Wheyman

operation save uk-muscle

51 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Zackly why I'm here.

Like your wife's boyfriend's jizz  stuck to your blanket.

Or a pork butcher's in Saudi.

Or a bastard at a family reunion.

Or a bruddah at a Koo Kluck Klayyan meetin. 

I actually heard KKK has black memebrs now. 

:confused1:

Load of crap, the Forum is doing just fine. End. 

Edit>> Been here 8 years, seen it all, heard it all, I follow the forum closely, during the transition phase to this new layout there was a lot of negativity and less traffic per post, but things are back to acceptable levels and all seems fine. Great forum and plenty of members, I honestly don't see what the problem is, one bad apple tends to rot the rest... 

15 hours ago, Wheyman said:

now the software i use costs thousands a year so please dont slate me 

As a Microsoft Consultant I would be interested to know this software and its specific use, also a breakdown of the costs would be nice before I can even begin to take this seriously. 

I've been here in one form or another since 2008. I think this account since 2010..

Anyway, Wheyman is not a bad guy, he's just an opportunistic/entrepreneur, he aides his income, and maybe it helps to keep a roof over his head by self generating ideas for income. It's not a bad trait..

But this notion of flooding the forum with ancient posts all over the place, it may trigger more SEO results in Google, but will be counter productive to this community. And as previously said, if someone is looking for genuine info, UK-M will already flag up in the first few results on Google, and the user will read the wealth of knowledge already posted, without the need to spam the entire board with dozens of posts all over the place - and in most cases, asking questions to members who are already long gone.

It'll be like going into a real life library, tossing all the books through the streets and random letter boxes. Chaos, and nonsensical.

I do think Lorian and Mods could be active here. But that's another matter.. And down to Lorian, at the end of the day.

Either way - UK-M is the No. 1 training forum in the UK. I think TM is my next, but this is the only one I post on.

9 hours ago, 2004mark said:

Can you clarify these two statements... seems a bit nonsensical to me. Probably just the way you've worded them.

I think what you are referring to is you have data showing what the most visited pages from search engines are, and as a result adding extra content to these pages. If so I'm pretty sure that Lorien would have access to all that data from Google Analytics already.

If you were going to add content to the top landing pages (for not logged in users) then you might as well do it for all pages... as that would be much less work as it'd just be a template change.

Skipping over that though I feel fairly confident in saying a UI tweak is not going to change the fortunes of UKM significantly.

Of course UI (and SEO) will always be a factor for forums - for revenue from lurkers and (along with UX) will also help optimise the conversion rate of lurkers to active users... but there are many other elements that are much more important to an established site like this. Engagement with the community (users... especially knowledgeable ones) and moderation are two biggies.

While obviously forums will require new users, they are not what gives the place soul... it's the current users and how they are managed that forms this.

What I would concentrate on is building a loyal and knowledgeable team of mods and users, and keeping happy the ones you already have. Becoming active on other platforms like Instagram, sponsoring events, stands at exhibitions, competitions, merchandise, meet ups etc. What all this requires though is time, motivation and drive to get out and about and active off line as well as on.

There have been 2 mass exoduses since I've been here... TM and TD. First one took a stupid amount of knowledge with it and the second took a lot of high posters. Lots of other members prominent members that gave value to the site have disappeared (for whatever reasons). I'm not really interested in the politics of the place, so don't know exactly why all this has happened... maybe it was for the good of the place, I dunno.

The landscape is always evolving too... there was no FB, insta or youtube in days gone by.

Lorien used to be much more active in the past too... I'd guess he has many other business ventures and UKM just earns a nice steady bit of holiday money.

Non of the above is a criticism of UKM, just observations.

very good reply. 

Firstly I was kind of drunk when I posted!

Secondly I agree new wont beat old, but sadly old legends get banned for issues and new legends must be found.

Lorian will have more accurate information than me, I use a third party tool, this will never give the accuracy that real information can give, but like the regular in their favorite bar feel remorse when the owner closes, sometimes the customer wants the business to grow more than the owner. But this is a guess.

The idea is get new post on well ranking posts could get the people entering via search engines will get them to join, then the few will become new legends of knowledge, that is the idea.

8 hours ago, karbonk said:

As a Microsoft Consultant I would be interested to know this software and its specific use, also a breakdown of the costs would be nice before I can even begin to take this seriously. 

its a well known competitor tracking tool similar to the defunct hitwise look it up

5 hours ago, Flubs said:

You are welcome. I thought the redhead would add extra spice.

It does indeed, woukd a naked red head wearing glasses and reading classic literature be too much of an imposition next time?

On 2017-6-13 at 10:51 PM, Wheyman said:

you are funny mate but this forum is dieing but i cant tell you were we can grow from 

if you deleted your account the forum would be much better. you don't need fancy software! 

Anything steroid related, UK muscle comes up first in a google search. If that doesn't bring people, f**k all will. 

10 hours ago, Wheyman said:

its a well known competitor tracking tool similar to the defunct hitwise look it up

You want me to look it up?? No Thanks, Drunken posts....I can relate to that lol. 

21 hours ago, swole troll said:

i agree with most of the above points on the forum ticking over nicely

ive posted on many forums over the years and this has one of the most welcoming gen con / misc sections 

some forums its literally nothing but piss taking and trolling (this tends to get worse the more members there are) 

this forum strikes a nice balance, the members and new users fluctuate but thats the case with all forums you just dont notice it with the likes of bb.com having a ridiculous head count 

my only gripe is the strength community in here is pretty low, im not about to start posting in lbs over in the yank forums but there  must be what 10 people on here that are primarily into strength training 

but i know that cant be helped by the admins, just need more of you fluff and pump gym sharks to start getting into squatting til your nose bleeds 

Did that last year whilst deadlifting. Was using oxy's and my BP was through the roof, resting systolic was around 150. lol

19 hours ago, karbonk said:

What does you being a Microsoft consultant have to do with anything, MS qualifications are just about the easiest ones to get haha.

2 hours ago, Quackerz said:

Did that last year whilst deadlifting. Was using oxy's and my BP was through the roof, resting systolic was around 150. lol

ive never gone full nosegasm 

but then ive always got a beard and had a bit of blood in the ol' tash after heavy set of deads (when i was on a gram of tren funnily enough)

its never a good thing as your bp reading proves but looks pretty cool

17 minutes ago, swole troll said:

ive never gone full nosegasm 

but then ive always got a beard and had a bit of blood in the ol' tash after heavy set of deads (when i was on a gram of tren funnily enough)

its never a good thing as your bp reading proves but looks pretty cool

Yup, makes you look like a nut. It has its perks. lol