Sign in to follow this  
barsnack

Best anti-depressant

I've tried celexa (citalopram) and am currently on lexapro (escitalopram)

lexapro has few sides in my opinion - the first 4weeks are a bit crap but after that it's much easier. Only remaining side effect is that I'm a bit sweatier and sex drive took a slight hit and it takes longer to cum .........  

not heard of Zoloft and only heard of bad reports of Prozac.

3 hours ago, barsnack said:

Only used diazepam before, but think it's more anxiety pill......What out of the bottom, has anyone tried, or could recommend

Celexa,

Lexapro,

Prozac,

Zoloft

Took them all for years and I stay ill.

All those things are useless as well as psychiatrist. 

Touch the bottom then you will be able to slowly get back on your feet.

The things that help the most : constant prayer (if you believe in God), Discpline (every minute of your day should have a purpose : clean everything in your appartement, not a single tiny dust shall be there, your diet shall be always the same, pick the same clothes for the same day, put everything in order), cold shower, running/lifting and so on any activities that will make you miserable on a  physical level, readings, no TV, no social media.

If you truly want to try on of those, I would say Lexapro and Zoloft are best for short period and treat "emergency" as they act fast, Prozac was "best" for me for long term, I did not support well Celexa.

Lexomil might help too as a support when you have a crisis situation, don't go above 1 pill cause you will be lethargic as f**k and 2 pills will put you to sleep for a half a day especially if you are not use to those fu... pills.

I wish you well.

39 minutes ago, Uryens said:

Took them all for years and I stay ill.

All those things are useless as well as psychiatrist. 

Touch the bottom then you will be able to slowly get back on your feet.

The things that help the most : constant prayer (if you believe in God), Discpline (every minute of your day should have a purpose : clean everything in your appartement, not a single tiny dust shall be there, your diet shall be always the same, pick the same clothes for the same day, put everything in order), cold shower, running/lifting and so on any activities that will make you miserable on a  physical level, readings, no TV, no social media.

If you truly want to try on of those, I would say Lexapro and Zoloft are best for short period and treat "emergency" as they act fast, Prozac was "best" for me for long term, I did not support well Celexa.

Lexomil might help too as a support when you have a crisis situation, don't go above 1 pill cause you will be lethargic as f**k and 2 pills will put you to sleep for a half a day especially if you are not use to those fu... pills.

I wish you well.

Have you explored other avenues than seretonin imbalance?

Could be Dopamine, GABBA, hormonal issues, or even gut bacteria (sounds crazy): 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662178/

GPs can be very narrow sighted with this sort of thing

For years I had symptoms of depression, horrible mood swings just come on for no reason, then disappear just as quickly, couldn't be arsed to do anything around the house, never went out anywhere, then discovered that low test had very similar symptoms, which is what got me started with AAS in the first place years ago, 2-3 weeks after starting test all the above symptoms disappeared permanently, went back to being my old happy energetic self again I was when I was young

Even if I stop cycles, I'll never stop TRT, never want to go back to being that miserable guy