Mayzini

who gives advice at the gym

11 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Occasionally, there ‘s always some smart @ss hanging about willing to “ help out “ haha

"Khello young lady. It appears that I may be able to khelp you with your perkiness problem. You wan be perky? OK, I khelp. You lie down."

(Paaarp!)

Then a loud slap.

Then a thud as the khelper falls on the floor.

3 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

It's not commonsense mate. It's research by asking people who look like they've been doing it for years. Guys like that will always share info.

Problem is that not enough people ask cos theyre too proud or already know everything.

I'm glad that SkinnyIndianCardiologist asked @UK2USA. That was an investment in protecting his one and only body.

Oh absolutely, if someone came up to me in the gym and asked me for advice (which has happened on a few occasions already) then I'm happy to help. It's the ones who clearly haven't done their research and don't care to ask for advice that I just think, well, crack on then, you'll have to learn the hard way.

3 hours ago, benji666 said:

one time I confronted someone who made fun of a lads weight,and how much weight he was putting on the bar for benching . I run the gym for my mate and I train there myself, don't want that kind of s**t in a gym as in my view it sours the atmos . After I confronted him in front of everyone else in the gym , he went whining to my mate, who after speaking to me about it told him to find another gym .The lads father came down and shook my hand for sticking up for his son, so it's worth speaking up and it helps give a gym a good rep. 

fu**ing hate cu**s like that.

Fair play to you lad. 

6 hours ago, TinTin10 said:

Saw a guy smashing the weight up and locking out his legs on the leg press......

The amount of people I see do this is fu**ing crazy, like seriously, some of these guys are big as well and the weights on the machine is huge, 

It is really painful watching people do this, don't understand what they are thinking, 

Anyway to OP, I don't usually give advice, still learning myself, but at least I come here to get help, 

The other day I saw this PT give advice to these 2 guys, like I never see any PT do this, never, not even when they are training a client, its only if its a really fit girl they really love to help, otherwise it looks like they would rather be doing nothing than help out, 

So it was pretty weird seeing this PT give advice, but it was good advice, I overheard and used it as well later on, 

10 hours ago, anna1 said:

i avoid talking to people at the gym in general. Greeks just dont know how to shut up once they get started haha 

i used to try to correct people when I saw sth dangerous but I don’t bother anymore. Most don’t appreciate it so they can bust their necks for all I care 

Could I chat you up honey, in the gym?

I never give advice to people, it's not my place, and they didn't ask. So fvck that. If people want advice they can ask me, which never happens lol. Probably a good thing, I'd rather be left alone and do my own thing.

1 hour ago, Slagface said:

If they're a total noob then I'll usually show them 'hey mate, you'll hit the muscle more effectively if you do it like this' rather than tell them they're doing it wrong. It's all in the delivery

'Alright love you will have a much better time if you come home with me because I've got 3 peeled off the rock and I will do you up the rupert'