Sign in to follow this  
stone14

Blood purge causes bigger gains?

A guy in a Facebook group has stated that he in on aas, he has purged some blood via a home kit, within 3 weeks of this he has gained 4lb, he feels the aas a lot more and workouts have greatly improved. The only change was the blood letting.

My layman’s hypothesis is that the blood key would have removed some of the cortisol his body has produced to counteract the anabolic effect of the aas as the body attempts to gain homeostasis again. Also with continued aas intake. His blood concentrations will increase due to there being less blood resulting in a stronger effect.

Any ideas? Sounds interesting. I’d dump blood for gains lol. It can be professionally done, home diy is not the only way.

5 minutes ago, big vin said:

Lol 

His blood volume would be back to normal within hours 

Off top of my head I believe it takes 24 hours for the volume of blood to return to normal.

And red blood cell count returns to normal in about 6 weeks (assuming red blood cell count was normal at point of donating/letting)

1 hour ago, stone14 said:

A guy in a Facebook group has stated that he in on aas, he has purged some blood via a home kit, within 3 weeks of this he has gained 4lb, he feels the aas a lot more and workouts have greatly improved. The only change was the blood letting.

My layman’s hypothesis is that the blood key would have removed some of the cortisol his body has produced to counteract the anabolic effect of the aas as the body attempts to gain homeostasis again. Also with continued aas intake. His blood concentrations will increase due to there being less blood resulting in a stronger effect.

Any ideas? Sounds interesting. I’d dump blood for gains lol. It can be professionally done, home diy is not the only way.

Image result for mind blown

14 minutes ago, Cypionate said:

4lb in 3 weeks? I lose 4lb overnight and gain it back the next day  :lol:

Thinking about it, 4lbs in 3 weeks is nothing special. 

Still I would like to know what effects it has on nor19's in the system.

9 hours ago, Vinny said:

Off top of my head I believe it takes 24 hours for the volume of blood to return to normal.

And red blood cell count returns to normal in about 6 weeks (assuming red blood cell count was normal at point of donating/letting)

When donating blood usually one pint is taken so roughly one tenth of the amount of blood in an adult .

So what he is presuming is by having one tenth less blood for about one day and he is assuming one tenth less cortisol for one day would have such a dramatic effect on his myself building abilities . Sounds ludicrous and even more ludicrous given that if the body detects less cortisol than usual it would just make more to compensate .

4 hours ago, Vinny said:

I would imagine if he's red blood cell count was extremely high, it would put a lot of stress on he's body which could impact muscle growth to some extent.

No it would be the opposite. This is one of the androgenic effects of steroids  as high red blood cells would increase the body's oxygen carrying capacity facilitating better workouts . This is one of the reasons some professional cyclists inject EPO.