15 hours ago, swole troll said:

didn't test for it unfortunately

it wasn't a very comprehensive panel by any means 

it was actually a resent kit as my last test the blood cells were damaged so they could test everything but hematology 

so as a gesture of good will they sent me another kit just for hematology testing.

I'll get retested if the problem doesn't subside 

Yeah, if you donate frequently or even used to in the past, you could have low ferritin.  Even one donation can drop you by 20-30 or so i've been told by a colleague.  You want to be over 60 at least

Low ferritin can cause shortness of breath as can sluggish thyroid.  Heart issues can also cause dyspnea/SOB, so if you rule out Ferritin/Free T4 some heart scans would be in order. (EKG+Echocardiogram)

9 hours ago, ElChapo said:

Yeah, if you donate frequently or even used to in the past, you could have low ferritin.  Even one donation can drop you by 20-30 or so i've been told by a colleague.  You want to be over 60 at least

Low ferritin can cause shortness of breath as can sluggish thyroid.  Heart issues can also cause dyspnea/SOB, so if you rule out Ferritin/Free T4 some heart scans would be in order. (EKG+Echocardiogram)

@swole troll

I can confirm this. 

From near the start of my days taking aas I had been and still am donating every 10 to 12 weeks or so. 

I was always very cautious for the first few years of use and got bloods done every 4 to 6 weeks at a private clinic. 

I found that my ferritin was very low, around the 20 mark give or take on several occasions even several weeks following the donation. 

Popped some ferrus sulphate for a few weeks and ferritin came back up. 

At the time I didnt think it was the donations as thousands of people give blood and the NHS done then tell you to supplement with iron their after. 

After another occasion with bloods again showing I was low in ferritin I did a bit of research and then realised it was the frequent donations that were causing the low ferritin levels I was constantly experiencing. 

So  now I give bloods as usual, but then pop ferrus sulphate for a few weeks after the donation to reinstate the lost iron for that donation. 

9 hours ago, ElChapo said:

32 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

@swole troll

I can confirm this. 

From near the start of my days taking aas I had been and still am donating every 10 to 12 weeks or so. 

I was always very cautious for the first few years of use and got bloods done every 4 to 6 weeks at a private clinic. 

I found that my ferritin was very low, around the 20 mark give or take on several occasions even several weeks following the donation. 

Popped some ferrus sulphate for a few weeks and ferritin came back up. 

At the time I didnt think it was the donations as thousands of people give blood and the NHS done then tell you to supplement with iron their after. 

After another occasion with bloods again showing I was low in ferritin I did a bit of research and then realised it was the frequent donations that were causing the low ferritin levels I was constantly experiencing. 

So  now I give bloods as usual, but then pop ferrus sulphate for a few weeks after the donation to reinstate the lost iron for that donation. 

thanks again guys, 

if the problem persists this is something I will look into getting tested.

On that topic I have been reading lately of limiting donations to x2 annually at most to prevent your kidneys up regulating EPO production 

I've been a 3x per annum letter for about 5 years now and with this in mind including these potential ferritin issues I may scale it back. 

On 24/01/2020 at 9:32 PM, ElChapo said:

Maybe, donate blood and you will know. Should bring it down 2-3%.  

What is your ferritin?

will donate in the coming days.

Iron 193μg/dl     (59−158) 

34,5μmol/l                  (10,6−28,3)

Ferritin  240 μg/l       (30−400)

sidérophiline saturation :  54,8%          (20,0−40,0).   really high

@ElChapo donating blood will decrease my iron of 20-30 μg/dl  ?

5 hours ago, swole troll said:

thanks again guys, 

On that topic I have been reading lately of limiting donations to x2 annually at most to prevent your kidneys up regulating EPO production 

I've been a 3x per annum letter for about 5 years now and with this in mind including these potential ferritin issues I may scale it back. 

I used to donate blood every 56 days , but the last 2 times I gave I was tired and felt quite depressed for some days.

I had hair loss , loss of energy too. 

Found out that my ferritin/iron were so low , when it used to be over the normal range before I first donated.

So yes , donating too often like I used to do , will crash ur iron /ferritin levels and you'll get side effects.

8 hours ago, swole troll said:

thanks again guys, 

I bet your ferrtin might be damn low then. I would test that asap.

Don't take any iron before testing so you know the baseline.

Hey mate, is there any merit to maintaining a bodyweight after a bulk for a while before cutting? Or can we go straight into a deficit without risking muscle loss? Both done on the same blast period

On 1/26/2020 at 9:06 AM, Baka said:

will donate in the coming days.

Iron 193μg/dl     (59−158) 

34,5μmol/l                  (10,6−28,3)

Ferritin  240 μg/l       (30−400)

sidérophiline saturation :  54,8%          (20,0−40,0).   really high

@ElChapo donating blood will decrease my iron of 20-30 μg/dl  ?

Ferritin*

And that is what i heard from a colleague.  Don't know the exact number myself.

16 hours ago, jj1996 said:

Hey mate, is there any merit to maintaining a bodyweight after a bulk for a while before cutting? Or can we go straight into a deficit without risking muscle loss? Both done on the same blast period

Honestly, in practice it has limited benefit. I usually went from bulk to cut right away without any issue and the extra leptin from bulking helps you cut calories easy.

The muscle tissue you built aka the myocytes are not going to dissappeared just because you cut right away. Some people think they "lose the muscle" due to low calories which can make you flatter. That's not muscle loss.

37 minutes ago, ElChapo said:

Honestly, in practice it has limited benefit. I usually went from bulk to cut right away without any issue and the extra leptin from bulking helps you cut calories easy.

The muscle tissue you built aka the myocytes are not going to dissappeared just because you cut right away. Some people think they "lose the muscle" due to low calories which can make you flatter. That's not muscle loss.

Cheers boss! appreciated as always.

@ElChapo - no question this time just wanted to say thanks for the advice on using slin pins for vento glute injections - i have many times in the past suffered horrendous PIP - sometimes weeks of swelling/unable to train etc etc - having read over this thread and  taken up your advice - ive switched to slin pins and so for so good.

thanks!

On 26/01/2020 at 6:37 PM, One rep max said:

Anyone used Resveratrol heard good things about it

I use it in 2 products: Supplement Needs' liposomal RV and curcumin (they are synergistic), and in Thorne's "resveracel", which is an NR/RV/Quercitin product. From everything I've read (several books on longevity and a few papers), if you have the cash then it's worth the bother.

6 hours ago, Alibab2001 said:

@ElChapo - no question this time just wanted to say thanks for the advice on using slin pins for vento glute injections - i have many times in the past suffered horrendous PIP - sometimes weeks of swelling/unable to train etc etc - having read over this thread and  taken up your advice - ive switched to slin pins and so for so good.

thanks!

Happy to hear it brother, that's why i'm here. 

@ElChapo Hi dude.

What's your thoughts on body fat readings while on DNP?

Scale says 10.5-13%, but will the reading be high from holding water creating less resistance or low due to muscles being flat.

Attached a picture of yesterday, still on 200mg DNP, and this morning said was 10.5%.

Screenshot_20200128-162715_Gallery.jpg

23 hours ago, Vinny said:

@ElChapo Hi dude.

What's your thoughts on body fat readings while on DNP?

Scale says 10.5-13%, but will the reading be high from holding water creating less resistance or low due to muscles being flat.

Attached a picture of yesterday, still on 200mg DNP, and this morning said was 10.5%.

Screenshot_20200128-162715_Gallery.jpg

Around 11% looks about right.

You will look better after you return to maintenance. You will drop water weight and  muscles will pump up. You could even be 10%  or 9% and just holding water, which is completely normal on a deficit, especially with DNP too.

19 minutes ago, ElChapo said:

Around 11% looks about right.

You will look better after you return to maintenance. You will drop water weight and  muscles will pump up. You could even be 10%  or 9% and just holding water, which is completely normal on a deficit, especially with DNP too.

Thanks pal, much appreciated.

Going to stat Test/Deca/EQ at the weekend, so going to cut for another 2 weeks for the sake of it, and then slowly start increasing the build back up. 

@ElChapo my daily TDEE varies massively on days where I’m at work vs rest days I try to maintain a 300 calorie surplus based on my TDEE that day. (Non work days 3000cals work days 4600 cals) but I’m finding I’m gaining no weight at the end of the week. Should I take my weekly average calories burned and add 500 to that number and try this instead? So I’ll be eating the same meal plan every day regardless of whether at work or not.

Sorry if I’ve worded it a bit difficult to understand but is quite complex question

4 minutes ago, strawberry123 said:

@ElChapo my daily TDEE varies massively on days where I’m at work vs rest days I try to maintain a 300 calorie surplus based on my TDEE that day. (Non work days 3000cals work days 4600 cals) but I’m finding I’m gaining no weight at the end of the week. Should I take my weekly average calories burned and add 500 to that number and try this instead? So I’ll be eating the same meal plan every day regardless of whether at work or not.

Sorry if I’ve worded it a bit difficult to understand but is quite complex question

Yes, and target weight gain should be fairly small if you want to prevent fat gain.  Also use your strength as a barometer of muscle gains.

@El Chapo thanks for the advice. My TSH was normal and my GP said my thyroid was fine. I wasn't satisfied and got my T3/4 tested as they can't do anymore. It showed I was below normal range and my symptoms of fatigue, feeling cold and inability to lose bodyfat which used to come easy.

You advised 100mccgT4 daily empty stomach first thing.

6 weeks later I'm slap bang middle range. Symptoms are are getting better.

I'm toying with the idea of bumping up to 125mcg or 150mcg T4 per day and test again in 6 weeks. Would like to get to close to upper range which is where I once sat. Any thoughts on this? Should I maybe just say, it's middle so it's ok.

As a side note. I got nowhere with my doc, even after showing the low reading so I have to source myself. Annoyed as they should have referred me for secondary testing and also as they incorrectly stated my thyroid was fine. I appreciate they are limited in testing and these decisions aren't made by GPs but as you said...FSH/LH fine equals test being fine....yeah right.

Thanks again buddy

Screenshot_20200129-160714__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200129-160439__01.jpg

35 minutes ago, woolymaggot said:

@El Chapo thanks for the advice. My TSH was normal and my GP said my thyroid was fine. I wasn't satisfied and got my T3/4 tested as they can't do anymore. It showed I was below normal range and my symptoms of fatigue, feeling cold and inability to lose bodyfat which used to come easy.

You advised 100mccgT4 daily empty stomach first thing.

6 weeks later I'm slap bang middle range. Symptoms are are getting better.

I'm toying with the idea of bumping up to 125mcg or 150mcg T4 per day and test again in 6 weeks. Would like to get to close to upper range which is where I once sat. Any thoughts on this? Should I maybe just say, it's middle so it's ok.

As a side note. I got nowhere with my doc, even after showing the low reading so I have to source myself. Annoyed as they should have referred me for secondary testing and also as they incorrectly stated my thyroid was fine. I appreciate they are limited in testing and these decisions aren't made by GPs but as you said...FSH/LH fine equals test being fine....yeah right.

Thanks again buddy

Screenshot_20200129-160714__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200129-160439__01.jpg

Increase levothyroxine dose until you get 19.3-20.6 pmol/L.  Most need 100-200 mcg to reach this level.   It's the level found in people with fully functional thyroid glands. The lab range is completely flawed. 

Remember, empty stomach as soon as you wake up, wait 1 hour before food/drink/supplements/other meds.  Skip the pill the morning of the blood work.  Re-test every 4 weeks until optimal Free Thyroxine attained.

If any residual symptoms, add 5-10 mcg T3. Done. 

Any symptoms not resolved by the above is  not thyroid related. 

@El Chapo

Friend of a friend sent this and said she's had an IM shot of vit B12. I thought B12 was a fad and not worth it? I also thought B12 was a sub q injection. Any ideas or thoughts on its use in this cause or does it have any other benifits? 

"Her blood count is super low, iron super low, B12 super low. There's not enough red cells in her blood" 

26 minutes ago, stewedw said:

@El Chapo

Friend of a friend sent this and said she's had an IM shot of vit B12. I thought B12 was a fad and not worth it? I also thought B12 was a sub q injection. Any ideas or thoughts on its use in this cause or does it have any other benifits? 

"Her blood count is super low, iron super low, B12 super low. There's not enough red cells in her blood" 

Generally, a high quality oral B12 will do the job. Injections are overrated and very high placebo effect.  You want methylcobalamin instead of cyano, the crappy version.

IM/SQ are both absorbed, IM generally provides better absorption for most medications.  If iron is low, she needs iron supplementation too.

On 25/01/2020 at 10:31 PM, ElChapo said:

@El Chapo I had some blood tests done about 6 months ago due to a health matter. The doctor mentioned I had high ferritin levels. She said it was nothing to particularly worry about but to re-do the tests in 6 months time. 

I was off cycle at the time of the tests 6 months ago. Any idea of causes/symptoms of high ferratin?