stand_23

Knee pain

Hi Guys,

been suffering with pain knee pain for at least 2 years now, I’ve tried everything and am running out of options, been to physio this year and last year and still nothing.

anyone had a similar problem can’t squat hack squat , lunge as the pain ruins me and leg training goes out the window.

any help advise will be appreciated!!!

Nothing at all mate - says nothing he can do apart from Physiotherapy, Physiotherapy is rubbish wanted to see if I can get a scan but don’t think that will happen unless I go private.

Just now, stand_23 said:

Nothing at all mate - says nothing he can do apart from Physiotherapy, Physiotherapy is rubbish wanted to see if I can get a scan but don’t think that will happen unless I go private.

I've had a similar problem. My GP referred me for an MRI, which revealed various issues, and now I'm waiting for an op.

I’m amazed that your gp hasn’t referred you to an orthopaedic consultant unless there is another reason, usually one of 2. You are constantly bothering him/her because you are a hypochondriac or you are obese, in which case lose weight and see if that helps.

If you are none of the above go and see a different gp and be a bit pushy if needs be. Obviously maintain politeness at all times.

8 hours ago, stand_23 said:

The nhs works by initial drugs, then you go back, then physio, then you go back, then a scan, then you find out and get a diagnosis, keep at the doc or they will let you be a cured person and then your a nhs number

My knee was locking which turned out to be bone floating about as I'd ripped some of my acl off with it.

Went private health ins after gp referral.  First step consultant rotated my leg and had my knee clicking each time.  Next step MRI.  Then operation.  All done and dusted within a few months.  Knee is worse than ever now though!  Surgery isn't always the best option.