Lorian

Member Announcement

Hey everyone

As many of you will be aware, over the past couple of years I’ve struggled to invest the time necessary to keep on top of admin duties or to actively push UK-Muscle forwards.

Effective immediately, I have passed full operational control and responsibility of UK-Muscle over to a company called Vertical Scope. I will still be around as a member, but I have relinquished all admin responsibility. The team at Vertical Scope are now running the show.

This wasn’t a decision I took lightly. I was the 34th member to join this community and it’s been a significant part of my life for 15 years. There will be members reading this that weren’t even born when I made my first post. 

I trust that Vertical Scope will honour the integrity and spirit which has helped established UK-Muscle as the dominant UK bodybuilding forum it is today.

A community is only as strong as its members, I think both literally and figuratively we have the strongest of them all.
It’s been an honour to be at the helm of such a fantastic community for so many years.

Thank you

Lorian
UKM Admin 2003 - 2018

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties  on  uk-muscle.co.uk.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in regularly to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. 

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip

1 hour ago, vs-Admin said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties  on  uk-muscle.co.uk.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in regularly to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. 

Thanks,

Philip

Hi Philip, do you drive a red corsa? I think I know you.

were you and your Mrs on holiday this year? If so post a few pics and of yourselves and ill tell you if I know you.

regards

john 

x

Hello everyone,

What are our intentions?

Will leadership change?

What am I here for?

Thanks,

Philip

Sounds like a covert CIA takeover.

Pics of mrs?

5 minutes ago, ellisrimmer said:

Hi Phillip, you keeping alright? how is Elizabeth? What do you think to Harry's new GF bit fit isn't she?

Haha!  No personal affiliation with the Royal Family. I do agree with your comment on Ms Markle.

-Philip

26 minutes ago, Sparkey said:

Does this effect the current site moderators? 

Not at all. Only difference is they have a new person to escalate site issues to. 

19 minutes ago, Wheyman said:

Is our passwords and usernames safe? 

Your usernames are public. Depending on what you post will dictate the safety of your username. Passwords on our network are all stored with encryption and never in plain text. This site is about as secure as you can be currently. Now keeping this in mind its still up to you to manage you to maintain good practice in regards to your own passwords when using the internet. 

17 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

You searched them on google too!

It was bound to come up. 

-Philip

Hello everyone,

What are our intentions?

Will leadership change?

What am I here for?

Thanks,

Philip

I used to post on Yorkshire Divers forum which your firm took over ........  it pretty much tanked soon after. I hope that the membership / community get treated a bit better in this case.

3 minutes ago, MrM said:

I used to post on Yorkshire Divers forum which your firm took over ........  it pretty much tanked soon after. I hope that the membership / community get treated a bit better in this case.

My worry exactly, 

Verticlescope have no interest in bodybuilding whatsoever, they basically just buy up forums.

I'm wondering how they are going to make money from this? 

I'm expecting advertising  galore.

Just going to chime in here, I have always been very hot on member security and protecting user data.  VS inherit the forum in a natively secure state and I trust they will keep it that way.

It is also in their best interest to develop and grow UK-M. With the team of people they have there is no reason why UK-M shouldnt thrive under their control.

It's my understanding that the current Moderator roles will not be changed.