Kazza61

National Service

9 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

South Korea have had it for years and France are about to reintroduce it. Should we? I would say yes, it would be good to teach the youth of today what it means to be British and what this country expects of them.

So basically the elites want more mouth breathing morons to use as cannon fodder for wars?

Only the rich and and the military industrial complex benefit from war, the naivety of the poor is astounding.

11 minutes ago, jjtreml said:

So basically the elites want more mouth breathing morons to use as cannon fodder for wars?

Only the rich and and the military industrial complex benefit from war, the naivety of the poor is astounding.

Slight over-reaction (and a bit wide of the mark). The French model is about teaching people to be good citizens and their ‘service’ is mainly made up of civic duty placements. 

17 minutes ago, dazzaturbomad said:

Yes it should be mandatory to make the lazy ungrateful youth of today proud of there country and give them some life skills.but the do gooders would interfere as always and fuk it all up.

Maybe we should just have schools that teach life skills rather than soft touch, everyone is equal bullshit.

You don’t need to be shot at to be a good person.

6 minutes ago, DappaDonDave said:

Maybe we should just have schools that teach life skills rather than soft touch, everyone is equal bullshit.

Or just get rid of this child worship shite, where parents do nothing when their 6 yrs old kid behave like a fu**ing chimpanzee when brought to restaurant, supermarket, and public places.

Make them work in shitty minimum wage jobs like subway, McDonald's etc to teach them to be humble and don't become that spoiled 30yrs old c**t that complains about the number of pickles in his sandwich and demand to "speak to the manager".. And the list goes on and on. But yes national service won't be a bad idea 

9 minutes ago, DappaDonDave said:

Not about being shot it's about teaching respect and common sense.team work etc.i was a member of the air training corps before I left school.taught me alot of skills wich I still use today.if I was chucked in the middle of nowhere I'd survive it's ingrained in me

Lmao I can tell you're over 35 if not 50.

Fvck that s**t, im not being a pawn in a political warfare for "my country".  I care about my own country as much as I do any other to be honest, having been lucky enough to travel a lot of the world.

I'll live my life day by day as I please - it's my choice and nothing can/will/should change that. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Lmao I can tell you're over 35 if not 50.

Fvck that s**t, im not being a pawn in a political warfare for my "country".

I'll live my life day by day as I please - it's my choice and nothing can/will/should change that. 

You'll do as you're told you chopsy little c**t, now FALL IN!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Gary29 said:

You'll do as you're told you chopsy little c**t, now FALL IN!!!!!

Exactly. I'll certainly learn to be a well-rounded intelligent and fair member of society listening to that...

Not some up tight nostalgic heroic idiot who blindly follows orders from anyone given any sort of authority for "my country" and Just another worker ant to live and die,  just want those in power would love, keeps the world spinning nicely :) 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Exactly. I'll certainly learn to be a well-rounded intelligent and fair member of society listening to that...

Not some up tight nostalgic heroic idiot who blindly follows orders from anyone given any sort of authority for "my country",  just want those in power would love :) 

Anarchist? 

National Service in France isn't just about joining the military as it was in the UK, it is also about volunteering with charities, doing social care, etc. and just giving up a small amount of your life to put something back into the community and I don't think this can ever be seen as a bad thing.

The government are a corrupt bunch of cu**s only interested in their corporate and elite chums profits. Why the f**k should my child be forced to be a part of that and groomed into more indoctrination than they already are. Send your kids, leave mine to lead a free life please. Anyone that needs a military style camp to tech your kids to not be a c**t, is a fu**ing failure of a parent. 

What it means to be British? It means bend over and take what they give you thes days. Patriotism and nationalism is stupid. 

Just now, DaPump said:

Thing is you’ll be teaching the scummy moped rats military training and we don’t want em knowing that...

“Hey you disobedient little c**t of a human, here is a gun” fu**ing retards :lol:

1 hour ago, Lancestrong said:

“Hey you disobedient little c**t of a human, here is a gun” fu**ing retards :lol:

They already tried to use the rats in the YOI and it failed miserably in the 80s...

So with an unemployment rate of 4,1% and youth unemployment rate of 11,9%, both declining, you want to remove a significant portion of working population and feed them on government money while they can do nothing constructive just so you can indoctrinate them to vote for tories?

And who will then pick apples for Angela Leadsom?

National service is obsolete because large standing armies are obsolete. Military superiority is maintained with money and high end technology. For both you need a strong economy.

11 hours ago, EdinDeadlift said:

Make them work in shitty minimum wage jobs like subway, McDonald's etc 

That's the future for most kids of today anyway.

Sounds like a terrible idea tbh, the politicos just want slave labour (they would have slaves if they could) and getting youths to "volunteer" in charity roles saves them having to actually spend money on these services.

12 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

South Korea have had it for years and France are about to reintroduce it. Should we? I would say yes, it would be good to teach the youth of today what it means to be British and what this country expects of them.

Have you been or are in the forces? 

It's bad enough the lads who joined of free will,  ain't nobody proud to do it. Half the lads who I joined up with were gone after minimum service. Majority don't wanna be there,  so imagine putting the lads who don't have what it takes or care to want to be in into a war zone for instance. I wouldn't want them as my oppo.

I was RM and left because it's just not what you expect at all. 

45 minutes ago, Toranator said:

Have you been or are in the forces? 

It's bad enough the lads who joined of free will,  ain't nobody proud to do it. Half the lads who I joined up with were gone after minimum service. Majority don't wanna be there,  so imagine putting the lads who don't have what it takes or care to want to be in into a war zone for instance. I wouldn't want them as my oppo.

I was RM and left because it's just not what you expect at all. 

The French approach is very different to military service. 

6 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

The French approach is very different to military service. 

Probably so mate but it wouldn't work here I don't think I wouldn't want it either. 

6 minutes ago, Toranator said:

Probably so mate but it wouldn't work here I don't think I wouldn't want it either. 

Depends how it was set up. I would be in favour and I think the French scheme sounds very good and would be acceptable to most. That said, I'd also be in favour of a more forces based model like South Korea - seems to work really well for them. Would be a hard sell here though. 

1 minute ago, Plate1 said:

Most kids today would top themselves being put in that environment.

That is probably true . 

We have it in Greece and there have been suicides and even more kids threatening to kill themselves . 

Things are not even as strict as they used to be 

x