bigD29

Is anyone using Test Prop for TRT?

Ive been researching this and apparently Test Prop is the best way to keep bloods stable for TRT and mimics the bodys own production of Testosterone better than anything else. 

Im just wondering if anyone is actually using Test Prop?

I think 50mg EOD using a Slin Pin would be the best and easiest way

Prop for TRT would be a complete pain with EOD injections. I only cycle using prop and I find it a pain after a 6-8 week cycle with EOD injections so using it permanently for TRT would be unbearable for most people and they would stop after a couple of months. Presumably this is why nebido is normally used for TRT as the test levels may not be as stable as injecting more frequently but you have the trade-off of semi-stable test levels and very infrequent injections. 

This is why I mentioned using slin pins, surely its about 10 seconds out your life to inject with minimal trauma, its almost as easy as taking a pill, just need to backfill some slin pins 

15 minutes ago, Mingster said:

Injecting every other day for the rest of your life doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Some people inject daily if diabetic, im sure its not a big deal, my body likes prop and it mimics the bodys own production and keeps levels stable so im just seeing if other people are agreeing. Only issue I can see is holidays etc.. But always have the option to swap esters anyway.

I read that with TRT even if using enanthate or cyp the highs and lows will cause mood swings, I don't know how true this all is though. 

I am going to try the prop route first, if anything just to get it in me fast, If it becomes too much hassle I will swap to Enanthate

Just now, bigD29 said:

Some people inject daily if diabetic, im sure its not a big deal, my body likes prop and it mimics the bodys own production and keeps levels stable so im just seeing if other people are agreeing. Only issue I can see is holidays etc.. But always have the option to swap esters anyway.

I read that with TRT even if using enanthate or cyp the highs and lows will cause mood swings, I don't know how true this all is though. 

I am going to try the prop route first, if anything just to get it in me fast, If it becomes too much hassle I will swap to Enanthate

Good luck. I'm sick of one jab every 12 weeks.

Just now, Mingster said:

Yes, mate. For the past 5 and a half years.

But would it be easier jabbing yourself at home, I can imagine its a pain in the a$$ going to the docs/hospital every 12 weeks for a jab! 

How are you finding it? Any negatives or bad sides? & what are your test levels at now on TRT?

20 minutes ago, bigD29 said:

But would it be easier jabbing yourself at home, I can imagine its a pain in the a$$ going to the docs/hospital every 12 weeks for a jab! 

How are you finding it? Any negatives or bad sides? & what are your test levels at now on TRT?

Nope. Just pop into my local GP's surgery and the nurse does the jab. Takes a minute or so, and get my bloods done every second visit.

I have no sides and feel fine. My trough level is usually down to around 8 n/mol but, as I say, I feel fine and see no advantage in shortening the time scale. Whichever way you read it higher levels equate to higher potential sides. If you feel fine then your test level is fine regardless of the numbers.

I do 50mg prop eod, keeps my trough at 28 nmol. I rotate between my delts and quads, no pip at all which I was surprised about because Sustanon used to cripple me and was told it was down to the prop.its really no hassle and pain free with the slin pins, I crack open my prop ampules and transfer them to a sterile vial, I find back filling a bit messy and this avoids me having to it.  

I also do my 250 iu hcg on the same day, this keeps my estradiol at 100 pmol without using an AI. I feel good on this protocol, much better than the 125mg of Sustanon every 5 days I was previously on 

10 hours ago, Klaus said:

I do 50mg prop eod, keeps my trough at 28 nmol. I rotate between my delts and quads, no pip at all which I was surprised about because Sustanon used to cripple me and was told it was down to the prop.its really no hassle and pain free with the slin pins, I crack open my prop ampules and transfer them to a sterile vial, I find back filling a bit messy and this avoids me having to it.  

I also do my 250 iu hcg on the same day, this keeps my estradiol at 100 pmol without using an AI. I feel good on this protocol, much better than the 125mg of Sustanon every 5 days I was previously on 

Excellent post, thanks just what I was hoping for! 

I notice this is your 1st post! Did you come here just to comment? 

I would like to know more about how exactly you are doing the HCG shots and how often you are getting bloodwork. Also what lab you are using, if pharma then what brand? 

Thanks 

Glad to help. I never post I just read,but thought for once I might have something useful to say 

I do my trt through balancemyhormones.moved back to the U.K. from Canada last year and was told by my new GP there was no chance they could match my protocol so went private. 

With the hcg, it's msd pregnyl 1500iu, from Clifton village pharmacy.with each ampule I load up 6 slin pins and store them in the fridge. I do the  shots subq in my stomach. It's allowed me to have kids without stopping my trt and it helps with my libido. I get tested every 6 months now that I'm settled on my protocol.I was using the nuffield hospital for blood work when they had a buy one test get one free deal, but now I use medichecks. I had doubts about how accurate the results would be from a finger pr**k but the results match the hospital ones at a fraction of the cost.

I have low shbg, its at 16.so the eod prop shots work perfectly for me

Injecting test prop once every two days with a slin needle would be a total breeze . I shave everyday that's a lot more of a chore . I think test prop every other day would be the best way of keeping test levels stable as it the nearest thing to natural testosterone production . In fact test suspension every day would be even better . 

Unfortunately  none of these methods are available on the NHS so it would not be an option for me . TRT needs needs to be done through the NHS where legitimate and genuine pharmaceutical grade testosterone is used and people are monitored correctly with regular blood tests .

On 6/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, bigD29 said:

Ive been researching this and apparently Test Prop is the best way to keep bloods stable for TRT and mimics the bodys own production of Testosterone better than anything else. 

Im just wondering if anyone is actually using Test Prop?

I think 50mg EOD using a Slin Pin would be the best and easiest way

I am.

I'm one of the few who dont mind pinning EOD. If you're pinning 3ml of gear, well...thats completely different thing from pinning 0.4/0.5ml of test. Small 26G needle in the chest, shoulders, legs (I'm about 5% BF so that needle works for me, unless legs in that case I stick to 23G) ...takes literally 10 seconds. 

Was doing EOD 60ml, test level came back too high at 52 so lowered that down to 40sh ml EOD and my test level came back at 34, which in the context of all other blood values being very good, that's fine for me. Been doing that since the beginning of the year, when I stopped cycling and decided to stick to TRT (I'm 41, though I only did three cycles in my life). Tbh, I think prop in small doses also makes dealing with E2 much easier than using test C or Test E. 

One thing I want to do, perhaps to keep test plasma level even more stable is to to Mon/Wed 40ml of test prop and Friday 80/100ml of Sustanon as the longer ester Decanoate in it is pretty much like Nebido (and will be a stable source as it builds up) but also contains a small dose (I think its about 15%) of Prop to keep the regimen on check.  Just for the sake of a bit of "fun" testing things...

Out of curiosity, are you on aromasin or adex? what's you dose?

1 hour ago, larus said:

I am.

I'm one of the few who dont mind pinning EOD. If you're pinning 3ml of gear, well...thats completely different thing from pinning 0.4/0.5ml of test. Small 26G needle in the chest, shoulders, legs (I'm about 5% BF so that needle works for me, unless legs in that case I stick to 23G) ...takes literally 10 seconds. 

Was doing EOD 60ml, test level came back too high at 52 so lowered that down to 40sh ml EOD and my test level came back at 34, which in the context of all other blood values being very good, that's fine for me. Been doing that since the beginning of the year, when I stopped cycling and decided to stick to TRT (I'm 41, though I only did three cycles in my life). Tbh, I think prop in small doses also makes dealing with E2 much easier than using test C or Test E. 

One thing I want to do, perhaps to keep test plasma level even more stable is to to Mon/Wed 40ml of test prop and Friday 80/100ml of Sustanon as the longer ester Decanoate in it is pretty much like Nebido (and will be a stable source as it builds up) but also contains a small dose (I think its about 15%) of Prop to keep the regimen on check.  Just for the sake of a bit of "fun" testing things...

Out of curiosity, are you on aromasin or adex? what's you dose?

Thanks for the info!

I have not started TRT yet

The NHS don't want to know as im in the normal range for NHS, so I am unsure of weather to self medicate or go private!

I am right on the cusp for needing TRT, my total test is 13, my free test is .3 and my SHBG is 26, I have some symptoms and some days are better than others but its a big choice to go with TRT for life! 

Private clinic have offered sustanon but if self medicating I would choose Prop, but it would have to be UGL prop! 

What brand are you using, and do you go private or self medicate! ? 

4 hours ago, bigD29 said:

Thanks for the info!

I have not started TRT yet

The NHS don't want to know as im in the normal range for NHS, so I am unsure of weather to self medicate or go private!

I am right on the cusp for needing TRT, my total test is 13, my free test is .3 and my SHBG is 26, I have some symptoms and some days are better than others but its a big choice to go with TRT for life! 

Private clinic have offered sustanon but if self medicating I would choose Prop, but it would have to be UGL prop! 

What brand are you using, and do you go private or self medicate! ? 

I went private initially, Centre for Mens Health somewhere in Harley st in London. I got a shot of Nebido for a total of close to 1k (500 consultation, 150 for the Nebido shot and another few hundreds for the exams). Once I did some (well...a lot of actually) research and found how easy is to source stuff online or via travelling, I chose that option because of: 1) flexibility; 2) ...definitely cheaper...3) I think I know now more that than that 80 yo doctor... (with all due respect). I also like to ...blast...here and there. 

For prop, I have been using Alpha Pharma and Baltic, but unfortunately both UGL are gone now (I was putting the content of 10 ampules into a 10ml sterile vial using a 10ml syringe). Currently using Neuro Pharma and WC both good (also tested on Labmax).

For Test E or Sustanon, I have all pharma grade that I source when I travel for work to Asia (Thailand mostly) or Latam (Mexico). I got quite a few Bayer Testoviron (Test E) and one Nebido just a couple of months ago in Bangkok, which haven't used yet). 

2 hours ago, larus said:

ah and for Sustanon, i use the Organon. 

What were  your levels before you started TRT? 

What do you think to my figures! I am so unsure this week weather I should be committing to full term TRT just yet, I feel like doing a mini 6 week on prop and seeing how I feel first but then I won't want to come off again!

very very low, mid single digit I think it was a 5nmol. I was really surprised, I mean i knew it wouldn't be be great thats why I went there in the first place (was 39 when I went there, stress, kids, work, overtrained and probably a course of Ostarine didn't help  etc) but I had never done  proper gear in my life (ie steroids) , trained every day, eaten super clean, very low body fat and decent muscle mass (and my friend also had no problem getting up...) so yeah was very surprised by how low it was. Funny enough,  after my first proper cycle one month post PCT  my test level came back mid teens (14nmol something).  It was the same (13 nmol) after my second (very short) cycle and I didn't test it after my third. I would assume my baseline test is probably low teens. Just noticed, pretty much same levels as you. 

And yes, life and training is a lot better with Test in the 30ies nmol, if that is the real question you've asked!

8 hours ago, larus said:

very very low, mid single digit I think it was a 5nmol. I was really surprised, I mean i knew it wouldn't be be great thats why I went there in the first place (was 39 when I went there, stress, kids, work, overtrained and probably a course of Ostarine didn't help  etc) but I had never done  proper gear in my life (ie steroids) , trained every day, eaten super clean, very low body fat and decent muscle mass (and my friend also had no problem getting up...) so yeah was very surprised by how low it was. Funny enough,  after my first proper cycle one month post PCT  my test level came back mid teens (14nmol something).  It was the same (13 nmol) after my second (very short) cycle and I didn't test it after my third. I would assume my baseline test is probably low teens. Just noticed, pretty much same levels as you. 

And yes, life and training is a lot better with Test in the 30ies nmol, if that is the real question you've asked!

Excellent thanks for the post thanks