UK2USA

Feels Like a Kick in the Balls.

As a lot of you know, three years ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. It started in a tonsil and spread to my lymph system. I had chemo and radiation therapies, lost over 60 pounds and looked like death. I aged years in literally months. My Oncologist said that three years is the magic number, if your original cancer doesn't come back, and you don't get a new one caused by the chemo and radiation (both carcinogenic), then you're golden.

Fast forward exactly three years to two weeks ago when I noticed a lump on the.left side of my neck, high up under the top of the jaw bone, and below the ear. Went to see my ENT doc, who diagnosed my original cancer, and he said he was "concerned" about the mass and told me to get a full-bidy PET scan done. When I told him I didn't have insurance coverage until July, he told me even if I had to lay for it, I should, and that I should do it "sooner rather than later." I have a scan scheduled for this Wednesday (27th), for 900 bucks.

I did some research and it sounds like I have cancer of the parotid saliva gland, which is located exactly where the lump is. It seems it's common in older people, especially when they have had a previous cancer and radiation - me. There are two types, slow developing and fast developing, and if you have to get it, well, obviously the slow one is better, less chance of it spreading quickly to other parts of the body.

I think my ENT Doc knew what it was but didn't want to spook me until we know for sure. I will get the scan on Wednesday and hopefully get the results on Friday. 

Cancer sucks, it is a debilitating, life stealing fcuker, and this news is like a kick in the balls.

11 minutes ago, UK2USA said:

As a lot of you know, three years ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. It started in a tonsil and spread to my lymph system. I had chemo and radiation therapies, lost over 60 pounds and looked like death. I aged years in literally months. My Oncologist said that three years is the magic number, if your original cancer doesn't come back, and you don't get a new one caused by the chemo and radiation (both carcinogenic), then you're golden.

Fast forward exactly three years to two weeks ago when I noticed a lump on the.left side of my neck, high up under the top of the jaw bone, and below the ear. Went to see my ENT doc, who diagnosed my original cancer, and he said he was "concerned" about the mass and told me to get a full-bidy PET scan done. When I told him I didn't have insurance coverage until July, he told me even if I had to lay for it, I should, and that I should do it "sooner rather than later." I have a scan scheduled for this Wednesday (27th), for 900 bucks.

I did some research and it sounds like I have cancer of the parotid saliva gland, which is located exactly where the lump is. It seems it's common in older people, especially when they have had a previous cancer and radiation - me. There are two types, slow developing and fast developing, and if you have to get it, well, obviously the slow one is better, less chance of it spreading quickly to other parts of the body.

I think my ENT Doc knew what it was but didn't want to spook me until we know for sure. I will get the scan on Wednesday and hopefully get the results on Friday. 

Cancer sucks, it is a debilitating, life stealing fcuker, and this news is like a kick in the balls.

I feel for you bud I really do. Wishing you the best of luck. I've had to go through the pain and strain and head fuuck of cancer with my daughter. I kinda know how it feels I know it's difficult but try to stay Strong you've beat it before you can do it again. Fuuck cancer :rage:

50 minutes ago, babyarm said:

I feel for you bud I really do. Wishing you the best of luck. I've had to go through the pain and strain and head fuuck of cancer with my daughter. I kinda know how it feels I know it's difficult but try to stay Strong you've beat it before you can do it again. Fuuck cancer :rage:

Thank you, im so sorry to hear about your daughter mate, i hope she is doing good now, any illness seems to be worse when it involes kids. It's my kids I worry the most about now, they were basically 1 and 3 the first time around, now they are 4 and 6 and so much more aware than before, gotta keep them isolated from it. If it is cancer I need to beat it to be with them.

1 hour ago, anna1 said:

I’m so sorry to hear that honey ! 

I thought there was something wrong lately . 

I can’t imagine what it must feel like but you’re a fighter 

My thoughts are with you and your family 

x

Thank you. God willing it will be something else, we will know in a week.

Sending you and yours love and strength bud. 

Really hoping it's just an infection or something else, from a quick Google search it's not 100% that it's cancer just yet, so keep positive, cross the next bridge if it comes. 

'Small steps' 

Sparks 

i know is easier said than done but stay positive be strong my friend. Two in my family had cancer, niece and grandad... I can imagine what’s going through your head and life.

you got this... You’re a warrior.

God bless you.

s**t chap.... sorry to hear and hope it comes back as non cancerous.

My dad lost his battle with cancer early May and it was horrible watching him go from a healthy man fully able to bed ridden and couldn't eat or drink In a matter of 2 months. Hated visiting him in hospital to hear and see him in pain and even look at me with a blank look as he didn't recognise me at times.

Awful and dirty disease.

Fingers crossed mate hope it turns out to be nothing but if it is that bastard cancer again I'm sure you can beat it again. I won't say try not to worry as I know that's immpossible but obviously get the scan soon as piss so at least you know one way or the other what the next step is.. best wishes to you and your family 

Try to keep off the Internet and 'researching' your symptoms as you can research pretty much anything online and the word cancer is always mentioned in the results. I had a swelling behind one of my ears a couple of years ago and searched the Internet and some of the results also mentioned cancer. It turned out to be a swollen gland and disappeared within a week so was nothing to worry about.

Good luck and hopefully the scan results won't be as bad as you think.

Post cancer is like being stuck on the worst roller coaster ride you can image and there's no option to get off. I know your pain my friend and hope only for the best for you. For me, the only thing that helps is to look for the humour and comedy in every situation. I had head and neck cancer in my tongue last year and I was absolutely determined to get it licked..... 

8 hours ago, UK2USA said:

I don't know what to say in these situations. Really sorry to hear this. Cancer is a fu**ing asshole