Sign in to follow this  
Pimp

Part time quals

I was looking at doing a part time PT course. Not because I want to get a job in it but because I thought it would be interesting and good to hang on the wall of my garage gym. When I looked in to it though, there seems to be no national standard and loads of little providers claiming theirs is the one right up to full time college courses! The more I looked in to it, the more I concluded it was a meaningless qualification. I’m semi-retired now, but if I could have my time over, I’d probably have done something that at least had a practical application and something I could have earned some money from (a trade). 

I have quite alot of free time and work and every year I say Iam going to do something in sports nutrition not to get a job in that field but just to learn something which wikl benefit my training. 

But as of yet I haven't done anything about it but I have nearly completed Netflix. Lol 

4 minutes ago, Frandeman said:

Sex industry pays well..

Untaxed too :thumbup1:

What kind of shity pimp are you ??? 

I was waiting for you to appear lols. My mate started doing work as a stripper years ago and ended up servicing bored middle aged housewives for cash. Problem was most of them were fecking ugly and often unhygienic. He did get the odd one he said he’d have happily done for free, however :D

7 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I was waiting for you to appear lols. My mate started doing work as a stripper years ago and ended up servicing bored middle aged housewives for cash. Problem was most of them were fecking ugly and often unhygienic. He did get the odd one he said he’d have happily done for free, however :D

It pays X10 more than the kitchen :whistling:

And im fu**ing good at it :D

4 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Sorry Pimp, but I can't see much commitment here.

NOTHING works unless you give it 100%

You doing the 2nd one for love or money? 

The 1st is for both love and money :D

2nd is just for money and something else on the side/fall back/security type kind of thing..... Trying to be a sensible adult without going all autastic. 

28 minutes ago, Pimp said:

The 1st is for both love and money :D

2nd is just for money and something else on the side/fall back/security type kind of thing..... Trying to be a sensible adult without going all autastic. 

Aha! Then if it's just for money why not do the same, but self-employed?

You know, e.g. a teacher by day. A private tutor in evening.

An accountant in day. A bookkeeper by night.

In other words, use your existing skills but market them to a different buyer.

9 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Aha! Then if it's just for money why not do the same, but self-employed?

You know, e.g. a teacher by day. A private tutor in evening.

An accountant in day. A bookkeeper by night.

In other words, use your existing skills but market them to a different buyer.

Already self employed

I kinda like the idea of trying something new and adding a safety net if something were to go wrong.

13 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

I was looking at doing a part time PT course. Not because I want to get a job in it but because I thought it would be interesting and good to hang on the wall of my garage gym. When I looked in to it though, there seems to be no national standard and loads of little providers claiming theirs is the one right up to full time college courses! The more I looked in to it, the more I concluded it was a meaningless qualification. I’m semi-retired now, but if I could have my time over, I’d probably have done something that at least had a practical application and something I could have earned some money from (a trade). 

I've witnessed some people getting trained to be personal trainers at a gym I used years ago and it was terrible. You wouldn't learn anything from it.

8 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

PT's everywhere.. shitters by the dozen. More saturated than I cant believe it's not butter.

40 minutes ago, Pimp said:

Already self employed

I kinda like the idea of trying something new and adding a safety net if something were to go wrong.

Then:

1. Improve the range of services by learning a new skill 

2. Widen your auduence. Download the meetup app. Attend the networking functions that will increase your gross. You'll get 60 seconds to pitch. Invest time in perfecting it in Word. Then record it in your phone. Say it a million times until it becomes you. I'll pm you my own 60 second pitch by way of example. I say it so naturally now. 

3. Obviously social media, but you prolly know more than me about that aspect 

4. Strategically pick and hang round with those who are already doing your next project. Maybe offer to help out for dirt cheap so you can learn then improve their systems.

4 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Then:

1. Improve the range of services by learning a new skill 

2. Widen your auduence. Download the meetup app. Attend the networking functions that will increase your gross. You'll get 60 seconds to pitch. Invest time in perfecting it in Word. Then record it in your phone. Say it a million times until it becomes you. I'll pm you my own 60 second pitch by way of example. I say it so naturally now. 

3. Obviously social media, but you prolly know more than me about that aspect 

4. Strategically pick and hang round with those who are already doing your next project. Maybe offer to help out for dirt cheap so you can learn then improve their systems.

Just curious AOB, what are you into work wise if you don't mind me asking?

14 minutes ago, D 4 Damage said:

Just curious AOB, what are you into work wise if you don't mind me asking?

I sell curry to pisshead chavs. Dave must have the obligatory triple ripple at the back.of his neck. Trace must have too much make up and cleavage showing - or I don't let them in.

Curry House is called R.G. Bhajis. We play that song "Vindaloo" every time England plays.