Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

If you can bench 100kg, you're strong. Seriously.

Current weight 85kg with these targets by next summer. As I have taken a step back from PL for month to rest the joints!!

10kg off 6plate deadlift (260kg)

7.5kg off 3.5plate bench (160kg)

10kg off 5.5plate squat (200kg)

1 minute ago, herc said:

Current weight 85kg with these targets by next summer. As I have taken a step back from PL for month to rest the joints!!

10kg off 6plate deadlift (260kg)

7.5kg off 3.5plate bench (160kg)

10kg off 5.5plate squat (200kg)

Big lifts mate, keep plodding on have them all in no time.

1 minute ago, united said:

No mate, proper back street gym, even Nathan DeAsher trains there from time to time

I really don’t know how to reply to this, so you train in a backstreet bodybuilders gym when the best pro bodybuilder in the country right now trains?

and people barely bench over 100kg?

you pulling my pisser a little bro?

6 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

Big lifts mate, keep plodding on have them all in no time.

Deadlifts and bench were going well just really wanting to get that 200kg squat!! 

Right now I’m bulking up so aim is to get to 90kg and hitting reps of 10. Then will switch back to stronglifts 

currently on TRT so the hypertrophy phase will help hold size whilst the insides take a rest from oils :) 

1 minute ago, herc said:

Deadlifts and bench were going well just really wanting to get that 200kg squat!! 

Right now I’m bulking up so aim is to get to 90kg and hitting reps of 10. Then will switch back to stronglifts 

currently on TRT so the hypertrophy phase will help hold size whilst the insides take a rest from oils :) 

When you say trt? You on trt on you mean cruise dose?

10 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

No. If you can bench more than the average gym goer, you're strong. Most people who bench in gyms up and down the country can't bench 100kg. So 100kg is strong.

I doubt most people on this forum can bench 100kg for 10 reps and most people on here are on the juice.

Is this a serious thread or a wind up??

How come nobody talks about role of genetics? If you have crappy genetics then a 100kg bench press is a mighty achievement, whereas others get there incredibly quickly. There is a guy at my gym who got to 130kg after a couple of months of training, and he's natty.

You can only be the best version of yourself. In real terms I don't think that a 100kg bench press is anything to write home about, but it really depends on your God-given genetics.

11 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

All dumbbell work buddy.

Train mainly volume and reos just now.

Machine presses don't fit well with me.

May be a height thing.

The dumbbell bench is going to have a massive carry over to barbell bench so I'm not that surprised you could lift reasonably heavy on first attempt after a year. 

3 hours ago, Huntingground said:

100 even as a natty is average, dependent on BW of course.

Here are the ABPU qualifying totals for natty benchers in Open class for different BWs:-

BENCH ONLY MENS

ABPU Men's Bench Only Raw                    
Body weight 52k 56k 60k 67.5 75 82.5k 90k 100k 110 125 140 140+
Open 70 75 80 90 100 110 120 130 145 152.5

The 140+ value should be 170 but is missing.

http://www.britishpowerliftingunion.co.uk/abpu-qualifying-totals-2019/

People competing in a power lifting competition are going to be taking lifting and diet far more serious than the average gym rat.

Probably the average man has the potential to do reps with 100kg but are not training hard enough to do it.

All depends how you are defining average.

1 hour ago, Bull Terrier said:

How come nobody talks about role of genetics? If you have crappy genetics then a 100kg bench press is a mighty achievement, whereas others get there incredibly quickly. There is a guy at my gym who got to 130kg after a couple of months of training, and he's natty.

You can only be the best version of yourself. In real terms I don't think that a 100kg bench press is anything to write home about, but it really depends on your God-given genetics.

Very true.

Genetics will always determine how good you look, how much you can lift etc. I’ll use myself as an example, my bench is quite poor when compared to my other lifts. My recent lifts(not my best);

Bench 160kg x 1, I try so hard on this but I just don’t progress. 

Squat(ATG) 140 x 20 for 3 sets. Obviously I could do quite a bit more weight but that day I felt good on the lower back and technique was great. 180 x 10 for a few sets is usually a good session too. 

I don’t deadlift as I always end up crippled once above 180kg. I need to be able to go to work. 

Low rows, 150 x 8 or 180kg for a single. The stack is humongous but this isn’t so recent as I no longer train in this gym. 

Pull ups x 20-25 usually. 

So it’s not the lack of effort or food that hampers my bench press, I’m just not genetically built to do it. 

My training partner on the other hand blitzed 180kg and his max years ago which I have witnessed was 220kg for a double. Even more crazy is that he benches bodybuilding style.  Yet even he admits that he’ll never manage to squat or any leg exercise what I do, his back isn’t as strong as mine(very close tho) and whilst we have roughly the same strength in biceps(depends on the day), my triceps are quite a way stronger. Shoulders I am a fair bit stronger unless behind the neck which just feels awful for me. 

God only knows how my triceps can be so strong, yet my bench so poor. 

2 hours ago, Matt6210 said:

I really don’t know how to reply to this, so you train in a backstreet bodybuilders gym when the best pro bodybuilder in the country right now trains?

and people barely bench over 100kg?

you pulling my pisser a little bro?

It’s stones gym in widnes, he’s trained there on and off for years, he also trains at dedicated fitnes in Liverpool.

check out his Facebook page, plenty of videos of him training in stones mate

1 hour ago, Bull Terrier said:

Yeah I agree with that. Some guys will start off with barely any weight 100 kg is impressive for those guys. Then you get those naturally strong guys first benching and do 100kg. Strength varies so much, what's one man's 1 rep max is another man's warm up 

3 hours ago, herc said:

entirely up to you man and you know what youre doing but dont you think youre a little too advanced for stronglifts? 

its pretty aggressive progression

i know you were sick of 531 but i could see adding 2.5kg to the bar 3x a week stalling VERY quickly for someone of your level of development  

26 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

We can probably all agree that benching 100g isn't impressive ;).

It's not ''impressive'' but still I would say it would mean you were strong at least compared to the average man. At the very least it's not weak.

Realisticly the only reason you would need to be stronger is if you were an athlete. A fireman who could bench 100kg would likely be strong enough to do his job.