GTT

Drug of choice

When the workd is fu**ing you, when youve had a rely bad day. 

What do you turn to? 

I've suffered severe depression for years, wanting to kill yourself from the moment you wake up to the moment you sleep destroys even the strongest people after 10+ years. 

When things get ontop of me I drop valiums, got about 60mg in me now and a bottle of wine. It gives me a break from all this s**t life. 

I've do e Xanax before with booze and that's a whole new level of f**ked up. 

What's your saviour? 

Just come off benzos and other prescription stuff and don't really drink, so I like to have a smoke and chill the fcuk out.

Sometimes s**t pops into your head but having plenty of distractions to hand stops that.

Meditation / mindfulness (finding peace in a frantic world by mark Williams)  sorts me right out if i keep at it every day. Two lots of 15 mins. In the past I've had borderline dependency on sedating antihistamines to help me sleep.

Have weaned myself onto using cheap valerian tablets when i need them now which doesn't seem to cause any side effects . I get to sleep fine but almost always wake up for a piss and can then need a little extra sleepiness to get back to sleep.

If i keep up with the meditation all is good including sleep but I'm great for dropping stuff when i feel fine "i feel fine now it's all fixed".  Same as swole tip actual addictions has never sat well with me but i count myself lucky that i was able to avoid chemically addictive/ dependency forming stuff like benzos and opioids. I think the antihistamine dependency I've had in the past is almost entirely psychological as there were times when I'd use them daily for months on end then stop cold turkey for a week and sleep ok.

I went through 1.5 years eating zopiclone and xanax around the clock. Even trained on zopiclone and remember chewing 3 of them for postworkout. I drank on top of it too. I can hardly remember anything from that time period since I was only half conscious. Benzos abuse completely changed my personality for the worse. Took over a year for my brain to recover from that and not feel like an anxious mess. I still pop a few xannies here and there when the tren mania gets out of hand.

i tried everything but opiates worked best for me when i had really bad day, so i used to take tramadol (high dose) twice a month, then once a week, then 2 times a week and then i had to stop, because even mild withdrawal is really annoying. these days when i feel shitty i just go hiking and i feel much better when i come back home.

35 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

W*nking is nature's own opiate. Bit fed up? Knock one out. Can't sleep? Knock one out. Can't get a girlfriend? Knock one out. Brexit getting you down? Knock one out. Free and entirely legal (unless you are doing it in Primark's women's underwear department).

Well that certainly explains why I'm so happy

Did every drug going throughout my teens but stopped at 22, I never suffered from depression until I stopped. I went through a bad patch about two years ago where I was coming home from work and pouring a drink before I took my coat off. At it's worse I was doing a bottle of spirits a night.

Now I don't do anything. I just try and keep myself busy or manic as a Psychologist would say. I'm generally busy for around 18 hours a day with work, uni, training etc.

Must admit I do from time to time just wish I could get totally off my nut and just switch off but I don't think I could cope with the comedown.

Recreational drugs are amazing when you're on them and absolute s**t when you come down. The brain in many cases is a curse upon us but essential none the less. CNS depression always follows artificial CNS stimulation, the greater the stimulation, the greater the depression. The best way to keep happy is to keep yourself as busy as you can be, work out regularly and build up those natural endorphin levels so you're happy and fun loving as much as possible.

Remember, you only live once, you are standing on a planet spinning at 1,000 miles an hour surrounded by a seemingly infinite universe, possibly part of the only intelligent species in existence and you want to cut your life short? f**k that. Live as long as you can, learn as much as you can, be the best you can be in the time you have.

I do think some people do have clinical depression, it's a serious problem and need help. 

However most are just a bunch of weak soft f**ks who get depressed because they have been ignored on  Instagram or some other lame excuse. Travel to other countries to see how the majority of the world live and you will get a cold dose of reality.

Unless you have clinical depression, a mental or psychological illness, homeless, major upheaval in your life or other such good reasons , stfu and stop feeling sorry for yourself. 

People are far too pampered nowadays. No wonder it's called the snowflake generation. 

Don't really do ''drugs'', drink alcohol sometimes but only when I want to. Never really had a time when I have thought ''I NEED a drink.''  Trying to fix your problems with drugs/alcohol is probably not the best plan.

Dabbled with most recreational drugs. My favourite was probably ketamine. It’s chilled and gets me on a nice wave. GBL/GHB was also mint. Weed makes me feel like I’m going to die. Acid/mushrooms are too intense. Coke makes me really agitated. MDMA is amazing but not something I could do regularly or outside of an event, same with speed. So yeah, it’s going to have to be K. 

40 minutes ago, DLTBB said:

Weed makes me feel like I’m going to die.

:lol: It does the same to me, I can suddenly feel my heart beating and I think it's gonna stop, or misses a beat and almost puts me in a panic attack, or I can't breath, always something to do with heart or breathing lol

On 15/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, GTT said:

When the workd is fu**ing you, when youve had a rely bad day. 

What do you turn to? 

I've suffered severe depression for years, wanting to kill yourself from the moment you wake up to the moment you sleep destroys even the strongest people after 10+ years. 

When things get ontop of me I drop valiums, got about 60mg in me now and a bottle of wine. It gives me a break from all this s**t life. 

I've do e Xanax before with booze and that's a whole new level of f**ked up. 

What's your saviour? 

Seek more or better help buddy.

Salvation isn't found at the bottom of a bottle.