Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vetran

What’s the first signs of mental illness ?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AncientOldBloke said:

I must strongly and vehemently disagree, learned madam.

The worst advice ever is when someone says "Be yourself." That self may or may not be appropriate to the circumstances. eg I have a persona here that I don't use IRL.

Recognise who you really are? Who do I need to be given the siutuation I'm in right now?

Recognizing your weaknesses and what drives you is the best armament you can have to face the world .

I didn’t say “ be yourself “ at all times . We’re social creatures ( most of us ) and have to use diplomacy to get along with each other. Thing is that I try not to allow space for things / people that bother me anymore .

First you have to realize what your wishes really are and what triggers you . Yes , I know , in your case it’s probably everything/ everyone lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Recognizing your weaknesses and what drives you is the best armament you can have to face the world . Agreed

I didn’t say “ be yourself “ at all times . We’re social creatures ( most of us ) and have to use diplomacy to get along with each other. Denied. Diplomacy is merely a euphemism for lying, treachery, beguile, hypocrisy and subterfuge. 

Thing is that I try not to allow space for things / people that bother me anymore .  Denied. If I'm not related to it by blood or marriage, I don't care about its well-being.

First you have to realize what your wishes really are and what triggers you . Agreed. THEN it's easy to work out the plan for getting there. 

Yes , I know , in your case it’s probably everything/ everyone lol. Undecided as yet.

 

x (See?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

I must strongly and vehemently disagree, learned madam.

The worst advice ever is when someone says "Be yourself." That self may or may not be appropriate to the circumstances. eg I have a persona here that I don't use IRL.

Recognise who you really are? Who do I need to be given the situation I'm in right now?

Dad? Husband? Son? Brother? Retailer of curry at 2am to DrunkenSlob TrippleRippleNeckDave and TooMuchFleshOnDisplayTrace?

I've developed a persona for each one.

For example I'm now gonna put an 'x' that I don't mean.

 

x

Stop editing posts after someone has read and replied smart*ss lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, anna1 said:

you sound a bit highstrung for a Sunday morning 

GTG. Chest, shoulders and triceps.

1mg m-tren has kicked in (as you've noticed from my posts, hahhahaha!)

Told AoG to have brunch ready or I'm withdrawing my money, fidelity and protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AncientOldBloke said:

GTG. Chest, shoulders and triceps.

1mg m-tren has kicked in (as you've noticed from my posts, hahhahaha!)

Told AoG to have brunch ready or I'm withdrawing moy money, fidelity and protection.

Keep doing that and one day she’ll swap your m-trens with birth control pills  :D

I know I would :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anna1 said:

Keep doing that and one day she’ll swap your m-trens with birth control pills  :D

I know I would :whistling:

Oh I see.

So you want stuff out but without putting stuff in then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked in this field and I’m going to say . It’s way to varied to say “ as yes , Blar blar blar.”

 

go the gp get an assessment organised if your concerned . Bear in mind 80% of positive mental health assessments lead to very little more than monthly appointments with trained people who can talk it out with you .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Ya Ali madad.

Ya Ali my ass.

You should get on that, mate.

Everyone knows, yelling out "Ya Ali" before a lift makes you lift more.  That's just basic physics.

The pros yell out "Ya Abalfazl", and even have it written on their shirt.  You wanna break world records, that's how it's done:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AncientOldBloke said:

I'm not related to it by blood or marriage, I don't care about its well-being

Most of the people I cannot fcuking stand the sight of are ones that I’m related to by blood and marriage. 

As the saying goes, you can choose your friends.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Most of the people I cannot fcuking stand the sight of are ones that I’m related to by blood and marriage. 

As the saying goes, you can choose your friends.....

Funny thing is, I agree although mine isn’t so aggressive, more that I’m not so keen on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Funny thing is, I agree although mine isn’t so aggressive, more that I’m not so keen on them. 

In retrospect my comment was a perhaps a little harsh. The main issue I have with family members of both my own and my wife is their racism. It really annoys me but essentially they are okay people aside from this. They just got brainwashed by the uk media, the daily mail in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

In retrospect my comment was a perhaps a little harsh. The main issue I have with family members of both my own and my wife is their racism. It really annoys me but essentially they are okay people aside from this. They just got brainwashed by the uk media, the daily mail in particular.

Happens buddy.

Nothing can be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Maybe shoot Paul Dacre?

It'd be a start, but would also make me just as complicit as him. Either way, he’s a tosser of the highest order.

Paul Dacre is sane. He does it for the money. Sells a story, an explanation; sells people someone to blame.

40 years ago it was the Irish.

30 years ago it was the Asians.

20 years ago it was the whoever 

10 years ago it was the Poles.

Today it's Chinese and Russians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

sells people someone to blame.

Adolf Hitler then. Unfortunately we are going down the same road again. Once the people that endured it and are all now dead and it’s forgotten the same pattern repeats. I obviously don’t need to tell you this, but there are plenty of young posters on this site that have no idea what they are letting themselves in for given the current hatred that is coming back with a vengeance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Adolf Hitler then. Unfortunately we are going down the same road again. Once the people that endured it and are all now dead and it’s forgotten the same pattern repeats. I obviously don’t need to tell you this, but there are plenty of young posters on this site that have no idea what they are letting themselves in for given the current hatred that is coming back with a vengeance.

Let people make up there own mind. Instead of you trying to make there mind up for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I an deeply saddened.

Gotta pick the right friends and make the right lifestyle choices.

Media and politicians and financial institutions sell you anything to further THEIR agenda.

It's up to every responsible adult to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×