Dutchguy_Asia

flu like symptoms at night

I have been cutting (so on a caloric deficit) and lost a lot of weight since half march around 10 kg. I have been working out 4 times a week and doing 7 days a week (not for the last week) loaded carries carrying 22 kg kettlebells one in each hand around 1500 meters in the morning. I do this as I hate cardio and don't dislike doing this and it seems to burn fat. At first i walk a long distance and that distance decreases more and more as i go on with my walk. I walk outside in Thailand in the morning so 28 degrees or more in the sun. I do supplement with salt / magnesium / potassium ect. 

However recently i found that my bench press was going down a bit, i mention bench as its the exercise i am most attuned to. I can do that close to failure always without actually failing. So i use bench as a measure of strength and how my body is responding to training stimuli. I have been at the same bench press weights for years sometimes when heavier I am a bit stronger sometimes a bit weaker but always around the same weight. I am not obsessed by its numbers i merely use it as an indication.

Recently i went down a bit in bench and felt more tired then normal, brain fog too made my work a bit harder. (I am not low carb but probably burn the carbs I eat). I make sure i get 1,5 grams of protein per kg of body weight I am on HRT dose of 250mg test per week from Bayer (so pharma grade). I take an anti estrogen for it always have. So this is not new. What is new is that I have had a few bad nights and bad days recently that had me sweating like crazy (i got an aircon at night at 23 degrees so can't be that its normal for me). Last night i kept waking up and peeing and i was again sweating had to change my clothes at night. This has happened a few times. 

Could this be an indication of over training (i mean those loaded carries are hard) plus I have been on a caloric deficit for quite a while so recovery is not always garanteed, I also feel more muscle soreness as before. Normally I would only feel that when I workout extra hard or change my program. I am still working out hard but no harder then normal. Now muscle soreness is more common.

I am just a bit worried as I don't want to destroy myself. Last Thursday I had the same dropped loaded carries for 4 days and did a normal workout last night and got the symptoms again. Anyone got some insight in this ?

Cut is going well getting leaner as before so I like to push it a bit more but on the other hand I don't want to go down in flames. Does anyone got some good advice for me. 

I think there are 2 options, i got something like a flu that only manifest after a hard training, or I am starting to over train.. i know its rare but not unheard of. Just want some advice or other insights of members. 

Did a cheat this weekend ate more (healthy) and got heavier probably from my muscles filling up again with glycogen and water (just to be on the safe side). Had not really done any cheating reloading of carbs during the months as I worried about stalling progress (i know not perfect but still)

47 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

Whatever the cause I'd try taking a deload training week and eat at approximately maintenance calories, ideally keeping carbs pretty high.

Deload as in going on with training but just lighter, for instance loaded carries only 3 rounds instead of 5 1/2 round and my normal gym routine at a lower weight say 70-80% of what I normally do ? 

7 minutes ago, Dutchguy_Asia said:

Deload as in going on with training but just lighter, for instance loaded carries only 3 rounds instead of 5 1/2 round and my normal gym routine at a lower weight say 70-80% of what I normally do ? 

Maybe half the sets at half the load. It shouldn't be demanding. 

1 hour ago, warsteiner said:

For a deload you can either do the same weght for fewer rounds or the same amount of rounds with 70% of the weight.

Missed this earlier and didn't mean to appear to contradict you. I was just taking a conservative approach to make sure the OP got a proper break, partly as I'm not sure what might be going on.

Deloading in general is a complex topic that I'm no expert on.

21 hours ago, Ultrasonic said:

Missed this earlier and didn't mean to appear to contradict you. I was just taking a conservative approach to make sure the OP got a proper break, partly as I'm not sure what might be going on.

Deloading in general is a complex topic that I'm no expert on.

np, everyone has their own way of deloading and there's no right way to do it so long as your body gets the required break.

Just now, warsteiner said:

np, everyone has their own way of deloading and there's no right way to do it so long as your body gets the required break.

FWIW I wouldn't generally suggest such a large reduction as I did above, it was just for the OP's particular situation.

Thanks guys, I have been taking it a bit more slow for a bit now, I also had no idea what is going on its quite random last night not a thing. I was just a bit worried because of the intensity that I have been training with and the caloric deficit. I normally never worry about stuff like this. 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:49 PM, Dutchguy_Asia said:

I have been cutting (so on a caloric deficit) and lost a lot of weight since half march around 10 kg. I have been working out 4 times a week and doing 7 days a week (not for the last week) loaded carries carrying 22 kg kettlebells one in each hand around 1500 meters in the morning. I do this as I hate cardio and don't dislike doing this and it seems to burn fat. At first i walk a long distance and that distance decreases more and more as i go on with my walk. I walk outside in Thailand in the morning so 28 degrees or more in the sun. I do supplement with salt / magnesium / potassium ect. 

However recently i found that my bench press was going down a bit, i mention bench as its the exercise i am most attuned to. I can do that close to failure always without actually failing. So i use bench as a measure of strength and how my body is responding to training stimuli. I have been at the same bench press weights for years sometimes when heavier I am a bit stronger sometimes a bit weaker but always around the same weight. I am not obsessed by its numbers i merely use it as an indication.

Recently i went down a bit in bench and felt more tired then normal, brain fog too made my work a bit harder. (I am not low carb but probably burn the carbs I eat). I make sure i get 1,5 grams of protein per kg of body weight I am on HRT dose of 250mg test per week from Bayer (so pharma grade). I take an anti estrogen for it always have. So this is not new. What is new is that I have had a few bad nights and bad days recently that had me sweating like crazy (i got an aircon at night at 23 degrees so can't be that its normal for me). Last night i kept waking up and peeing and i was again sweating had to change my clothes at night. This has happened a few times. 

Could this be an indication of over training (i mean those loaded carries are hard) plus I have been on a caloric deficit for quite a while so recovery is not always garanteed, I also feel more muscle soreness as before. Normally I would only feel that when I workout extra hard or change my program. I am still working out hard but no harder then normal. Now muscle soreness is more common.

I am just a bit worried as I don't want to destroy myself. Last Thursday I had the same dropped loaded carries for 4 days and did a normal workout last night and got the symptoms again. Anyone got some insight in this ?

Cut is going well getting leaner as before so I like to push it a bit more but on the other hand I don't want to go down in flames. Does anyone got some good advice for me. 

I think there are 2 options, i got something like a flu that only manifest after a hard training, or I am starting to over train.. i know its rare but not unheard of. Just want some advice or other insights of members. 

Did a cheat this weekend ate more (healthy) and got heavier probably from my muscles filling up again with glycogen and water (just to be on the safe side). Had not really done any cheating reloading of carbs during the months as I worried about stalling progress (i know not perfect but still)

Do you have any protein shakes, especially with casein?