Sign in to follow this  
bigchickenlover

Strong Man Competitions 2018

Just now, Stephen9069 said:

https://rebelstrength.co.uk/blogs/events

They update throughout the year with a link to the facebook pages under each comp. 

Nice one mate, ive seen this and emailed a few of the gyms and event organizers.

Find it hard not being on social media as most if not all of them are all on there so no info if you dont have access. 

You competing this year?

Just now, bigchickenlover said:

Nice one mate, ive seen this and emailed a few of the gyms and event organizers.

Find it hard not being on social media as most if not all of them are all on there so no info if you dont have access. 

You competing this year?

Im the same mate dont have facebook had to do most of it through my lass on her account. 

I havent competed in a few years now and no were near the strength i was but i can never say never again ill see how this year goes as long as im smart maybe 2019 i could be ready but id be in the opens so got a long way to go. 

4 hours ago, bigchickenlover said:

Any one know of any Strongman competitions this year? Novice Interim Under 105kg or opens 

Looking on web theirs a fair few though most are advertised on FB. 

Im not on FB so would appreciate any help in this matter 

Thanks again 

BC

Where you from mate and how far you willing to travel ? 

11 hours ago, SiVoy86 said:

Where you from mate and how far you willing to travel ? 

Im in the midlands willing to travel if comp suits. i.e weights sensible, as Stephen mentions above im trying to get back into it body prevailing" 

Ive competed in Northampton, Leeds, Leicester, Wales all powerlifting/Strongman. 

9 hours ago, bigchickenlover said:

Im in the midlands willing to travel if comp suits. i.e weights sensible, as Stephen mentions above im trying to get back into it body prevailing" 

Ive competed in Northampton, Leeds, Leicester, Wales all powerlifting/Strongman. 

When was the last time you competed mate ? 

13 hours ago, RS86 said:

Here's a list of the ones posted in the 'Strongman competitions in the UK' FB group. If any jump out let me know I'll get the details for you bud

Screenshot_20180117-184838.thumb.png.c14e0d220ebae558a24fac12cc5c7b9b.png

Screenshot_20180117-184851.thumb.png.0f717091e7353086dbf89b2ba565f18d.png

Thanks pal really appreciate that. The Rotherhams or Vickings comp looks ideal 1st comp back. As was looking for end of April or May to begin the year. 

Not sure if id be able to get under 105kg again though it was tough enough last time.. lol Novice i think would be a start. 

1 hour ago, Stephen9069 said:

A while then i think i was 2015 last time i competed. 

WSM at christmas dont help lol reignites that itch to compete again. 

Exactly that mate!The bug has come back well and truly.. 

Obviously im no where near what id like to be at weights wise, though injury free at the moment and seems to be returning nicely for my weight category. 

I did vouch to the better half i was done. I think we all need a second chance at things. 

2015 isnt that long ago there is still plenty of life left in you, i believe you are younger than me too.. ;)

Powerlifting has its politics within its self, so il give strongman another stab.. 

Heres to 2018

39 minutes ago, bigchickenlover said:

Exactly that mate!The bug has come back well and truly.. 

Obviously im no where near what id like to be at weights wise, though injury free at the moment and seems to be returning nicely for my weight category. 

I did vouch to the better half i was done. I think we all need a second chance at things. 

2015 isnt that long ago there is still plenty of life left in you, i believe you are younger than me too.. ;)

Powerlifting has its politics within its self, so il give strongman another stab.. 

Heres to 2018

Lol my lass has already mentioned the same about me saying i was done but im sure she will put up with me if i do try again. 

Im 31 so still got time i mean if Odd Haugen can still compete in his 60's then theres no excuse really. 

Iv never fancied powerlifting like you have said theres a lot of politics.

See were im at by October then go from there.