Sign in to follow this  
Dannyb0yb

Good quality cheap BCAA brand

Can you guys recommend a cheap and good brand, maybe similar to scivation xtend? Meaning it has both arganine and citrulline malate in it.

Also, I read some people state that EEA are far superior and that you shouldnt bother with BCAA on its own. What do you guys think?

My main purpose is injury recovery

The cheapest option is the best one: don't buy any BCAAs.

EAAs are indeed superior to BCAAs if you are going to supplement with either, but for me the only advantage of EAAs over a whole protein source is faster absorption. I use EAAs pre-workout first thing in the morning for this reason, but I suspect they'd be a complete waste of your money for injury recovery.

26 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

EAAs are indeed superior to BCAAs if you are going to supplement with either, but for me the only advantage of EAAs over a whole protein source is faster absorption. I use EAAs pre-workout first thing in the morning for this reason, but I suspect they'd be a complete waste of your money for injury recovery.

Thanks. Will save my money

12 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

10 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Plus one on what ultrasonic said. There was a recent study which was the final nail in the coffin for bcaas but I cannot find it. Eaas all the whey, or eggs.....the list is endless and they are all cheaper 

Will save my money for better food :D while on the subject of supplements for injuries, do you guys know if glucosamine, msm, chondritin and cissus is worth anything? Been taking it for a while 

On 24/10/2018 at 8:28 PM, Ultrasonic said:

On 24/10/2018 at 9:58 PM, Sasnak said:

Plus one on what ultrasonic said. There was a recent study which was the final nail in the coffin for bcaas but I cannot find it. Eaas all the whey, or eggs.....the list is endless and they are all cheaper 

I read several places that argigine + citrulline malate can raise natural GH levels?  Is this bullshit or? Cause otherwise that should warrant for some validity to using bcaa right?

3 hours ago, faipdeooiad said:

Sounds like bollocks. Even if it did raise test, it’d be by minuscule amounts 

I dont know much about it. Did a quick google and found this

Most studies using oral arginine have shown that arginine alone increases the resting growth hormone levels at least 100%

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18090659/

Edit: seems like mixed opinions. This thread they talk about it too and actually cite studies that say it reduces HGH levels, hah..

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127511253&page=1

Citrulline malate may offer some benefit in terms of increasing exercise performance, although the evidence is far from overwhelming at this point.

I'd encourage you to stop spending time looking for supplements to make small changes in hormone levels. You're wasting time on something likely to lead to you wasting money.

Even large acute (short term) changes in hormone levels don't necessarily tell us anything useful anyway. That sort of argument leads to daft ideas like fasting being anabolic for example.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:52 PM, Dannyb0yb said:

Will save my money for better food :D while on the subject of supplements for injuries, do you guys know if glucosamine, msm, chondritin and cissus is worth anything? Been taking it for a while 

Don't waste your money on Glucosamine or Chondrutin there is no research anywhere that says it is even 1% effective!

BCAA's  24.50 per KG plus postage here

4 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

Citrulline malate may offer some benefit in terms of increasing exercise performance, although the evidence is far from overwhelming at this point.

I'd encourage you to stop spending time looking for supplements to make small changes in hormone levels. You're wasting time on something likely to lead to you wasting money.

Even large acute (short term) changes in hormone levels don't necessarily tell us anything useful anyway. That sort of argument leads to daft ideas like fasting being anabolic for example.

All right. Makes sense :D thanks