Jump to content
G-man99

Lower body routine whilst injured

Recommended Posts

Potentially going to be unable to train upper body for the foreseeable future as I've torn my bicep. 

 

Looking for some routine ideas that I can be doing whilst I recover. 

Any suggestions to keep me motivated will be grateful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I’m sure @swole troll can help. He managed to train legs with a detached pec with his arm in a sling at all times. Thanks

Gutted as I was 2 weeks in to my cycle. Dropped down to cruise again. 

Will obviously focus on legs and abs but just want some different ideas so I'm not just doing the same thing 3 times a week. 

Can't even squat as it will be too uncomfortable and risky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Gutted as I was 2 weeks in to my cycle. Dropped down to cruise again. 

Will obviously focus on legs and abs but just want some different ideas so I'm not just doing the same thing 3 times a week. 

Can't even squat as it will be too uncomfortable and risky. 

Donkey kicks !

Gluuuute raises (post a vid of that ) 

box squats 

work that bootie baby  :thumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 arm ssb squat

Leg press 

Leg extensions

Leg curl

Then loads of 1 arm stuff 

 

There is studies showing that working the non injured limb will slow atrophy of the injured limb

Its also good to keep the routine 

I found it great for mental health 

Bang in 3iu of hgh ed and bpc 157 goes a long way near the site of injury 

At least that's the 2 peptides I primarily utilized and I recovered from a complete pec major rupture in 50% of the time 

The physio was baffled at my progress and said she just couldn't advise me any further as it would be out of protocol but anything she could advise me to do I was well past 

Dig up my pec tear recovery log if you want to see what else I used and did

 

I know it blows ass being out of the game but here's to a speedy recovery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Machines only I guess?

Not easy I know but I'd be trying to get into the mindset of really taking this as an opportunity to focus on making improvements to your legs, and bear in mind that 'muscle memory' is a very real phenomenon so whilst you will lose upper body size you will be able to get this back relatively easily once recovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swole troll said:

There is studies showing that working the non injured limb will slow atrophy of the injured limb

I think I vaguely remember hearing about that but had forgotten about it. That definitely adds a different dimension to the training plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, swole troll said:

1 arm ssb squat

Leg press 

Leg extensions

Leg curl

Then loads of 1 arm stuff 

 

There is studies showing that working the non injured limb will slow atrophy of the injured limb

Its also good to keep the routine 

I found it great for mental health 

Bang in 3iu of hgh ed and bpc 157 goes a long way near the site of injury 

At least that's the 2 peptides I primarily utilized and I recovered from a complete pec major rupture in 50% of the time 

The physio was baffled at my progress and said she just couldn't advise me any further as it would be out of protocol but anything she could advise me to do I was well past 

Dig up my pec tear recovery log if you want to see what else I used and did

 

I know it blows ass being out of the game but here's to a speedy recovery 

Am using HGH 4iu EOD, you think changing it to ED will be better?

Got super cissus and animal flex as well. 

Might look in to BPC 157 as well. 

Going back to see specialist next Wednesday to see where we go next with it and decide if surgery will be needed. 

Will give 1 arm training a go, usually do shoulders etc one arm at a time anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Am using HGH 4iu EOD, you think changing it to ED will be better?

Got super cissus and animal flex as well. 

Might look in to BPC 157 as well. 

Going back to see specialist next Wednesday to see where we go next with it and decide if surgery will be needed. 

Will give 1 arm training a go, usually do shoulders etc one arm at a time anyway. 

I doubt it 

I was doing a piggy backed shot of 3iu Monday to Friday iirc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lifesizepenguin said:

mate im gutted for you. i jad a mild tear in my bicep and i waa out for near 8 weeks with bpc and gh peptides.

how bad is the tear

Had ultrasound etc and its a partial tear, they want to treat it conservatively initially and I'm having another appointment on Wednesday with a specialist to see what's next. She did the hook test where she stuck her fingers around the tendon to check if had fully ruptured but seems not. The bicep hasn't retracted but there is a dent in the muscle and it won't tense when I try. 

1st pic - Saturday

2nd pic - Monday

3rd pic - Today, but bruising is all around my arm, upper arm and hand now

IMG_20180803_111815.jpg

IMG_20180803_230938.jpg

IMG_20180809_163300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Had ultrasound etc and its a partial tear, they want to treat it conservatively initially and I'm having another appointment on Wednesday with a specialist to see what's next. She did the hook test where she stuck her fingers around the tendon to check if had fully ruptured but seems not. The bicep hasn't retracted but there is a dent in the muscle and it won't tense when I try. 

1st pic - Saturday

2nd pic - Monday

3rd pic - Today, but bruising is all around my arm, upper arm and hand now

IMG_20180803_111815.jpg

IMG_20180803_230938.jpg

IMG_20180809_163300.jpg

the same surgeon that operated on my pec did this other guy i know from up the gym bicep after he tried doing a one arm pull up after a big back session

he had a partial tear and the surgeon told him they wont operate like that and if he wants it fixed as best they can do (operated on) then it needs to be fully ruptured 

so he went back up the gym and did one massive eccentric curl and completely detached it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, swole troll said:

the same surgeon that operated on my pec did this other guy i know from up the gym bicep after he tried doing a one arm pull up after a big back session

he had a partial tear and the surgeon told him they wont operate like that and if he wants it fixed as best they can do (operated on) then it needs to be fully ruptured 

so he went back up the gym and did one massive eccentric curl and completely detached it 

Have heard that if it's partial then sometimes the surgeon will do a full rupture as part of the procedure to do the reattachment. 

I've got private medical so I'm sure if I push him then he will do it as he gets paid s**t loads :D

Currently going through the NHS but will see what comes of my next appointment if I decide to go private instead. 

 

Can't imagine what the lad must of been thinking knowing he was going to go through some pretty bad pain to do that to himself!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, G-man99 said:

Had ultrasound etc and its a partial tear, they want to treat it conservatively initially and I'm having another appointment on Wednesday with a specialist to see what's next. She did the hook test where she stuck her fingers around the tendon to check if had fully ruptured but seems not. The bicep hasn't retracted but there is a dent in the muscle and it won't tense when I try. 

1st pic - Saturday

2nd pic - Monday

3rd pic - Today, but bruising is all around my arm, upper arm and hand now

IMG_20180803_111815.jpg

IMG_20180803_230938.jpg

IMG_20180809_163300.jpg

Thats fuckin bad news that.

i dont think ice and ibuprofen is gonna cut it this time :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update from this:

 

Had x-ray, ultrasound and MRI and now they've decided it will require surgery for the best chance for to continue lifting without major discomfort.

Will be getting the tendon from my wrist removed and grafted to my elbow tendon. The bicep will be stretched 3cm and reattached with an S hook and plate that will be drilled through the bone. It's a double incision operation for a partial distal bicep tendon tear 

 

@swole troll @Pscarb

Anyone else with any advice to assist in repair and recovery. 

BP 157 and/or TB 500 worthwhile after the operation?? 

Edited by G-man99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, G-man99 said:

Update from this:

 

Had x-ray, ultrasound and MRI and now they've decided it will require surgery for the best chance for to continue lifting without major discomfort.

Will be getting the tendon from my wrist removed and grafted to my elbow tendon. The bicep will be stretched 3cm and reattached with an S hook and plate that will be drilled through the bone. It's a double incision operation for a partial distal bicep tendon tear 

 

@swole troll @Pscarb

Anyone else with any advice to assist in repair and recovery. 

BP 157 and/or TB 500 worthwhile after the operation?? 

i used MGF, BPC IM and subQ respectively 

i ran HGH at 3iu ED with a piggy back dose of ghrp 2 and mod GRF 100mcg of each 10 minutes prior to the GH and 10mg of MK pre bed

i used collagen supplementation and animal pack joint care 

i did a lot of things and some of which no doubt assisted and some probably not so much but i looked into everything i took and if there was a shread of evidence to suggest it would help and the cost was right then id buy it 

if it was more expensive then it needed more evidence to warrant the cost

my full breakdown of what i took and how i took it is in the thread ive linked below 

its worth noting that i heal in probably a third of what most pec rupture patients do (from complete rupture, surgery and back to bench pressing an empty bar again) 


 




i competed in a meet shortly after i was back benching

bear in mind they said i wouldnt be safely able to bench an empty bar in less than 6 months
i was back benching in under 3 months


and the advice i got in the meet i did was to (once able to) bench the empty bar for 1 set of 20 on monday, come in wednesday and bench the empty bar plus 2.5kg, friday add another 2.5kg and just keeping hitting those 1 set of 20 reps 


reason being is it improves mobility of the stiffened tendon and muscle and pumps blood into the area 

but this is jsut what I did and it was against doctors and physios orders all the way so its a gamble and if you do go off the doctors orders you are in uncharted waters as you are no longer sticking to safe time frames for recovery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, swole troll said:

i used MGF, BPC IM and subQ respectively 

i ran HGH at 3iu ED with a piggy back dose of ghrp 2 and mod GRF 100mcg of each 10 minutes prior to the GH and 10mg of MK pre bed

i used collagen supplementation and animal pack joint care 

i did a lot of things and some of which no doubt assisted and some probably not so much but i looked into everything i took and if there was a shread of evidence to suggest it would help and the cost was right then id buy it 

if it was more expensive then it needed more evidence to warrant the cost

my full breakdown of what i took and how i took it is in the thread ive linked below 

its worth noting that i heal in probably a third of what most pec rupture patients do (from complete rupture, surgery and back to bench pressing an empty bar again) 


 




i competed in a meet shortly after i was back benching

bear in mind they said i wouldnt be safely able to bench an empty bar in less than 6 months
i was back benching in under 3 months


and the advice i got in the meet i did was to (once able to) bench the empty bar for 1 set of 20 on monday, come in wednesday and bench the empty bar plus 2.5kg, friday add another 2.5kg and just keeping hitting those 1 set of 20 reps 


reason being is it improves mobility of the stiffened tendon and muscle and pumps blood into the area 

but this is jsut what I did and it was against doctors and physios orders all the way so its a gamble and if you do go off the doctors orders you are in uncharted waters as you are no longer sticking to safe time frames for recovery 

Really appreciate your time and advice mate. Currently using HGH 4iu EOD and 200mg test weekly. 

Will take a look into the others and make a decision what will work best for me. 

Did you discuss peptides etc with the surgeon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Really appreciate your time and advice mate. Currently using HGH 4iu EOD and 200mg test weekly. 

Will take a look into the others and make a decision what will work best for me. 

Did you discuss peptides etc with the surgeon? 

no i essentially let the surgeon handle the surgery and pain medication 

i did everything else myself

watched LOADS of content online and did a lot of reading 

i was off work for a good few months as my arm was in a sling and then when i had it out it was extremely stiff, weak and immobile so had plenty of time to research 

chris duffin tore his pec and did a video series on his recovery 

i cant remember who else as i ruptured it Jan 4th 2017 but there is a fair bit of info out there, lots of logs like mine documenting what they did

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, swole troll said:

no i essentially let the surgeon handle the surgery and pain medication 

i did everything else myself

watched LOADS of content online and did a lot of reading 

i was off work for a good few months as my arm was in a sling and then when i had it out it was extremely stiff, weak and immobile so had plenty of time to research 

chris duffin tore his pec and did a video series on his recovery 

i cant remember who else as i ruptured it Jan 4th 2017 but there is a fair bit of info out there, lots of logs like mine documenting what they did

 

Not read through the thread yet mate, but how long after surgery did you wait until you began with the peptides?

 

I know I'll be in a cast for 4 weeks so unable to get close to the injury I'm guessing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, G-man99 said:

Not read through the thread yet mate, but how long after surgery did you wait until you began with the peptides?

 

I know I'll be in a cast for 4 weeks so unable to get close to the injury I'm guessing 

I started gh, mod get, ghrp 2 and bpc immediately 

Pscarb has since said that bpc is systematic anyway so get on it asap 

The mgf I used much later in my recovery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@swole troll has nailed it really can't really add to what he has said.

he is correct all peptides that are injected are systematic including BPC now there might be an advantage in injecting in the area but no one needs to jab on the damaged bodypart, if it is your elbow then jab your bicep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2018 at 9:22 AM, Pscarb said:

@swole troll has nailed it really can't really add to what he has said.

he is correct all peptides that are injected are systematic including BPC now there might be an advantage in injecting in the area but no one needs to jab on the damaged bodypart, if it is your elbow then jab your bicep.

I'll be getting the distal bicep tendon grafted with one from my wrist and a plate and hook put through the ulna and then the bicep retracted back into its original position. I'll be in a cast for 4 weeks and then recovery afterwards. 

Would it be fine to use BPC IM in the delt as I'm guessing that will be the closest I'll get to the injury initially? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×