Sign in to follow this  
Mingster

The UK-Muscle Video Squat thread

Right guys and girls. As requested the UK-Muscle Video Squat thread. This thread has the same guidelines as the Bench Press thread. Simply that anyones opening post in the thread must be accompanied by a video of themselves performing some kind of Squat. Heavy or light, singles or 20 rep lung-busters. All are welcome.

My effort comes from a time where I was adding box/bench Squats to my routine for all the usual reasons. This particular effort was slightly unusual as it is performed with a high bar position which made the lift particularly taxing if I recall. 

Some of my older squat videos 

And this is were I'm currently at now after a few knee surgeries but aiming for 200kg x 5 by December

Will be doing 100kg x 5 x 5 tomorrow.

Never been the best at squatting and got a long way to go before I squat anything respectable again but with a few technique changes and slow steady build up I'm progressing in the right direction.

Wasn’t going to post as the squat is not a good lift for me but what the hell may as well contribute.

almost 15 years of prednisone use left me with chronic knee pain and also have a full abdominal incision that is slightly herniated in 3 places and often causes a bit discomfort so can’t seem to progress much in squats without one issue flaring up.

stick to Olympic pause squats and can do about 2 and a half plates a side when knees/stomach is behaving

2 hours ago, Henda83 said:

Wasn’t going to post as the squat is not a good lift for me but what the hell may as well contribute.

almost 15 years of prednisone use left me with chronic knee pain and also have a full abdominal incision that is slightly herniated in 3 places and often causes a bit discomfort so can’t seem to progress much in squats without one issue flaring up.

stick to Olympic pause squats and can do about 2 and a half plates a side when knees/stomach is behaving

Great stuff:thumbup1:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhEhDmPgevZ/

I hope the Instagram link works. If not somebody teach me... SOMEONE TEACH ME :lol:

240kgx2 reps. 3 weeks back into squatting after taking virtually 4 months off squatting and deadlifting and benching no more than 100kg due to multiple reasons. 

I’m 6ft4, 22, 23 in July and want a 280kg by then. Did 250kgx1 unfilmed today after a week of man flu and not eating much so very happy with that after a bad week. 

Any tips from you seasoned squatters?

Finally seeing a little bit of progress, I'm a long way from hitting my previous numbers but its a slow steady process and this was all pain free which I'm happy.

There is a little more left in the tank but I'm not pushing my luck my knee held up nicely and I will continue to build from here hopefully 200kg by Christmas.