Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

If you can bench 100kg, you're strong. Seriously.

9 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

Yeah the one you quoted is one rep, I wasn’t sure if you were talking about one further back in post.

So going of that table I should only be able to lift 140 for one rep.... Meh .... Table is wrong...  I'm 48 yo natty and do that s**t for sets n reps for fun on my training days..   

25 minutes ago, The-Real-Deal said:

So going of that table I should only be able to lift 140 for one rep.... Meh .... Table is wrong...  I'm 48 yo natty and do that s**t for sets n reps for fun on my training days..   

No it's to qualify for the competition I think. 

2 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Yes, I don’t do half reps, I pull up as high as I physically can. I don’t understand this half rep nonsense. My weight is lower at the minute as deliberately losing weight. 

The trade off is that my bench press is pathetic for my weight. 

When I train my back, I generally use quite a lot more weight than others in the gym. 

That’s quite impressive, I have never seen a bigger guy that can do more than 10-12.

100kg is an impressive benchmark. Most lifters who want to get better and don't fanny about will get there for sure. 

I remember being a noob, 40kg was a struggle. Without a wobble. For 6 reps!!! 

Since then I got to 120kg for 4 reps. Which isn't amazing but I've never trained for strength. I generally do 100kg for 10-12 reps. But haven't even benched in 4 months,  been using dumbells I'll go back to bench once my shoulder is fully better as the movement hurts after a while at the moment. 

But 100kg is decent, it's those who stay at 60kg for 5 years who baffle me. Rather see someone struggle with 50kg but steadily. Improve than do their 60kg and not even look phased and never try go heavier... Them. cu**s annoy me. 

But I'd say as a noob starting out my goals were 1 plate then 2 plate bench. 2 plate seemed. Impossible as I started. 

Squat was 80kg I started out at.which was more than my bodyweight so I was happy but goal. Was 100kg.managed to crack 150 for 2 before various ligament damage in my left knee. 

Deadlift I started 100kg for 2 or 3. Goal was 3 plates. Managed to get to 4.5 plates as my 1rm. 

I'm more happy with adding Weight to pull ups and dips tbh with you. Feel. I get more out of that in terms of size gains.

11 hours ago, big vin said:

I meant 100kg 

Some weird people on here can't even answer a simple question 

Yeah it includes the bar weight. 100kg would be 2x20kg plates on each side plus the 20kg bar to add up to 100. That’s why it’s called 2 plates a side. 

12 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

That’s quite impressive, I have never seen a bigger guy that can do more than 10-12.

I guess it’s where I am a bit better than usual whereas as I said before, my bench press is poor for the effort I put in. 

One thing is for sure, I don’t hang at the bottom for any duration, I am up, down, up, down. The bar in the current gym has very poor knurling so I have to use ‘Grizzly grabbers’(similar to straps).  I’m training back tomorrow and haven’t done any pull ups for a good few weeks so I’ll see what I can do and will report back if I remember. 

5 hours ago, swole troll said:

Amazed at how few people are aware of what powerlifting really is..

I've no real interest in bodybuilding but still know it's about getting really lean, tanned, shaving your body, prancing around on stage and sucking dick to fund your GH bill

Lol, unsure why but I see it pretty much the same way. 

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Yeah it includes the bar weight. 100kg would be 2x20kg plates on each side plus the 20kg bar to add up to 100. That’s why it’s called 2 plates a side. 

If my training partner doesn’t turn up or I’m discussing what the aim of the session is, I always count in plates, even if it’s 4 n half plates or even 4 n a quarter(rare if we use quarters). It’s just easier, lazy as well I guess. 

Just now, BLUE(UK) said:

I’m in no position to be providing tips for in the bedroom unless it’s a DIY issue. :(

I’m sure sjacks can provide answers... he knows about everything else, rumour has it if your wearing an overpriced ill fitting KEK hoody your sex appeal is multiplied 10 fold!

1 minute ago, Haunted_Sausage said:

I’m sure sjacks can provide answers... he knows about everything else, rumour has it if your wearing an overpriced ill fitting KEK hoody your sex appeal is multiplied 10 fold!

New slogans, 

‘Body of a KEK god’

’I got KEK’s appeal’