Ferenor

Struggle downing 4000+ kcal

Hey all. I’m here to ask you what can I do to reduce the sickness that I’m getting from eating 4000+ calories. I feel bloated, have problems going to the bathroom. My diet is almost clean (basmati rice, chicken, olive oil, egg whites, instant oats. That’s it) but I’m having a hard time digesting all this food. What can I do? I read somewhere about digestive enzymes... please help. Bulking is a pain.

4k cals is nothing mate, really shouldn’t be struggling with that, could try digestive enzymes, may be a reason your feeling bloated and no appetite, you on cycle? 

Getting acid reflux?

2 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

4k cals is nothing mate, really shouldn’t be struggling with that, could try digestive enzymes, may be a reason your feeling bloated and no appetite, you on cycle? 

Getting acid reflux?

Yes, I have finished 3rd week of 600 Test and 400 Mast.

No acid reflux for now 

19 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Are you gaining weight though? If you are then don’t worry about it. I’m gaining 3lb ish a week on 3250 cals. I don’t do a physical job however.

Nope, actually lost weight... that’s why I want to solve this problem, so I can increase them 

47 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

Try not eating so clean, get your cals in then, and food be a lot more appealing.

^this then. At the end of the day fat is the most calorie dense food. Evoo would me my choice if I had to get calories in.

Firstly, do you need 4k calories to bulk? 

Secondly, have you jumped from a lot lower cutting or maintenance calories all in one go? 

For example from 2500 to 4000+? 

I find it better to basically reverse diet and ramp up the calories in smaller increments over a few weeks. 

Try drinking your calories - whole fat milk, peanut butter, olive oil, whey protein - easy 1000 calories. 

1 minute ago, Sparkey said:

Firstly, do you need 4k calories to bulk? 

Secondly, have you jumped from a lot lower cutting or maintenance calories all in one go? 

For example from 2500 to 4000+? 

I find it better to basically reverse diet and ramp up the calories in smaller increments over a few weeks. 

Try drinking your calories - whole fat milk, peanut butter, olive oil, whey protein - easy 1000 calories. 

Yes, I was losing weight at 3750 kcal.

I don’t remember correctly, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t that kind of jump in calories. 

4 hours ago, Ferenor said:

Hey all. I’m here to ask you what can I do to reduce the sickness that I’m getting from eating 4000+ calories. I feel bloated, have problems going to the bathroom. My diet is almost clean (basmati rice, chicken, olive oil, egg whites, instant oats. That’s it) but I’m having a hard time digesting all this food. What can I do? I read somewhere about digestive enzymes... please help. Bulking is a pain.

First.

Focus and find foods that agree with you.

No point eating it if you feel aick and it kills your appetite etc.

Then drink some, oils, shakes, oats, peanut butter, fruit etc blended.

I feel your pain.

It's whats stalling my gains just niw as i just can't be bothered force feeding.

And increase gradually.

If youve went from 2k to 4k, then you've f**ked up

Blender: 

-Milk 

-Peanut butter or sesame paste

-Protein Powder

-Banana or other fruits

-Oatmeal

You can easily get 1000 liquid cals this way and will be easier to digest

Thank you all for your advice, it seems that I had a sickness going on, looks solved now that I’m running some probiotics and digestive enzymes with Imodium. Tomorrow will try to up the cals by 375.

1 hour ago, Ferenor said:

Is it? I thought of this because I’m still losing weight.

Big jumps are harder for your body to adapt to and are more likely to cause issues. I'd be reluctant to increase by more than 200 kcal in any week personally. 

Bear in mind that water gain/loss complicated the picture of using weight changes as your sole guide of what is going on.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Ferenor said:

Mmm the oats can be a problem too... I’m doing 200g every day, can it be a problem?

If I ate 200g of oats in a day id have nice big massive turds, I certainly wouldn't have problems going the bathroom.

Are you taking a multivit? they clog me up reeeeeeal bad.