A.b

thoughts on calories in

Hi - 

I've been considering daily calorie intake as a disabled person.

More specifically, as I can do less training, should i consume less or as I fatigue and hit my upper range sooner, should I consume more to replenish what's been burned.

I've been cruising/maintaining, but if anyone has any knowledge on this I'd appreciate it.  I'd like to put on some weight, but avoid over eating, getting chubby and exacerbating my symptoms.

Thanks!

Some numbers:

I'm mid 30s, 188cm, 74kg, 12%fat, 20~BMI

I aim for 3 home workouts p/w 

squats 5x10, 25kg on the bar, my legs are like twigs so that's my focus!

deadlift, bent rows, curls, raises, same bar, same weight, same range _ crunches, body weight lunges

work out your maintenance calories and go from there, if muscle gain is your goal then train to achieve that on maintenance calories and adjust upwards when you need to.

The basic 'rules' are the same for you as anyone else. If you eat more calories than your body uses then this will result in body fat gain, and if you don't eat enough you'll struggle to make training progress, and if taken too far you will lose weight. Ultimately it's trial and error to find what's best for you between these extremes, and bear in mind what is best can change over time.

To gain weight, you should not decrease your calories as you train less. It would be wise to eat more for weight gain, an average of 250 additional calories per day will help to achieve this. This is a gradual weight gain guide that will help you not overeat or gain too much.