gamingcrook

best time to do cardio

when would cardio be best to do, i always find if i do it pre lifting it tired me out and then i don't have enough energy for my lifts. I read something somewhere about cardio after lifting could divert the blood flow away from muscles blah blah, i just want to try and lose some belly fat, would doing cardio on my days off be sufficient and if so what kind of cardio and how long? help :)

36 minutes ago, gamingcrook said:

i just want to try and lose some belly fat, would doing cardio on my days off be sufficient and if so what kind of cardio and how long?

Not unless you do a lot of cardio. You need to reduce the calories you eat too, and most would achieve the majority of the required calorie deficit from cutting calories, although to a large extent this is personal preference.

i did indeed cut some calories, look alot less bloated now but feel i should add some cardio in, i will try it on my off days , doesnt help some f**k stole my bike, which i found enjoyable :D

I add 20 mins after every weight sesh for heart/circulation/BP/general health

I just do a fast paced walk on an incline treadmill mostly but switch it up with stair master and x trainer.

5 to 6 days a week

18 minutes ago, Frost_uk said:

I add 20 mins after every weight sesh for heart/circulation/BP/general health

I just do a fast paced walk on an incline treadmill mostly but switch it up with stair master and x trainer.

5 to 6 days a week

Nice bump mate!! Lol.

Don't know what cardio OP was doing  for it to affect lifts. I do 10 mins on cross trainer before deads and squats and get my heart rate up to 140bpm and that never affected my lifts.

OP must have done a tough mudder before training.

8 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Nice bump mate!! Lol.

Don't know what cardio OP was doing  for it to affect lifts. I do 10 mins on cross trainer before deads and squats and get my heart rate up to 140bpm and that never affected my lifts.

OP must have done a tough mudder before training.

Pmsl s**t!! I just saw June and thought it was this year lmao...

I hardly venture in this section and was just bored at work.

Prob yeah lol or too high intensity, I have a 20 min brisk walk to gym and up a hill for my warm up, then cardio after lifts keeping HR around 140-150 for 17-20 mins