Sign in to follow this  
JohhnyC

Mental Health? Sometimes just an excuse

Technology coupled with working very long hours in a western capitalist world all plays a big part in this.  You're never free from it.  People who work in big capitalist organsations are encouraged to have company applications installed on their personal phones, such as intune so that they are able to access their work emails for instance and are contactable during their free time.  With this sort of sh;t in place, people don't get to have a break from it in their free time and are unable to 'switch off'.

The reason why 2nd or 3rd world people (as Ancient old fat bloke suggested) do not suffer from this is because they aren't exposed to it.  They live very simple lives and work in menial jobs where they aren't contactable, or feel like they should be contactable outside of their working day.  The people he's referring to probably do not know even know what television is.

It's staggering how thick some people on here can be.

11 minutes ago, Pimp said:

*staggered 

*Ironic

No. I meant to say 'staggering' thanks.  Why don't you go back to being a 'pimp' and leave my grammar alone?  With a name like 'pimp' I doubt you showed your face in school anyway.  You were probably too busy "runnin de blud clart ghetto" or some other silly council estate s**t.

2 minutes ago, no-one said:

No. I meant to say 'staggering' thanks.  Why don't you go back to being a 'pimp' and leave my grammar alone?  With a name like 'pimp' I doubt you showed your face in school anyway.  You were probably too busy "runnin de blud clart ghetto" or some other silly council estate s**t.

You sound depressed. u ok hun?

16 minutes ago, no-one said:

Technology coupled with working very long hours in a western capitalist world all plays a big part in this.  You're never free from it.  People who work in big capitalist organsations are encouraged to have company applications installed on their personal phones, such as intune so that they are able to access their work emails for instance and are contactable during their free time.  With this sort of sh;t in place, people don't get to have a break from it in their free time and are unable to 'switch off'.

The reason why 2nd or 3rd world people (as Ancient old fat bloke suggested) do not suffer from this is because they aren't exposed to it.  They live very simple lives and work in menial jobs where they aren't contactable, or feel like they should be contactable outside of their working day.  The people he's referring to probably do not know even know what television is.

It’s funny you should mention about 2nd and 3rd world countries as these often haven’t had infrastructure for landlines, they actually have mobile phone masts everywhere and most folk ride about on their push bikes with their smart phone to hand or ear. 

As for allowing employers install their stuff on your personal mobile, more fool the person agreeing to it. I have a work mobile phone for calls, emails etc and that is switched off the moment I finish work. If Work want it on then they need to give me some incentive to keep it on otherwise it simply won’t be looked at. Those who agree to work without reward are setting themselves up for having the piss took out of them. 

5 hours ago, anna1 said:

This woman that approached me at the gym , started telling me about her numerous problems and how she suffers from depression and agoraphobia and I don’t remember what else , kept on and on about it 

I started feeling sorry for her cause she lives alone , ran errands for her on a daily basis and only now I realize she’s just a selfish b”tch that likes to take advantage of people . No wonder no one likes talking to her 

damn it , don’t know what it is about me that attracts all the freaks lol

Savage 

36 minutes ago, no-one said:

I apologise for my thickness. Just trying to make the grade, but as usual, my mental health isn't helping.

7 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Well youre on this msg board aren't you? Means you have a pathological need to hang with lonely losers.

Nowhere near as much as you, old fat bloke.  I mean, you needed to seek approval on whether you should go and have a pie and chips in a pub the other day from a bunch of strangers on here.

43 minutes ago, no-one said:

I actually agree with most of this and I study mental health specifically 

Good post

27 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

I come here to relax mate, not fight mate. I'm too old to need approval.

You dont like me thats fine. You're not  the first and won't be the last.

Anyway none of this counts cos I'm thick.

Ah, you're OK mate I don't actually mind you at all.  In actual fact, I think the majority of the real fcuk wits have actually fcuked off! :thumb

59 minutes ago, no-one said:

Ah, you're OK mate I don't actually mind you at all.  In actual fact, I think the majority of the real fcuk wits have actually fcuked off! :thumb

Nah. No offence taken. You'll soon get used to my tongue-in-cheek style of writing.

Every few months pops up a genuinely funny but dumb-as-f**k new guy. Eg one wrote as a title "Orals?" Then nothing in the message box. 

Sadly, also every few months pops up some new t**t with a 'tude.  The 'tude is always the same - he's superior in every way from the rest of us.

Such is the beauty and wonder of those who make up humanity...they run the whole gamut from morons on one end to geniuses at the other.

Anyway, we should continue our verbal sparring, much like those TV wrestlers do, purely to put on a good show for the audience.