Sign in to follow this  

Larry Wheels - 225lb dumbbells.

Mental. A 100KG barbell press is considered to be impressive by most people. Nevermind 100KG in each hand and having to stabilise it throughout. In my experience, the size of the DB’s starts to interfere with the movement when you start getting above the 100lb’ers, God knows what they must feel like. 

injury will be what takes young Laurence out the game 

Jesse Norris thought he had it sussed with the 'lighter' heavy weight for higher reps and a few of his disks started to bulge in the end

you only got so many heavy reps in you

talking PL of course, all this fluff n pump bb s**t can go on forever 

59 minutes ago, swole troll said:

injury will be what takes young Laurence out the game 

Jesse Norris thought he had it sussed with the 'lighter' heavy weight for higher reps and a few of his disks started to bulge in the end

you only got so many heavy reps in you

talking PL of course, all this fluff n pump bb s**t can go on forever 

This. My last lay off (not including this one as I'm an injury prone pr**k right now) was the one that set me straight. We all have this "heavier is better" mentality.

Took 3 months off to completely heal. And will never ever push truly heavy weights again. Feel so much better. All joints are back to normal now. Like when I was a teenager.

Never going to have 100s of KGs on a squat bar again. Just ruins you.

More reps. More intensity.

I like being able to move without pain.

Most I ever did was 130lb dumbbells. The 150s looked like circus dumbbells. I couldn't imagine going over 140s lol. 225s are unbelievable. Great work by Larry. I watched a video of him and he did the Captain crush level 3 grip strength grips too. Guy's a monster. Starts at 2mins 12secs.

14 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

Most I ever did was 130lb dumbbells. The 150s looked like circus dumbbells. I couldn't imagine going over 140s lol. 225s are unbelievable. Great work by Larry. I watched a video of him and he did the Captain crush level 3 grip strength grips too. Guy's a monster. Starts at 2mins 12secs.

Those captain of crush grippers go right up to no.4. If he can just barely close the 3 it just shows how hard the 4 must be. I have a no.2 and I can just barely close it on a really good day. Most days I can only close it about half way. 

2 hours ago, Dutch75 said:

Those captain of crush grippers go right up to no.4. If he can just barely close the 3 it just shows how hard the 4 must be. I have a no.2 and I can just barely close it on a really good day. Most days I can only close it about half way. 

theres this whole weird grip community 

i know because i looked up the 4's to see if anyone shut them and found a few videos by a guy called joe kinny who is (or was at the time) the only person to close the 4's by official rules 

they even made a fu**ing dvd about this s**t! 

and i remember in one of the YT vids a guy commented "the grip world will never be the same again" 

'the grip world'....

DzsvrjQ.jpg

EDIT - ffs even read the comments on the video i linked above

There was a guy on here, think his name was Bronson who was big into grip stuff, I think he made and sold equipment for it. 

I find my grip to be fairly decent when I do deadlifts and pull ups(weighted) but my forearms get to a point that I can’t fit in motorbike jackets. I never do direct forearm work due to this. 

I actually have some captains of crush grips but I don’t recall what numbers they are but after a warm up I can close them although if I don’t warm up, my hands will be very sore. I don’t think I’ve used them for a few years. 

I got my grippers years ago but only use them every now and then as if I use them too regularly i find they start irritating the tendons around the forearm and elbow.

21 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

There was a guy on here, think his name was Bronson who was big into grip stuff, I think he made and sold equipment for it. 

I find my grip to be fairly decent when I do deadlifts and pull ups(weighted) but my forearms get to a point that I can’t fit in motorbike jackets. I never do direct forearm work due to this. 

I actually have some captains of crush grips but I don’t recall what numbers they are but after a warm up I can close them although if I don’t warm up, my hands will be very sore. I don’t think I’ve used them for a few years. 

A couple of years ago I was talking to an old fella in the gym and he pulled a few sets of those Captain of Crush  grips out of his bag and asked if I’d used them. I thought they were just like those crappy ones you used to get years ago that you could squeeze all day I told him I didn’t think they were much use, looked a right tit when I couldn’t budge them.

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

theres this whole weird grip community 

i know because i looked up the 4's to see if anyone shut them and found a few videos by a guy called joe kinny who is (or was at the time) the only person to close the 4's by official rules 

they even made a fu**ing dvd about this s**t! 

and i remember in one of the YT vids a guy commented "the grip world will never be the same again" 

'the grip world'....

DzsvrjQ.jpg

EDIT - ffs even read the comments on the video i linked above

Imagine a firm handshake off this Kinny guy, you'd never be able to wipe your arse again haha.