So what's the real truth about TUDCA?

I researched a lot of different forum threads, and while a lot of people say it's amazing, a lot of people (e.g. Dr. Scally as one example) also say it is useless or even potentially DAMAGING to use.

It's the latter that worries me since I don't want to cause more damage to my liver with a supplement.

I'm currently using NAC (which apparently raises liver values but yet is supposedly beneficial) and Milk Thistle... Both in Rich Piana's liver and organ defender which I'm using.

8 minutes ago, JackTorrance said:

I researched a lot of different forum threads, and while a lot of people say it's amazing, a lot of people (e.g. Dr. Scally as one example) also say it is useless or even potentially DAMAGING to use.

It's the latter that worries me since I don't want to cause more damage to my liver with a supplement.

I'm currently using NAC (which apparently raises liver values but yet is supposedly beneficial) and Milk Thistle... Both in Rich Piana's liver and organ defender which I'm using.

I use NAC and abuse orals. Milk thistle might as well bin that. TUDCA I can’t justify the cost when I can run NAC year round much cheaper.

NAC absolutely does not raise liver values, it lowers them. It's used in the medical field to treat acute hepatoxicity caused by drug overdose, so you could say it works :lol: It's also a shite site cheaper than TUDCA despite being just as effective. I've done a heavy oral finisher to a cycle once (50mg dbol & 100mg anadrol every day), my doc had me do some routine bloods a week later which I was concerned about given that I'd just come off 6 weeks of orals, but my ALT values were spot on thanks to the NAC.

5 hours ago, swole troll said:

TUDCA works

this is the best cycle support there is

Appreciate the recommendation.

What are your thoughts on this discussion where TUDCA is said to be ineffective or even dangerous:

https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/michael-scally-liver-suggestion.134348624/

And this:

TUDCA has not and never will be approved in the USA as the FDA will not allow its use. The fact is that tudca can make orals more bioavailable is NOT a good thing.
Here is what that means..the liver struggles its ass off to defeat the oral but the liver losses the fight each and every time. Now you take tudca along with an oral and the liver has to fight even harder because the toxin is now putting up a better fight. This leads to even higher liver enzymes.

The fda does like tudca because they think it give alcoholics a false sense of security...meaning hey I have cirrohsis or on my way to it but I will take tudca. No don't...it makes things worse. Tudca works better when NOT taken with the toxin. So off cycle.

Cheers

7 hours ago, JackTorrance said:

Dr scally? Sounds like a fu**ing scouse dj. 

2 hours ago, JackTorrance said:

Appreciate the recommendation.

What are your thoughts on this discussion where TUDCA is said to be ineffective or even dangerous:

https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/michael-scally-liver-suggestion.134348624/

And this:

I think scally should stick to his field of expertise which is endocrinology not hepatology

Plenty of bloodwork stating otherwise and if you want my personal anecdote 

My liver values were pretty high at the start of this cycle, I started up the cycle support I listed above alongside my 30mg dbol ed and I feel absolute great, usually I have really bad lethargy by now but absolutely nothing 

Tudca and nac work.

14 hours ago, Ross1991 said:

I use NAC and abuse orals. Milk thistle might as well bin that. TUDCA I can’t justify the cost when I can run NAC year round much cheaper.

Going by your log, You have hit some orals for some time of late. have you had bloods to back up the effectivness of NAC in place of TUDCA?

14 hours ago, Ross1991 said:

Going by your log, You have hit some orals for some time of late. have you had bloods to back up the effectivness of NAC in place of TUDCA?

I'm using both NAC and TUDCA at the moment, loads of back up for both supplements, more for TUDCA.

TUDCA has direct results on protecting the liver, a lot of what we take effect liver values (orals, trenbolone etc) can only be a good thing, I read the other day about avoiding TUDCA around workouts.

On 26/10/2017 at 10:48 PM, swole troll said:

TUDCA works

this is the best cycle support there is

Could you recomend a trust worthy brand for tudca ?

1 minute ago, swole troll said:

olympus labs tudca does the trick but personally i just go with the cycle support i linked above

Mate you ever noticed those cycle supports repeating on you after you’ve taken them? Rank taste?

Out of interest, for those who use and rate nac, what dose are wee talking and should it be all year round? 

I'm tired as f**k four weeks into my blast, could that be a sign of my liver struggling? Cheers. 

16 minutes ago, stewedw said:

Out of interest, for those who use and rate nac, what dose are wee talking and should it be all year round?

I tend to take 1.2mg of NAC and 6 tablets of Liv52 a day when on a blast.

Don't take anything when off but that's just me.

Nac at 1200mg during blast and 600mg rest of year , I used tudca last blast hoping it would help with appetite as I think loss of appetite is down to liver stress just like alcoholism effects appetite loss but it never helped. But no bloods to back up my actual values