Sphinkter

Coffee lovers

How do you like your brew/java/NJ/wakemeupjuice?

I use a stovetop espresso maker, double shot topped up with hot water classic americano, syrupy thick and darker than wesley snipes.

Only thing is i cant get a good crema, anyone recommend a good ground coffee for it or would i need a higher pressure machine? Only get about 1 bar on the mokka pot.

15054981548421598371462.jpg

1 minute ago, Sphinkter said:

Im a recent convert from the cafetiere mate try a stovetop mokka pot you wont look back.

that much better eh? 

ill snag one off ebay and give it a go

i drink so much of the stuff that any investment will be heavily utilized 

I have a coffee maker. Beans in one side, water in the other, press a button, dive back into bed and wait for the smell of fresh coffee to waft up the hallway.....lovely. Like my coffee strong with a touch of skim milk. Trying to drop the milk but can't just let go of that just yet, although when I went to Italy I drank expresso, no milk every day...hummm.....the coffee was smooooooooth though.

I get my beans from a coffee bean house, small amounts at a time. Can't beat a great coffee in bed on a Saturday morning whilst watching Spider-Man cartoons...cough....I mean current affairs...cough....

6 hours ago, mrvest said:

You need fresh beans, freshly ground and higher pressure yeah. Look out for a second hand setup if you're interested!

This is my coffee station...

IMG_20170517_185135119.jpg

Nice!!

Ex mrs Haunted_Sausage liked her coffee so I got her one of those fancy coffee maker things and for beans, she contacted a place that used to supply where she worked and asked for samples. A van pulled up outside one day and gave us 9x 2kg bags of all different beans for free!

might be worth doing that? Blag then saying you require samples etc

I have a Dolonghi bean to cup espresso machine. The cheapest one.

I drink what I think is called a long black. It's like an Americano but you start with hot water in the mug and then run the espresso into this. You get a better crema this way.

12 hours ago, Flubs said:

I have a coffee maker. Beans in one side, water in the other, press a button, dive back into bed and wait for the smell of fresh coffee to waft up the hallway.....lovely. Like my coffee strong with a touch of skim milk. Trying to drop the milk but can't just let go of that just yet, although when I went to Italy I drank expresso, no milk every day...hummm.....the coffee was smooooooooth though.

I get my beans from a coffee bean house, small amounts at a time. Can't beat a great coffee in bed on a Saturday morning whilst watching Spider-Man cartoons...cough....I mean current affairs...cough....

My brother bought my dad those kopi luwak beans that are eaten by some indonesian cat and jobbied out before being collected.  Not tried but they are ridiculously expensive.

3 hours ago, Rykard said:

what beans does everyone use? I like a strong but not bitter flavour but struggle to find a nice one. Generally using a cafetiere (sp?) but sometimes a stove top jug.

Cant go wrong with taylors lava java imo. After dark is good too, The aldi french one is nice as is the ethiopian, morrisons the best Guatemalan is nice as well.  Depends what you like, i like strong dark roasts with a nutty/chocolately flavour.

1 hour ago, Sphinkter said:

My brother bought my dad those kopi luwak beans that are eaten by some indonesian cat and jobbied out before being collected.  Not tried but they are ridiculously expensive.

I like my coffee and will pay a bit more for good coffee but that's just getting stupid. I think it's the same with wine, you can get a decent bottle for £10 so if you get a bottle that cost thousands how much better can it be. 

Just now, monkeybiker said:

I like my coffee and will pay a bit more for good coffee but that's just getting stupid. I think it's the same with wine, you can get a decent bottle for £10 so if you get a bottle that cost thousands how much better can it be. 

True, i wouldnt say no to a glass of £1000 a bottle barolo though..

16 minutes ago, Sphinkter said:

Its a fine brew mate.

Im using lavazza crema e gusto just now its ok for a robusta.

I need to get some myself. Im using tesco colombian classic atm but need something new. Havent tried any lavazza before, i may pick some up next.

Taylors " high voltage" 4 table spoons in the french press 

Espresso strength but a full cup 

2 large cups before training better than most pre workouts ive had 

13 minutes ago, jay101 said:

Taylors " high voltage" 4 table spoons in the french press 

Espresso strength but a full cup 

2 large cups before training better than most pre workouts ive had 

I was reading a review on that high voltage stuff earlier is it nice?