Teenager 'attacked' for deadlifting too loudly in the gym

Worst thing is, the f**got that was having a go at him for deadlifting was wearing a fu**ing belt...

Shame this wasn't in England somewhere, otherwise we'd have to get a bunch of the big lifters of UKM together and travel there one day and have a nice little deadlifting party :whistling:

1 minute ago, nWo said:

Worst thing is, the f**got that was having a go at him for deadlifting was wearing a fu**ing belt...

He was probably deadlifting quietly in the corner before this happened 

8 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

Just watched video - that's horrendous. Wider issues asside standing on the bar mid rep like that could have caused a serious injury.

Got to agree. If you don't plant your foot properly it's so easy to sprain an ankle or even stub a toe.

11 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Got to agree. If you don't plant your foot properly it's so easy to sprain an ankle or even stub a toe.

Could have been even worse, if they guy was strong enough to power through while his foot was on the bar he could have fell backwards and broken his tail bone.

41 minutes ago, SG83 said:

wow.
both are idiots: the young one deadlifts too heavily as he has no control over the weight (clearly putting it down is too bloody hard- and he also ruins the mats). I don't think i have to elaborate why the other guy is- as they are in Quebec- le twatte

I tried to find ways to reply to your post but I suddenly became autistic just by reading it. 

47 minutes ago, nWo said:

Shame this wasn't in England somewhere, otherwise we'd have to get a bunch of the big lifters of UKM together and travel there one day and have a nice little deadlifting party :whistling:

Don't be stupid, none of us actually lift :lol:

1 hour ago, SG83 said:

wow.
both are idiots: the young one deadlifts too heavily as he has no control over the weight (clearly putting it down is too bloody hard- and he also ruins the mats). I don't think i have to elaborate why the other guy is- as they are in Quebec- le twatte

I thought his lifting was decent. 

If you can lift it easily there's no point. I take it your into crossfit?

For those wondering, its at a place called buzz gym in Montreal, seems there's a chain of them. Twitter feed, says there the friendliest gym chain in Quebec.

Also says on their twitter, they are investigating an incident between two members, after a lot of people posted that video on their twitter.

2 hours ago, lewdylewd said:

I thought his lifting was decent. 

If you can lift it easily there's no point. I take it your into crossfit?

Aye, it was decent. Apart from losing control on the end of the movement. And the fact he stood in socks (good) on the mat (why?!). But, in overall, not bad. I have seen far worse (so did you I bet).
And I don't exactly agree about "there is no point if you can lift it easily(-ish)". I much more prefer doing sets of few reps with lower weight (but still sane) than doing a couple of lifts with greater weight. And no, I'm not into the crossfit- if anything it's the гиревой спорт tickles my tackle more. That and wrestling.

6 minutes ago, SG83 said:

Aye, it was decent. Apart from losing control on the end of the movement. And the fact he stood in socks (good) on the mat (why?!). But, in overall, not bad. I have seen far worse (so did you I bet).
And I don't exactly agree about "there is no point if you can lift it easily(-ish)". I much more prefer doing sets of few reps with lower weight (but still sane) than doing a couple of lifts with greater weight. And no, I'm not into the crossfit- if anything it's the гиревой спорт tickles my tackle more. That and wrestling.

1)You know there is something called powerlifting? Kid has been trained by Pete rubish, a powerlifter, so I'm guessing he is training for competing in powerlifting. His program maybe calls for a peaking phase where intensity is high and volume low

2)No one lowers weights slow and controlled in powerlifting competition.. 

3)The mats are there cause the gym staff told him to use mats to make less noise. 

25 minutes ago, EdinDeadlift said:

1)You know there is something called powerlifting? Kid has been trained by Pete rubish, a powerlifter, so I'm guessing he is training for competing in powerlifting. His program maybe calls for a peaking phase where intensity is high and volume low

2)No one lowers weights slow and controlled in powerlifting competition.. 

3)The mats are there cause the gym staff told him to use mats to make less noise. 

Ay up detective sandy vagina is back on 

13 hours ago, FelonE said:

If I'm getting chucked out like that I'm knocking him out first 

I'm knocking him out for even thinking about doing that. Never would have got to the point where he put hands on me. c**t.

I do, however dislike people dropping the bar when deadlifting. But it's a gym. That's my issue.

This douche needs a beating.

15 hours ago, Denied said:

For those wondering, its at a place called buzz gym in Montreal, seems there's a chain of them. Twitter feed, says there the friendliest gym chain in Quebec.

Also says on their twitter, they are investigating an incident between two members, after a lot of people posted that video on their twitter.

Sounds like a planet fitness type place. The guy that assaulted him is clearly a pr**k but why would you even bother deadlifting in a place like that instead of going to a proper bodybuilding/powerlifting type gym. Time and a place for everything.

8 minutes ago, Huntingground said:

Just read this again, just wound me up again, would happily travel anywhere in England to this gym to deadlift reps at 260 slamming bar down. Pity this gym is in Canada FFS.

If I was the gym owner I'd be considering holding a proper deadlifting competition to try to get some positive publicity out of this.

1 hour ago, Dutch75 said:

Sounds like a planet fitness type place. The guy that assaulted him is clearly a pr**k but why would you even bother deadlifting in a place like that instead of going to a proper bodybuilding/powerlifting type gym. Time and a place for everything.

I assumed they were going after that sort of crowd but from what I can see of the gym, it looks a bit like an old school lifting gym and why would you provide an olly bar and plates, if you don't want people doing deads.

My other thought, is how annoying can one person actually be. Guy must deadlift, 3 times a week max, for around 30 reps a session, some people must have a short fuse.

5 hours ago, tiny76 said:

I can't lie I would have happily done time inside for that pr**k. Knocking f**k out of him would have been the best cardio session I'd of had in years

id do another month in the loony bin and  say thought he was trying to touch me up the f**got so me ptsd acted up which is why I smashed his head into the wall  . Thing is I bet he chooses his targets with care to get all hard with . Some young lad is about his level. 

6 hours ago, Huntingground said:

Just read this again, just wound me up again, would happily travel anywhere in England to this gym to deadlift reps at 260 slamming bar down. Pity this gym is in Canada FFS.

I’m off to Canada in October. :thumbup1: