Sign in to follow this  

For those of you who take PEDS, do you consider it an addiction?

2 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

The thought about one day not being able to take them actually worries me lol

It would make it simpler for me, I’m like a child, if I physically couldn’t get them any more I’d be ok with that cos itwould be out of my hands. I have no will power to stop, and because they’re so readily available I keep going. I’m 37 now, can’t see me stopping any time soon.

Like mr rigsby suggests, you don’t need to take a drug to be an addict and gambling demonstrates this. I think steroids have addictive pathway similar to gambling even though you do take a drug, albeit one that doesn’t make you high.

In my 45 years I’ve used all drugs bar heroin and I used to drink a lot. I’ve never had any problems giving any drug up bar nicotine. What I find is life can seem very dull without some form of drug, or activity, whether that be steroids or something else. I could replace drugs with a high risk activity such as rock climbing but I’ve promised my wife that I won’t join the mountaineering club until the kids are older. Even then she won’t be happy about it.

4 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

@Sasnak how long you took steroids bro?

About 1992 through to about 96/97 on and off. Then again albeit briefly in about 2005 ish. Purchased loads of gear in 2016 but only started using again recently due to one thing and another. So 2018 to date. I’ve no current plans on coming off even if it’s just 150 trt per week which I’m switching to shortly till Xmas.

9 hours ago, Sasnak said:

About 1992 through to about 96/97 on and off. Then again albeit briefly in about 2005 ish. Purchased loads of gear in 2016 but only started using again recently due to one thing and another. So 2018 to date. I’ve no current plans on coming off even if it’s just 150 trt per week which I’m switching to shortly till Xmas.

Been on constantly for the last 5 years now, basically come around to the fact that I'm probably going to be on synthetic test for the rest of my life. 

I obviously will try to PCT when the time comes, but I'm not holding out much hope. 

The Devil gave me such a good deal you see, he said I'll give you strength and muscles, all you need to do is sign this bit of paper, giving me your soul! 

Choice was easy really. 

He then said 'see you real soon' and vanished. 

20 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Realistically I think I will take something or another for the foreseeable. I don’t do high doses but feel so much better when on.

12 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

Been on constantly for the last 5 years now, basically come around to the fact that I'm probably going to be on synthetic test for the rest of my life. 

I obviously will try to PCT when the time comes, but I'm not holding out much hope. 

The Devil gave me such a good deal you see, he said I'll give you strength and muscles, all you need to do is sign this bit of paper, giving me your soul! 

Choice was easy really. 

He then then said 'see you real soon' and vanished. 

I wouldn’t even bother mate, at the risk of crashing and loose all the gains you’ve worked so hard for..

just self perscribe trt, or slightly higher.

been on 300mg a week (with a few breaks) since found out levels were low but nhs refused trt. Feel like absolute s**t after a few weeks off, although lifts and physique remain largely unchanged. But can’t stand the feeling of being off now so in a way yes it is an addiction

Definitely would say I'm addicted even though I often come off for long periods, 6 months or so I'm always itching to get back on. I can't imagine never taking gear again.

I'm 42 now and didn't do my first cycle until I was 34 been training since 16. Still, believe waiting until I was older before taking gear was the best thing I ever did.

I used them last year a little the year before. Stopped taking them beginning of December after I did a powerlifting comp. That was my plan before the competition to come off after.

I get tempted sometimes to use again as the strength gains are addictive. But for me it's not as good as people make it out to be. I was getting good results and was looking to build up to a 300kg deadlift but I kind of didn't care enough to keep using. 

2 hours ago, Sparkey said:

Could you just stop tomorrow and never touch them again?  

Today I could quite easily walk away but that's after no cycle for three years, would probably be a different story after my planned winter bulk.