Sign in to follow this  
Fadi

In the mirror is your competition...

If you think that your competition is “out there”, you are sure to become bitter, however if you truly believe that your competition is right here (in the mirror), then you are sure to become better. I assure you; your real competition is that person reflecting back at you. Will you then not reflect on your own reflection, for it is the only real deal bar none!

If you are a better person today (in any way shape or form), than you were yesterday, I ask you; is that not a step forward in life? For assuredly, perfection is the enemy of good, hence I'd settle for and take "better" whenever it presents itself, thank you very much.

Fadi.

If you are basing your character and values off yourself in the mirror and how well you do then you are all fvck wits. 

To make your life better should not be based around bodybuilding or sport. It is not something to define yourself by. If you seriously do think about this post please re-evaluate.

... Only if you are obviously a top level professional athlete competeing NATIONAL level then you may take things more seriously, but I don't think any of us on this forum are going to be a bronze medalist of the sort let alone a gold on here.

4 hours ago, Mingster said:

I believe the OP has done this.

I mean as in defining yourself as saying I AM A WORLD CLASS BOXER or I AM THE BRITISH CHAMPION IN BOXING.

However that does not correspond to defining your own character in such a way. You define who you are on morals and virtues and your decisions you have taken in life.

OP is talking as if he's saying defining yourself with how you look and how good your physique is which leads to cockiness and arrogance, this is not the way to go.

Sir, I politely ask you to not tell me what I imply what you infer, for there is a difference. What I imply is what I intend, what you infer is what you reason.

I did not wish to write the above, however..., 8 words of what you wrote, made it incumbent on me to do so. Those 8 words were the following:

9 hours ago, NoGutsNoGloryy said:

OP is talking as if he's saying ...

There is no ifs to what I was saying Sir, for I am still a member of this forum, and I'd like to think that I am a very approachable member at that. All you needed to do was ask. Ask me to  explain; clarify, and/or simply make clear to you what I did not make clear enough in writing my small message in the OP. I sincerely do believe that you and I are on the same page with our attitude towards life in general.

I am never too big to take some of the blame for your misunderstanding of my message, as it takes two to tango. I believe now (thanks to you), the misunderstanding may have started with the title itself. My usage of the word "mirror" was never intended to signify the physicality of the person, but rather the "self", i.e. the real person, i.e. the one whose image is reflecting back at you.

I was not thinking of bodybuilding or muscles at all, as I have written about this type of "mirror reflection" once before on a forum, been careful to write it under the bodybuilding section and not the motivational and sport psychology section.  

9 hours ago, NoGutsNoGloryy said:

You define who you are on morals and virtues and your decisions you have taken in life.

100% in agreement with the above statement Sir. How can I not be, when it very much resonates with everything that I believe in.   

So in a nutshell, my whole OP message was dealing with one's self, as that's the entity that we need to have control over if we are to succeed in this life. Focusing on someone or something you have no control over is futile, and at best a waste of your precious time. Hence, focus and change what you can , (your own self), for the better, and not for self-centeredness, arrogance and other negative attributes, that serve to destroy the self instead of enrich it and make it grow and strive forward.

I do thank you for your contribution, and I hope that I have made my OP a bit clearer to you Sir.

Fadi.