DemonNeutrino

Really Struggling

I'm making good progress when I'm training, I'm feeling good when I do. 

But things keep getting in the way. 

The latest of these is an excruciating pain in the back of my head which began once when training but then again when resting. Hearing went all funny the second time (everyone sounded like a dalek), and I lost all coordination During the episode. Scared me enough to go and see someone (something I never do). 

Being referred to neurology at the moment to find out what it was but I'm being told it's best not to train until I see someone. 

Before this it was work changing shifts on me left right and centre giving me no rest, and fatigue building up leading me to skip a few days and only end up training 2-3 times a week. 

Ive seen some logs on here where people have been laid off and having surgery etc and as soon as they are recovered they are back at it 100%. How do you keep your motivation up? How do you make sure that the second your given the all clear you are ready to go? 

My body adapts very quickly to training, I think in part because I'm not yet at a level I have previously been. But it also adapts quickly to no activity and poor diet. When I'm not training my body quite literally goes to shite within a couple of weeks max. 

What can I do to keep my motivation up while being laid off training? Would be good to hear some similar stories. 

Feeling worse about myself now than I have in a while, and it's starting to affect other parts of my life. And from someone with a history of depression I recognise how much I need to get on top of it. 

If you know you have a period when you won't be training then I'd actually suggest you totally forget about It. This will give you a mental break that will likely be beneficial when you do get back to training. On the other hand constantly thinking about the fact you aren't able to train just sounds like a frustrating and possibly depressing waste of energy.

4 hours ago, DemonNeutrino said:

I'm making good progress when I'm training, I'm feeling good when I do. 

But things keep getting in the way. 

What can I do to keep my motivation up while being laid off training? Would be good to hear some similar stories. 

Feeling worse about myself now than I have in a while, and it's starting to affect other parts of my life. And from someone with a history of depression I recognise how much I need to get on top of it. 

Welcome to the Guest House, welcome to You!

59b7d7b35fffc_GuestHouse.png.ea1276e1e2bf6fa7b0006e0625d64068.png

Whilst you're in the guest house, you may (if you wish), take a 10:1 ratio of L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP. In other words (and on an empty tummy first thing in the morning and last thing before bed time, again on an empty stomach), one cap L-Tyrosine and one cap 5-HTP, am and pm.

59b7d8adf028a_71nNyVTNznL._SY679_1.jpg.9187e655f49b24614845190202809bab.jpg59b7dc87dc63c_71NEPlULCSL._SL1500_1.jpg.89f1b910c42c85519428bbf409cf9ac3.jpg

I wish you all the best mate, and we're all here to lend any support we could.

Note: I am not suggesting you use the above brand of supplement, as it's really up to you what (if any) brand of supplement you use, should you choose to go down that road.

Edited/Added: Please check with your neurologist if you want to try the above mentioned supplements, in addition to conducting your own research on the subject.

Also, have a read of this for starters:   https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/amino_acids_depression.html

Fadi.

1 hour ago, Fadi65 said:

Whilst you're in the guest house, you may (if you wish), take a 10:1 ratio of L-Tyrosine and 5-HTP. In other words (and on an empty tummy first thing in the morning and last thing before bed time, again on an empty stomach), one cap L-Tyrosine and one cap 5-HTP, am and pm.

59b7d8adf028a_71nNyVTNznL._SY679_1.jpg.9187e655f49b24614845190202809bab.jpg59b7dc87dc63c_71NEPlULCSL._SL1500_1.jpg.89f1b910c42c85519428bbf409cf9ac3.jpg

I wish you all the best mate, and we're all here to lend any support we could.

Note: I am not suggesting you use the above brand of supplement, as it's really up to you what (if any) brand of supplement you use, should you choose to go down that road.

Fadi.

What are you proposing would be the benefit of those supplements?