Rickygater93

Looking for help from some from some wise old timers ;)

Ayup lads I'm 24 and rapidly getting fat so I've decided I need to do something about it just need help with setting up a routine I've been doing my research but can't come up with my own plan due to one person saying do this and the other saying don't do that. I know I should be doing 5-7 excersices per muscle but having trouble deciding what those excersises should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks lads.

If you're rapidly getting fat your number one priority should be your diet - specifically eating fewer calories.

If you're complete beginner you could pretty much just pick any routine you like the look of and feel you will enjoy and stick to. Simply getting into the habit of wanting to train is goal one.

Cheers for the reply.... I'm a noob but have been trainong for about a month and want to get started in the right direction straight away... right last went went shopping and bought a month's worth of healthy food to make my own meals got 10 kg of chicken for 40 quid loads of veg, fruit and nuts so that I can cook the night before and freeze a couple of portions. What should I do with regards to cardio should I start with that or implement both into 1 session. I'll be doing alternate days so not be training every day, will that be enough. Again any advice greatly appreciated.... much love

4 hours ago, Rickygater93 said:

And with the cardio do I just run or would I need other forms of cardio too

Do you like running? What you can actually make yourself do is a major factor.

If you really want to ask what might be 'best' then there is some evidence that cycling may be better than running, partly as it is non-impact. This may offer a small benefit in terms of interfering less with leg training.

BUT to reiterate my first point, what you can do and stick with matters far more for fat loss.

G    98

No, as in there is no point making yourself do a type of cardio you hate. People who force themselves to run when they hate it are more likely to give up than people who just find a type of cardio they enjoy and will stick to.

Oh and do weights as well. Plenty of decent routines in here.

Excercise classes such as les mills hiit classes make cardio way more entertaining than running in the street or using one of those boring cross trainer machines or a treadmill.

Presuming you are heterosexual,  go along to one of those and you'll get what I mean. If you are single and looking, even more reason to give it a try  :D