Roidrage90

Anyone else starting to dislike being part of the "fitness community "

53 minutes ago, Roidrage90 said:

I dont really care what these kinds of people get upto in the gym most of you have misunderstood me. I just dont want to fall into the same category as these fuckwits by the general public. 

I'm not really sure what section of the general public might do this? Only people who go to gyms are likely to know about the group that bother you I'd have thought, and if I'm remembering what you look like correctly you're not going to be mistaken for a clueless beginner.

For the general population with no interest in gyms or training I think DLTBB got it right, in terms of most likely having a negative view of you for your size and assumed steroid use.

I am of the idea that there should be more gyms, more gym goers and I'm happy to see more people getting in shape, healthier, stronger, and faster.. That builds a better nation and a better species And we definitely need it more now. 

Everyone saying don't let it bother you clearly have asshoke free gyms.

I wear headphones. Get in. Get it done. Leave.

But even with that, the amount of irritation and aggravation is too much sometimes. People being assholes. Making a mess. Causing a disruption. Getting in the way. Just all round annoying.

Had to make a guy delete a video from his phone as he was filming his mate standing next to me while I was lifting. Filmed me too the whole time.

Many such things. No gym etiquette. No common courtesy.

Yeah, it's annoying.

A lot of skinny fat red faced juiced up jack assess.

But it is what it is.

3 hours ago, boutye911 said:

Don’t know why it would bother you to be honest. Go to the gym, train and go home. You don’t have to associate with people who go to the gym. 

Lmao this.

If you give a f**k about what anyone else does except yourself and family/close relationships, you're an idiot.

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

Lmao this.

If you give a f**k about what anyone else does except yourself and family/close relationships, you're an idiot.

In regards to the gym or in general, just thinking about the last few hours. Drove to the metro centre, some c**t tailgated me the entire way there, stood in the queue for the cinema with my 5 year old, couple of lads behind us were swearing at the top of there voices. Sat in the cinema, old couple behind were talking throughout the film. Drove home, car in front, driver threw his Mcds bag out the window. Everyone single one of them annoyed the f**k out of me. Could just be me but people in general wind me up. Need to get on this zen s**t and try not to let s**t annoy me but at 37 year old can’t see it happening.

12 minutes ago, MR RIGSBY said:

In regards to the gym or in general, just thinking about the last few hours. Drove to the metro centre, some c**t tailgated me the entire way there, stood in the queue for the cinema with my 5 year old, couple of lads behind us were swearing at the top of there voices. Sat in the cinema, old couple behind were talking throughout the film. Drove home, car in front, driver threw his Mcds bag out the window. Everyone single one of them annoyed the f**k out of me. Could just be me but people in general wind me up. Need to get on this zen s**t and try not to let s**t annoy me but at 37 year old can’t see it happening.

The only thing that should even have taken 10 seconds of your attention was telling the teens not to swear around your child (I don't have children but would like to think this would bother me).

All the other things...chill out man :lol:,  none of them effect you in the slightest (could have just moved in cinema or asked them to stop), but nothing to get arsy about!

39 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

I know what you mean, many years ago you were considered a bit odd going to the gym and lifting weights, now it's the norm, I wish they would all just fcuk off.

Don't worry, you're still seen as odd:whistling:

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

The only thing that should even have taken 10 seconds of your attention was telling the teens not to swear around your child (I don't have children but would like to think this would bother me).

All the other things...chill out man :lol:,  none of them effect you in the slightest (could have just moved in cinema or asked them to stop), but nothing to get arsy about!

To be fair, that was the only one where I did say something, and to give the 2 lads credit they apologised and piped down. 

I actually agree with you, I do need to chill out about things, my missus is always telling me to ignore stuff or calm down. Will be the first to admit I get wound up far too easy, but like I say can’t see it changing even if I wanted to.

2 minutes ago, MR RIGSBY said:

To be fair, that was the only one where I did say something, and to give the 2 lads credit they apologised and piped down. 

I actually agree with you, I do need to chill out about things, my missus is always telling me to ignore stuff or calm down. Will be the first to admit I get wound up far too easy, but like I say can’t see it changing even if I wanted to.

All mindset buddy.

After having a super stressful period in life which led to serious debilatting tension headaches at 23 (which are now 99% gone), I literally stress about nothing.

The best way is if you can't change it, no point even thinking or stressing about it.

If you can change it, and you're stressing, do whatever action will relieve that stress.

youll find most situations the first and you'll start to let 95% of life's issues not even bother you. :) 

27 minutes ago, Devil said:

All mindset buddy.

After having a super stressful period in life which led to serious debilatting tension headaches at 23 (which are now 99% gone), I literally stress about nothing.

The best way is if you can't change it, no point even thinking or stressing about it.

If you can change it, and you're stressing, do whatever action will relieve that stress.

youll find most situations the first and you'll start to let 95% of life's issues not even bother you. :) 

And if all else fails, bash one out into the sink.

17 minutes ago, Garage Dweller said:

And if all else fails, bash one out into the sink.

Bash one out in the sink after you've bashed one out on the loo.

7 hours ago, MR RIGSBY said:

All of those would annoy me to be fair.

7 hours ago, MR RIGSBY said:

I'm the same. I get annoyed far too easily but starting to realise there's no point.

It's harder when I'm blasting but cruising atm and stress levels are down and way less headaches and migraines. :thumbup1:

10 hours ago, MR RIGSBY said:

100% mate, he has a YouTube channel and Instagram account, thinks he’s special (he ain’t). Had a tripod set up last week.

Yep, this happens, there's a 'powerlifting couple' who bring a tripod an camera in in the chain gym I go when independents shut, 

There's a shredded foreign guy who's juiced '2-da-max' an struts round like he's the bollocks, then benches 20 either end of the bar, then his misses spots him with every rep while he makes it look heavy, Pritty good set of upright rows by her though.

Certainly doesn't wind me up though, nice bit of entertainment before I crush the arse of another set... :D