Sign in to follow this  
Lorian

Big Upgrade

Hi everyone

There's a big upgrade happening to UKM in the next few days. I don't know exactly when it's taking place but the site may be down for a short while. Don't worry, we'll be back up soon after. :thumbup1:

Lot's of new features and a more modern design coming very soon.... :thumb

I'm sure there'll be lots of questions, please bear with me - it'll be a learning process for me as well whilst I get my head around all the new stuff.

I hope you all enjoy the new UKM :cool2:

On 22 July 2017 at 9:51 AM, Lorian said:

Hi everyone

There's a big upgrade happening to UKM in the next few days. I don't know exactly when it's taking place but the site may be down for a short while. Don't worry, we'll be back up soon after. :thumbup1:

Lot's of new features and a more modern design coming very soon.... :thumb

I'm sure there'll be lots of questions, please bear with me - it'll be a learning process for me as well whilst I get my head around all the new stuff.

I hope you all enjoy the new UKM :cool2:

Good!:thumb 

Finger crossed we don’t end up losing threads or messing up the reps like last time.

Can’t wait to see the changes now!:)

19 hours ago, IronJohnDoe said:

Finger crossed we don’t end up losing threads or messing up the reps like last time.

Can’t wait to see the changes now!:)

Reps/Likes ARE changing... for a start, Reputation could potentially now be seperate from Likes. That's somethig which I think should please a lot of people. For example, a popular 'banter' post liked by many won't necessarily increase Reputation.

The thing I'd like to make everyone aware of is that how it appears on day 1 probably isn't how it'll be a week later. I'll need to go though and configure everything to get it working the way we all want.  You can probably expect a few polls that week too.

I'm excited too :D

19 minutes ago, Lorian said:

Reps/Likes ARE changing... for a start, Reputation could potentially now be seperate from Likes. That's somethig which I think should please a lot of people. For example, a popular 'banter' post liked by many won't necessarily increase Reputation.

The thing I'd like to make everyone aware of is that how it appears on day 1 probably isn't how it'll be a week later. I'll need to go though and configure everything to get it working the way we all want.  You can probably expect a few polls that week too.

IPS 4.2?

54 minutes ago, Lorian said:

YES please:) It’s much better to be able to separate the likes for the banther from the reputation that goes for helping people out or writing informative things.

Still can’t wait to see the new baby!!:thumb

3 hours ago, IronJohnDoe said:

YES please:) It’s much better to be able to separate the likes for the banther from the reputation that goes for helping people out or writing informative things.

Still can’t wait to see the new baby!!:thumb

I have to write informative posts now ?!?!?! :) 

but that's not my specialty !! :) 

4 hours ago, anna1 said:

I have to write informative posts now ?!?!?! :) 

but that's not my specialty !! :) 

Then you’ll have likes but no reps lol

EDIT: Bae your speciality is derailing threads:lol: