On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, P.D.S said:

Optimum meal frequency should be based on what. 

Metabolism  , timing , goals ,digestion 

I'll keep my reply short and sweet.

For different people, you're going to get different reasons as far as meal frequency is concerned. For me, it's all about health. With that been said, the optimal meal frequency for me, would be twice in a period spanning 24 hours, as I fast for an average of 17 hours daily. Like I said, I will be keeping my answer short and sweet, hence, I've decided to provide you with the following video by Dr. Darren Schmidt. Not aiming to push a keto diet here, even though Dr Schmidt talks about it in his video. I know for a fact that the info you'll find therein, would not be something you've ever heard before. So please do listen to the whole video, and the reason behind insulin's spiking and its frequency from a health point of view.

I appreciate  that others may have their own reasons for fasting/meal frequency..., I have only shared my own personal reasons with you.

Thanks.

On 08/21/2017 at 5:02 AM, P.D.S said:

Optimum meal frequency should be based on what. 

Metabolism  , timing , goals ,digestion 

In the context of IF or more broadly?

Meal timing/frequency is of MUCH less significance than getting total calories right, but as a broad reccommendation for what might be optimal I'd suggest having 4 or 5 meals per day containing at least 30g of protein, spread evenly through the day with the last close to when you go to bed. This is from the point of view of muscle building/retention. Possible health benefits of fasting are a different subject which I know nothing about.