss people off and alienate them is to not be in denial and blurt out ugly truths.

eg 1: You are a loser. You are not worth much. You are absolutely nothing. Your existence is pointless. Nobody wants a broke, overweight, diabetic, stroke “victim”. Get some scissors and cut your own balls off. You won’t need them to live a life prescribed by others. In exchange for doing all that people-pleasing, you got what? More sex? More money? A better house/car/holiday? The best you can hope for now is to die early to shorten the misery that YOU yourself volunteered for and agreed to. It’s YOUR fault,

eg 2: 

There is no Santa. There is no tooth fairy. Your current spouse has been in love with someone else and has also had sex with many others. Your mom sucked / still sucks cock (not necessarily your dad’s). Your dad still jerks off when your mom says no. Grow up, get over it, deal with it and move on.

The answer? Be a better liar and a better hypocrite so you can get on with normal people. In other words, pander to others' denial.

Those are examples pointed to third parties. The hardest bit is to recognize who you really are . 

When you do , you stop judging others. I couldn’t care less unless someone intervenes with my well-being. 

x

16 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Those are examples pointed to third parties. The hardest bit is to recognize who you really are . 

When you do , you stop judging others. I couldn’t care less unless someone intervenes with my well-being. 

x

I must strongly and vehemently disagree, learned madam.

The worst advice ever is when someone says "Be yourself." That self may or may not be appropriate to the circumstances. eg I have a persona here that I don't use IRL.

Recognise who you really are? Who do I need to be given the situation I'm in right now?

Dad? Husband? Son? Brother? Retailer of curry at 2am to DrunkenSlob TrippleRippleNeckDave and TooMuchFleshOnDisplayTrace?

I've developed a persona for each one.

For example I'm now gonna put an 'x' that I don't mean.

x