Etoboss

Back problems with MRI

On 20/05/2017 at 7:38 PM, Etoboss said:

Ye mate doc was making me angry just seemed like wasn't arsed at all! Prob coz he didn't have a clue what the report ment. Gona crack on with them movements tha @Kjetil1234 said do if not much improvement in a few weeks of daily working it will go back to doc and tell them yet again and ask to see another doc. 

Problem with my job and my doc is aware of my job is I am mostly in the arched over position that's the worse position for my pain! 

Been told to be aware about this private spine hospital I am going to for advice as they will most likely say anything to bleed as much money out of me as poss lol like try and offer to see there own pysio but Gona just get straight to the point and be blunt so they aware I not being taken for a mug 

That's probably caused your back issues in the first place, I was a mechanic for 10.5 yrs but decided enough was enough and started a new career path...

oddly my back has got worse in Feb but I'd been packed up for over a year, I now have a numb right calf since Feb and permenant pins and needles in my right foot... oddly my back is loads better :) 

18 hours ago, charlysays said:

Transforaminal cortisone injection? If done by someone very experienced then it has a decent chance of temporarily calming down the nerve root which will allow you to carry on with your physio and postural work. I never had one but a lad in the gym whos in his mid 20s has had several due to issues at L4 and L5 and he said it did help a lot.

I would personally just walk or go swimming... the discs are shock absorbers and if they're damaged you don't want to be pounding at them! The gentle roll of walking can help though.

Sorry to hear you're still in pain. They can take a LONG time to completely settle, but mostly they do settle. Best of luck.

Sure they said it was called a facet joint injection? 

Ye may just do a fast ish walk on treadmill then instead of running. Or even bike but while on bike would have to keep my back arched. 

Thanks mate. If I stick to what I been doing hoping it will fix! Been over a year now :(

18 hours ago, superdrol said:

That's probably caused your back issues in the first place, I was a mechanic for 10.5 yrs but decided enough was enough and started a new career path...

oddly my back has got worse in Feb but I'd been packed up for over a year, I now have a numb right calf since Feb and permenant pins and needles in my right foot... oddly my back is loads better :) 

Ye sure it is. As my wife's dad has the same problem and he does the same work! 

Have just got this gonna use it all the time using a pillow has been difficult 

IMG_2061.PNG

41 minutes ago, Kjetil1234 said:

Post a pic of your standing position. pelvis must be clearly visible. If it's not working, you're not doing it right.

No injections will cure this, don't waste your money.

Sorry to hijack but but reading through your info etc and think this will definitely help me with my back pain.

I just wondered do you ever see many people who's lower back actually 'clicks' I just tried your excercise shown in the video and can definitely feel it in the lower back, if after I like relax my pelvis removing the arch from lower back I can click my lower back (it has always clicked before when getting stiff etc just wondered if you see many others with this)

On 25/06/2017 at 10:56 AM, Kjetil1234 said:

Post a pic of your standing position. pelvis must be clearly visible. If it's not working, you're not doing it right.

No injections will cure this, don't waste your money.

Will get the gf to take a pic soon as she home mate. When you saying doing it right. Doing what right? The  exercises you told me to do? I don't do it as much now as you said it's just an exercises it needs to be permanently aligned. Hence got that lumba support so when ever where ever I sit my spine is in the correct position that should make my pelvis get into the correct position?

I have also been doing these. Along with standing straight hands on hips and leaning back. 

IMG_2065.PNG

Etoboss, your posture still sucks. The pics you sent me are very off what I am trying to explain in the article. Butt has to point up and a relatively large arch should be visible in the lower lumbar. Your back is completely straight; you are doing it wrong.

No disrespect intended, I just feel that abrasiveness sometimes gets the point across better. Kind regards.

5 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

The new posture should be UNCOMFORTABLE and probably painful. Pull your butt back and up, and stay there. Forever

True dat. Because the vertebre either side of the prolapse will be be squeezing on the prolapse, which in time will force it back inline.

8 hours ago, Kjetil1234 said:

Etoboss, your posture still sucks. The pics you sent me are very off what I am trying to explain in the article. Butt has to point up and a relatively large arch should be visible in the lower lumbar. Your back is completely straight; you are doing it wrong.

No disrespect intended, I just feel that abrasiveness sometimes gets the point across better. Kind regards.

Cheers mate. Do you mean like my butt is straight with my back? As my top back going into middle back it does sink right in there but then it just goes straight. 

I no what you mean about bum back and up, i can get in that position easy but impossible to stay like that I would be walking around like a duck lol and soon as I relax it will jump straight out of that position 

I think I just need to keep doing my exercise keep my back pouch thing on to stop my back sinking into the seat when sat down and eventually it will adjust and stay like that. ?

Just looked at pics again and ye you must mean my butt and lower back look straight. Like I have a flat ass that's inline with my lower back. As the top of my back is arched good I think. 

1 hour ago, Etoboss said:

Little update. Since wearin the d-shape lumbar roll I haven't had any pains in my legs! Buzzing! This was a horrible annoying pain and it's gone. Must mean I am on the right tracks for solving this problem 

Stick that booty out, but not too much, just the right amount. IIRC tight anterior hip flexors exacerbate the loss of lordotic curve. One thing a lot of people forget is how they routinely bend down to tie shoe laces, pick something off the floor etc... bend at the hips and stick your arse out to maintain the curve.

On 23/06/2017 at 9:49 PM, superdrol said:

Same for me. I remember removing a bosch injector pump off a citroen xantia in a scrap yard 10 yrs ago... car had no wheels and hydraulic susp was obviously down. Took a while the whole time I was bent at the waist. Was pushed for time and just forgot about how stiff my back was getting.

Next day went surfing, bad wipeout and got twisted underwater, barely hobbled out of the water and was then in pain for 6-8 months.

Now I can't bend at the waist over a car engine for more than 10 mins without feeling like it's going to give way again. I now have a two post lift and when I'm even just working on an engine I either bend at the hips and support the weight of my body with one hand on the engine if it's a short job or I put the car on the two post and I lift the car up so the bumber is at hip level and sort of sprawl over the front of the car on my belly to take the pressure off my low back. Works well but I only do part time car repairs, probably would still be an issue if it was 9-5.

12 hours ago, charlysays said:

Stick that booty out, but not too much, just the right amount. IIRC tight anterior hip flexors exacerbate the loss of lordotic curve. One thing a lot of people forget is how they routinely bend down to tie shoe laces, pick something off the floor etc... bend at the hips and stick your arse out to maintain the curve.

Ok mate thanks so do you think I should do other exercises to loosen up other muscles like around my spine can't remeber what it's called but it's a lunge type exercise that does that muscle. Down the back of my legs muscles also tight. Can't touch my toes when standing with legs straight 

2 minutes ago, Etoboss said:

Ok mate thanks so do you think I should do other exercises to loosen up other muscles like around my spine can't remeber what it's called but it's a lunge type exercise that does that muscle. Down the back of my legs muscles also tight. Can't touch my toes when standing with legs straight 

TBH you can make stuff worse by stretching if it's the side that needs to provide support and also it aggravates your back some, it's very easy to make stuff worse while trying to make it better!!

1 minute ago, superdrol said:

TBH you can make stuff worse by stretching if it's the side that needs to provide support and also it aggravates your back some, it's very easy to make stuff worse while trying to make it better!!

Ye very true as a certain exercise my physio told me to do i was in bad pain for days. Maybe the muscles around the bottom of the spine are ment to be abit tight to support the spine. Loosing them up may make it worse maybe!

Just now, Etoboss said:

Ye very true as a certain exercise my physio told me to do i was in bad pain for days. Maybe the muscles around the bottom of the spine are ment to be abit tight to support the spine. Loosing them up may make it worse maybe!

Have you considered paying kjetil for a session via Skype, I think it's far easier to follow instructions via one on one than his descriptions sometimes :) 

6 hours ago, superdrol said:

Have you considered paying kjetil for a session via Skype, I think it's far easier to follow instructions via one on one than his descriptions sometimes :) 

Good thinking! Will enquire and ask ;)

On 29/06/2017 at 8:22 PM, charlysays said:

Remember that all disc herniations are posteriorly positioned. This can NOT happen - impossibly - by extension, i.e anterior tilt. Anterior tilt is an absolute myth when it comes to lower back pain. Please read here.

https://treningogrehab.no/really-assess-lumbar-lordosis-dispelling-fallacy-anterior-pelvic-tilt/

Tight hip flexors do not reduce lordotic curve, this is absolutely not true.

Agree 100% on bending with the hip. Preferably bending at the hip WHILE having proper lumbosacral alignment

On 27/06/2017 at 6:31 PM, Etoboss said:

Cheers mate. Do you mean like my butt is straight with my back? As my top back going into middle back it does sink right in there but then it just goes straight. 

I no what you mean about bum back and up, i can get in that position easy but impossible to stay like that I would be walking around like a duck lol and soon as I relax it will jump straight out of that position 

I think I just need to keep doing my exercise keep my back pouch thing on to stop my back sinking into the seat when sat down and eventually it will adjust and stay like that. ?

Never relax. you gotta stay there forever. It'll feel normal after a few weeks - months. If you want to rid yourself of back pain permanently, you can not "relax". Get used to proper alignment.

On 24/07/2017 at 10:34 AM, Kjetil1234 said:

Never relax. you gotta stay there forever. It'll feel normal after a few weeks - months. If you want to rid yourself of back pain permanently, you can not "relax". Get used to proper alignment.

Mate it's like impossible not to relax lol. It's just like Tensing your bicep and keeping it tensed you loose concentration and just loose the tension without knowing kinda thing. 

It has been way better I can get off the sofa without pain and drive without pain but if I go down on the floor on my knees like changing baby's nappy on the floor my back hurts like hell. 

I am looking into getting the disc shaven off privately. Gona cost a few grand but just can't cope need to get back to work!