50 Y.O dies after 44 day DNP cycle - only lost 4 kgs!

Possibly BS - but something not quite right here...or is it? 

http://www.ergo-log.com/safe-dnp-cycle-fatal-outcome.html

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00414-016-1378-4

'Safe' DNP cycle, fatal outcome

A 50-year-old German man, who wanted to lose some pounds, bought DNP on the internet. Only ignorants think that DNP is dangerous, he was told. If you know what you are doing, the kilos will fly off - no risks involved. If you only use a well-thought-out cycle schedule. And that's exactly what this man did. It cost him his life.

The case

After 44 days, the man, a reasonably healthy 112-pound obese individual, suffered from nausea and dizziness. He perspired violently and vomited a yellow liquid. When it became clear that the symptoms did not pass, his wife called an ambulance, but it was of no avail. The man died in the hospital. There was nothing the doctors could do.

During the autopsy, researchers from Rostock University Medical Center discovered that the palms of the deceased's hands and soles were discolored yellow. That is a sign of DNP poisoning. The deceased had not mentioned using DNP before his death.

The cycle
Police officers who examined the deceased man's house found the man's schedule, including a report of his weight loss progress. The man had used DNP for a total of 44 days. In between, the man had also inserted 3 periods of 4-6 days, in which he did not use DNP.

The deceased had lost 4 kg of body weight. For this modest result had had paid with his life.

The doses that the man had taken varied from 200 to 600 milligrams of DNP per day.

"In the present case the deceased notes reporting a DNP uptake of 200 to 600 mg is neither strikingly high nor low compared to other single dosages described in the literature", the researchers wrote. "However, the ingestion period of 44 days is considered to be relatively long, even when taking the individual breaks into account. Therefore, it is obvious that not a single dose, but primarily the accumulation of DNP was pivotal for the man's death."

"The half-life period of DNP is about 6 days. The time of death of the present case, where the deceased took 200 mg after a 3-day pause, is most likely caused by the cumulative nature of DNP."

"Apparently, the man followed an intake prescription and tried to counteract the accumulation via intermittent breaks. The fact that the man died despite treatment-free periods underlines that DNP has a narrow 'therapeutic range' and that recommendations published online are not reliable."

The product
You see the DNP that the man had used below. The product was from Northern Ireland.

Conclusion

"After the drug approval of DNP-containing pharmaceuticals has been withdrawn in 1938 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the number of lethal DNP intoxications became very rare", the researchers concluded. "Within the last years, the Internet has become a black market for trading DNP as a diet aid, resulting in an increase of fatal intoxications since 2002."

"The suspicion of a DNP poisoning can be raised from the medical history, clinical symptoms, or a yellow discoloration of the skin."

"The narrow 'therapeutic range' and the accumulation of DNP in the organism significantly increase the mortality risk. After the onset of poisoning symptoms, the fatality rate is high. There is neither an antidote nor a definition of a lowest lethal dose."

Source:
Int J Legal Med. 2016 Sep;130(5):1237-41.

The capsules may have even been overdosed? Has any research been done on how much contents the capsules actually contained? 

I think this is the first article I've read where someone has died from such a reasonable dose. It just doesn't seem to add up when you see the amount of people who run it between these doses and are fine. 

44 days in quite a while though. I wouldn't run anymore the 14 days with atleast another 14 day break in between another 14 day stint. He had a total of a 10 day break over 44 days. He didn't even give his body enough time to let the DNP clear his system before taking more again. 

Maybe that was the reason? 

It all just sounds rather odd. 

2 minutes ago, FelonE said:

Why are people taking this sh1t?

Risking lives cos they're fvcking scared of putting in the work

No sympathy

Nobody deserves to die for wanting faster results, his doses "stated" werent exactly high, no need for comments like that to be honest

3 minutes ago, S123 said:

Nobody deserves to die for wanting faster results, his doses "stated" werent exactly high, no need for comments like that to be honest

No fvcks given

This is what happens when uneducated people take stuff they don't know about

Gives stuff a bad name

2 minutes ago, FelonE said:

No fvcks given

Gives stuff a bad name

So if you were to die from steroids and someone were to say sucks to be him he knows nothing about them.. do you not think that's just scummy

Just now, S123 said:

So if you were to die from steroids and someone were to say sucks to be him he knows nothing about them.. do you not think that's just scummy

If I didn't know and just took some sh1t...........then I deserved it. Not saying he deserved but.........that's what happens when people fvck with sh1t they know nothing about.

I trained 2.5yrs naturally and researched steroids etc the whole time before I took an educated plunge.

I couldn't give a fvck what people say about me

Just now, FelonE said:

If I didn't know and just took some sh1t...........then I deserved it. Not saying he deserved but.........that's what happens when people fvck with sh1t they know nothing about.

I trained 2.5yrs naturally and researched steroids etc the whole time before I took an educated plunge.

I couldn't give a fvck what people say about me

I skimmed the article but if someone is only taking 200mg-600mg, obviously he's done some research to know the 200mg range is safe, 600mg is pushing it, But come on mate it's not like hes bashed in 12 tablets in one go like the girl who died taking it....

Just now, S123 said:

I skimmed the article but if someone is only taking 200mg-600mg, obviously he's done some research to know the 200mg range is safe, 600mg is pushing it, But come on mate it's not like hes bashed in 12 tablets in one go like the girl who died taking it....

There's a reason I haven't touched it.........people are dying taking it.

If you take something knowing that might happen.........you've made your choice. 

I smoke.......if I get lung cancer.......I've made my choice.........my fault

We're adults and accept the risk for the choices we make.....live or die.

Just now, FelonE said:

There's a reason I haven't touched it.........people are dying taking it.

If you take something knowing that might happen.........you've made your choice. 

I smoke.......if I get lung cancer.......I've made my choice.........my fault

We're adults and accept the risk for the choices we make.....live or die.

Lol

33 minutes ago, FelonE said:

Why are people taking this sh1t?

Risking lives cos they're fvcking scared of putting in the work

No sympathy

25 minutes ago, FelonE said:

No fvcks given

Gives stuff a bad name

Scared of putting in the work, uneducated, you know a lot about this guy or are you just making assumptions?

Rather than being so presumptious you may want to slap down the pr1cks that are selling it when they indeed know that the next person they sell to may lose their life, now who do you blame?

2 minutes ago, stargazer said:

Scared of putting in the work, uneducated, you know a lot about this guy or are you just making assumptions?

Rather than being so presumptious you may want to slap down the pr1cks that are selling it when they indeed know that the next person they sell to may lose their life, now who do you blame?

I blame the people that take it........just because it's sold doesn't mean people have to take it,they choose too.

35 minutes ago, S123 said:

The guy who sold it him gave him the schedule..... Zero research done. 

If the capsules were dosed as they should be then it's really bad luck, or even if he was sensitive to it but if they were overdosed even more bad luck, these things just have bad luck written all over them, why try your luck for a bit of fast weight loss, really not worth it !

53 minutes ago, S123 said:

I fear the point of this thread may be getting lost, which is that supposedly 'safe' doses appear to have killed the guy in question, and so should be making people question whether there really is such a thing as a 'safe' dose.

1 minute ago, Ultrasonic said:

I fear the point of this thread may be getting lost, which is that supposedly 'safe' doses appear to have killed the guy in question, and so should be making people question whether there really is such a thing as a 'safe' dose.

Agree with you pal.

In the report it says he goes upto 600mg which in my eyes in a high dose.

I would say a sensible (not safe, as nothing is safe) dose would be 200mg. Don't see the need for anyone to go above 200mg.

I've done 200mg for 14 days and lost a good 3-4% BF.

Just now, Matt6210 said:

Take a boatload of headache tablets will kill you, doesn’t mean you don’t take them at all.

If you know taking loads might kill you..........and you do..........and they kill you............you've done it to yourself