Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

If you can bench 100kg, you're strong. Seriously.

Most people in a chain gym rep out 60kg or so. 90% won't be able to bench 100kg. And when you take into consideration all the non-lifters, 100kg is strong. The average untrained man benches about 60 to 70kg for 1 rep.

2 minutes ago, swole troll said:

I'd say heads start to turn at 3 plates 

And those heads are of arms n chest only brahs that think the anabolic window is essential to making any progress whatsoever 

3 plates in powerlifting isnt jack s**t

Not in your average chain gym. I've had comments doing 2 plates.

4 minutes ago, Frost_uk said:

100kg is the first milestone on the bench isn't it? I remember my first 100kg bench was a great day for me

I can remember 3 plates a side for reps being a nice bench mark, as a young lad I can remember looking at blokes benching 3 plates a side like gods.

when I benched 200kg for a rep I was honestly buzzing still for few days after it lol.

sounds sad but I can honestly remember being in the shower the next day still thinking I can’t believe I’ve done it 

:lol:

1 minute ago, swole troll said:

I'd say heads start to turn at 3 plates 

And those heads are of arms n chest only brahs that think the anabolic window is essential to making any progress whatsoever 

3 plates in powerlifting isnt jack s**t

Aside from the likes of you, jake Maguire, huntingground, herc, jack of blades, etc ive only ever seen a  few people lift the kinds of weights you lot lift in the gym. considering I’ve been training in gyms for over 25 years that says a lot about how unusual it is. That said, I do train at the municipal these days rather than the meathead gym

2 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

I can remember 3 plates a side for reps being a nice bench mark, as a young lad I can remember looking at blokes benching 3 plates a side like gods.

when I benched 200kg for a rep I was honestly buzzing still for few days after it lol.

sounds sad but I can honestly remember being in the shower the next day still thinking I can’t believe I’ve done it 

:lol:

Have you ever thought about doing bench comps or maybe a Push/pull? Youve got a strong bench mate, with specific programming, training etc youd end up with a monster bench 

Just now, Simon90 said:

Have you ever thought about doing bench comps or maybe a Push/pull? Youve got a strong bench mate, with specific programming, training etc youd end up with a monster bench 

Spoke to @Huntingground and @swole troll  about it briefly. 

Id like to, I couldn’t do the whole powerlifting thing my squat be fu**ing pathetic I’ve never botherd with um.

Bullshit. If you can just bench 100kg you're average, if you can do it for 10 reps easy, your a bit better than average. I don't mind being a bit better than average but I'd like to be a lot better.

Just now, Matt6210 said:

Spoke to @Huntingground and @swole troll  about it briefly. 

Id like to, I couldn’t do the whole powerlifting thing my squat be fu**ing pathetic I’ve never botherd with um.

Dont blame you haha, Theres plenty of comps/ certain federations where you can just go and bench mate, cos a 200kg bench without any specific bench training shows you got alot potential for a massive bench

Just now, sjacks said:

Bullshit. If you can just bench 100kg you're average, if you can do it for 10 reps easy, your a bit better than average. I don't mind being a bit better than average but I'd like to be a lot better.

No. If you can bench more than the average gym goer, you're strong. Most people who bench in gyms up and down the country can't bench 100kg. So 100kg is strong.

I doubt most people on this forum can bench 100kg for 10 reps and most people on here are on the juice.

2 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

Dont blame you haha, Theres plenty of comps/ certain federations where you can just go and bench mate, cos a 200kg bench without any specific bench training shows you got alot potential for a massive bench

Hard to get into it without knowing someone tho ain’t it, no one where I’m currently living into anything like that or power lifting gyms etc...