Sign in to follow this  
Jakemaguire

Returning to the platform

Okay so I intend to return to competition as long as everything continues to improve and injury stays at bay it will be February dates yet to be confirmed the goal for next year is to quilify and compete in the British champs I will Don nothing in between no bench only comps no fu**ing around the finals is my focus 

3 minutes ago, Jakemaguire said:

Okay so I intend to return to competition as long as everything continues to improve and injury stays at bay it will be February dates yet to be confirmed the goal for next year is to quilify and compete in the British champs I will Don nothing in between no bench only comps no fu**ing around the finals is my focus 

in for this 

What sort of weights would you be expecting to hit to qualify ?

Okay so not a good start. I've been very very sick since Sunday night lost 5kg in bodyweight and still not well next week will be a difficult one if I'm even better yet. I went to a medical centre today they said theres a nasty sickness and dihorea bug going round I have honestly never been so I'll before in my life, I managed to bench on Tuesday but that was it all down hill from then on

Considering I was feeling rough this was very promising and a pretty good session 

19 minutes ago, Jakemaguire said:

Finally eating normally again still feeling frail will be doing some light training this week to try encourage some reuptake of glycogen I'm in no condition to lift heavy 

This flu has taken a while 

get well soon 

x

54 minutes ago, anna1 said:

This flu has taken a while 

get well soon 

x

I thinks it's been something else, my stomach and guts where causing me some serious pain. Thanks Anna feel I'm on the mend now just a Shane training will take a bit if a set back as a I have a party weekend coming up too lol it'll be a few more weeks before I really pick up steam but I'm going to be on my best behaviour over the Christmas and new year period 100% focus

1 minute ago, Jakemaguire said:

I thinks it's been something else, my stomach and guts where causing me some serious pain. Thanks Anna feel I'm on the mend now just a Shane training will take a bit if a set back as a I have a party weekend coming up too lol it'll be a few more weeks before I really pick up steam but I'm going to be on my best behaviour over the Christmas and new year period 100% focus

Party weekend? Ain’t sorry for you anymore haha

yeah , maybe food poisoning? 

Well have fun from now one 

Back and arms

Lat pull down 4x8

T bar row 50kg not including bar 4x10

Face pull 3x15

Single arm pull over (will video)

Ez curl 30kg not counting bar 3x8

Incline skull crusher 35kg not counting bar 2x8 1x10

Seated incline dumbbell curls 12.5s 3x10

One arm tricep push down 2x12

Single arm cable hammer curl 2x12

Friday bench session 

I had planned on only using the football bar for the next 6 weeks but I going back on that and doing regular bench on fridays as technical practice/speed work.

Bench press 120kg 5x3 122.5kg 3x3 all very fast/explosive 

Dumbbell chest press 32.5s 4x8

Cable flies 4x15

Machine shoulder press 3x8 1x10

Cable side raises 2x12

Face pulls 2x15

Pull downs 2x15

Back and arms 

Lat pull Down 4x8

Seal row 25s 4x8

Rope pull down 3x15

Face pull 3x15

Ez curl 32.5kg not including bar 3x8

Incline skull crusher 40kg not including bar 2x8 1x10

Havn't even done squats this week and feel like Iv had one of the hardest training weeks ever i may have to adjust volume/frequency or maybe I'll adapt and turn into franco Colombo lol

Bench day

Football bench 132.5kg 2x5 140kg 1x2 ( just for the crack)

Dumbbell chest press (incline) 32.5s 1x10 3x12

Incline dumbbell fly 15s 3x12

Machine shoulder press 4x8

Cable side raises 2x12

Face pulls, single arm pull down ( I have a video gonna put on my YouTube instead of cluttering my insta) 3x15