PanamaPower

PanamaPower's road to Shredsville

So, I have always had a bit of dysmorphia concerning my physique and overall mass.  It used to bother me, but I've learned to manage it.  I have been on a constant bulk regimen for the last 8 years.  Now, for the first time, I feel confident with my overall size and want to cut down and see what it looks like underneath.  My goal is to reach somewhere around 7-8% body fat, but the number isn't really as important as the look I'm am going for.  

The problem is, I haven't worked my abs for almost a year, due to an umbilical hernia repair last year.  I wanted to give the mesh a long time to bond to my abdominal muscle tissue before torturing said muscle tissue in the gym.  Needless to say, I have no visible obliques and my midsection is under about a few centimeters of water and fat.

I want to compete in the transformation contest, but my girlfriend is visiting the States and I don't have a gym partner, so I can't take the necessary, relaxed front and rear photos.  I did take some pics so you could see where I am currently.  I'm guessing somewhere in the 12-14% bf range.  I am 6' 3" 215 lbs.

5913e152c5530_UKM1.jpg.73e874f6a228bf0b405c34434fa69d40.jpg

5913e16a34ceb_UKM3.jpg.0877ddd4ce9b48712564a4e8edaeea8f.jpg5913e17cc608e_UKM4.jpg.edce772a59488bcf2ec837e7c68283ea.jpg

There is some winstrol suspension that leaked out on my arm in this pic.  Don't know how I didn't notice it.

This is my first journal, but I will give it a shot and try to keep it up to date.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Looks as if you've got a decent amount of muscle to work with. Loads of people go for prolonged periods without doing any direct ab training so I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

5 hours ago, Jatin Bhatia said:

Would be interested in looking your progress mate. So, what's the plan?. Gear wise, workout wise and Diet wise?

I am currently on 50mg/ed of Winstrol suspension plus my TRT dose of test.  My diet is nearly half of what it was for bulking and I have removed a lot of unnecessary carbs and fats.  The water has come down significantly after dropping the NPP last week.  Things are coming right along much easier than I thought they would.

After being really sick last weekend, I am recovered and back on track.  I am down 2 pounds and my arms are still growing.  Finally hit a long time goal of 17" cold.  I've been at this for nearly 9 years, so it's about time.   I'm in second place at an arm size contest they are having at my gym.  (I know, it's some weird Panamanian s**t.)  Some muchacho has 18ers.  Not much competition in this little town though, obviously.  I should have new pics soon.

I've been trying to update every 2 weeks or so.  As I continue to shed fat and water, I'm not seeing any weight or strength loss, so I can only assume I am still gaining lean muscle.  It is very difficult to take these bathroom mirror selfies with the missus not home.  "Mostly" relaxed front and side chest.  These are after a day of surfing with my mates, so the tan is coming along nicely.  (I inherited my wife's pink Iphone when my phone disappeared.)

IMG_5118.thumb.JPG.d92796ce3b3099cef5b14b02c260eb2c.JPGIMG_5130.thumb.JPG.a6ef513f22bddcfe1339c976c3b2640c.JPG

Abs still need a lot of work.  My arms are 17" cold, but they still look small on my 6' 3" frame.  It's tough to be tall sometimes.  

14 hours ago, PanamaPower said:

I've been trying to update every 2 weeks or so.  As I continue to shed fat and water, I'm not seeing any weight or strength loss, so I can only assume I am still gaining lean muscle.  It is very difficult to take these bathroom mirror selfies with the missus not home.  "Mostly" relaxed front and side chest.  These are after a day of surfing with my mates, so the tan is coming along nicely.  (I inherited my wife's pink Iphone when my phone disappeared.)

IMG_5118.thumb.JPG.d92796ce3b3099cef5b14b02c260eb2c.JPGIMG_5130.thumb.JPG.a6ef513f22bddcfe1339c976c3b2640c.JPG

Abs still need a lot of work.  My arms are 17" cold, but they still look small on my 6' 3" frame.  It's tough to be tall sometimes.  

First pics face is covered, latest pics face isn't covered? Looking a hell of a lot better mate! 

46 minutes ago, sen said:

First pics face is covered, latest pics face isn't covered? Looking a hell of a lot better mate! 

haha, Yeah, I didn't want anybody recognizing that fat f**k.  Now, it's ok. And thanks man, I feel better too.

This week's update:  I've lost over 10 pounds, but my arms, chest, shoulders, and quads have actually grown.  My body fat is down significantly since the last update about 2 weeks ago.  Definition I never knew I had is popping out every day.  Abs are rolling along slowly, but they will get there.  I think my upper chest has had the most improvement this year, as far as fullness and overall growth goes.  It is an area I have been trying to improve for years.  Pics are s**t.  I can't hold the camera steady enough for a good picture especially when I'm in the gym.  I tried to refocus these on the computer, but they are just s**t photos.  

UKM1.jpg.b90cbf47292119bd2cbee6ebc35ce4f5.jpg

UKM2.jpg.ed1ac4f50e7178a0b4bb408466926c94.jpg

23 hours ago, PanamaPower said:

This week's update:  I've lost over 10 pounds, but my arms, chest, shoulders, and quads have actually grown.  My body fat is down significantly since the last update about 2 weeks ago.  Definition I never knew I had is popping out every day.  Abs are rolling along slowly, but they will get there.  I think my upper chest has had the most improvement this year, as far as fullness and overall growth goes.  It is an area I have been trying to improve for years.  Pics are s**t.  I can't hold the camera steady enough for a good picture especially when I'm in the gym.  I tried to refocus these on the computer, but they are just s**t photos.  

UKM1.jpg.b90cbf47292119bd2cbee6ebc35ce4f5.jpg

UKM2.jpg.ed1ac4f50e7178a0b4bb408466926c94.jpg

Excellent work 

how many kcals are you on? 

9 hours ago, Tricky said:

Excellent work 

how many kcals are you on? 

Thanks man.  I appreciate the compliment.  I decided to back down from 4000 calories a day to around 2200.  My body is like a fat burning furnace now.  The cruise dose of test and winstrol (I know, not exactly a true "cruise") has done an amazing job of maintaining the muscle I built on cycle, but helping me to burn the fat.  I've added a little more cardio into my routine.   I'm not trying to get in competition-ready form, but a few more ounces of fat off of my midsection wouldn't hurt.  

13 minutes ago, PanamaPower said:

Thanks man.  I appreciate the compliment.  I decided to back down from 4000 calories a day to around 2200.  My body is like a fat burning furnace now.  The cruise dose of test and winstrol (I know, not exactly a true "cruise") has done an amazing job of maintaining the muscle I built on cycle, but helping me to burn the fat.  I've added a little more cardio into my routine.   I'm not trying to get in competition-ready form, but a few more ounces of fat off of my midsection wouldn't hurt.  

Nice bro! Similar to myself I'm in 300mg test 2200kcals and down from 225lbs to 204lbs this morning in 7 weeks! Another 19lbs to push for me. My goal is 185lbs at 6ft then bulk

On 6/29/2017 at 7:16 PM, Tricky said:

Nice bro! Similar to myself I'm in 300mg test 2200kcals and down from 225lbs to 204lbs this morning in 7 weeks! Another 19lbs to push for me. My goal is 185lbs at 6ft then bulk

Nice work mate.  That has to feel great.  We are on basically the same regimen.  I only added the Winny because I felt like I was lean enough to give it a go.  What's your guess at your current BF, if you don't mind me asking?

Just found this old picture from my senior year of high school 12 years ago.  I think I was around 155 at 6' 3".  50 pounds of muscle later, I've come a pretty long way.

Still have this car.  Finally traded out the original V6 for a 383 Stroker motor last year.  

Camaro.jpg.b15559c2da6477801ea92caa542f944a.jpg

Another week and down 2 more pounds of fatness.  Abs and legs today.  Started to feel the skin stretch from my abs getting pumped doing hanging leg raises today.  

FullSizeRender1.jpg.8bf9ca9b9f4582413863edd7b795ab73.jpg

^^(The missus cooking her arms like a boss in the background.)^^

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.c0125d6af6d221c695f186bf0756d997.jpgFullSizeRender3.thumb.jpg.75ebd74999d6b3ef18c966d51c8c77ad.jpg

FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.c396d4f6596694b5f397620b60b31808.jpg

You can't tell here, but I'm pretty tan.  The lighting in my gym sucks, so I look albino.

I'm really pumped, as I've never been this lean.  I have no idea what BF% I am, but I don't really mind.  It's not like it matters anyway.

After 4 months off-cycle, and a perfectly normal blood panel, I'm going to run another cycle of Test(TRT dose of 200mg/week) and NPP(150mg/EOD).  I have managed to maintain 90% of my size and strength, due mostly to my TRT.  I still have a LOT of Winstrol suspension, but it really makes my skin breakout almost immediately, so I think I will save it for another time or sell it to a friend. 

I've been really fortunate that my body responds so well to simply maintaining my TRT dose and adding a compound like NPP or EQ.  Recovery is so much easier and I'm not really in a race to Mr. Olympia anyway... I will be running HCG twice a week until the last 2 weeks of NPP.

Pics coming soon.

I really need to improve my flexibility.  I think it really aids in injury prevention, so I decided that the yoga class my wife does would be an easy way to get flexible and spend some quality time with her.  The moves look so easy.....but they aren't.  My joints, especially my hips are so sore.  They keep the temperature at near Sahara levels, with the humidity of a Panamanian jungle.  The moves/positions are easy to get to and hold for maybe 10 seconds, but they hold them for a few minutes sometimes.  It is a different kind of strength.  In my opinion, bodybuilding is a like a sprint or a short distance runner.  Yoga is like a long distance marathon runner.  The "pushup-like" transitions weren't a problem, because I have no problem moving my body weight.  Holding a position for 2 minutes was torturous, like 2 hours of planking.  I felt like my cardio health was terrible and my flexibility was comparable to a stone wall.  I will give it another go once a week or so, but I will have to stop and rest more often.  

1 week on "cycle" of TRT dose and 525mg/week of NPP.  Started HCG yesterday.  I managed to stay under 20% BF during my 4 months off.  These are the before pics for this cycle.  Looking pretty soft and my forearms and abs look like shyt.  On a positive note, I feel like I have built a pretty solid foundation after 10 years of lifting.   Still look like a fat f**k though. :lol:

205 lbs (93 kilos) @ 6' 3" (190.5 cm)

Any advice on forearm focus would be greatly appreciated.  I've managed to get them a bit bigger in the past, but they still  just don't look proportional.   Perhaps I should isolate?  

5a763d753ae02_2018-02-0316_11.51_resized.jpg.d6f0f06ab8c3a5b5e2081ec0c7d6afc9.jpg5a763d741ad7d_2018-02-0316_09.23_resized.jpg.d4f3727878a8534a422d1c3894abdc62.jpg

5a763d7602c98_2018-02-0316_17.02_resized.thumb.jpg.c234ca9c480bbd27cabbd59dbd7015bb.jpg5a763d76ad095_2018-02-0316_18.40_resized.jpg.e735910898393b66f07b069a637194cf.jpg

I love muscle memory.  I'm swelling up like mad with this NPP cycle.  Strength is increasing, shoulders are filling up nicely.  and I've put 3 kilos on the scale.   My carbs are mostly rice, oats, and pasta.  They are fast and easy, but the pasta really packs extra fat on my midsection quickly.   Hope to be shredding it off around June for swimming season.

About 4 more weeks left of 100mg/day of anavar and my TRT dose of test.  I dropped the NPP about 3 weeks ago to help lose water.

I'm guessing I'm around 12% BF, if I'm generous.  I've never been able to get below 10%, but I've never really understood carb and water manipulation.  If anyone has any advice or a link to a good article that isn't full of misinformation, I would appreciate the help.  I have clen on hand and I'm about 600 calories under maintenance, losing about 1.5 lb/week.  I hope to be around 8% by the middle of May.  

The first picture is from January, the beginning of this cycle. 

5ad13ec48f0e8_2018-02-0316_17.02_resized.thumb.jpg.44f4930ee9f8766dd285e228657f7da8.jpg

The others are from today at the gym after doing abs and forearms, so my camera hand was very shaky.

UKM041.thumb.jpg.516cd915e215a5b0e13748e64777c380.jpgUKM042.thumb.jpg.9c571f6d73fcdfc18412c839f9c7bf4a.jpg

My abs are visible, and I can see a few striations in my chest, so that's why I'm guessing I'm around 12% BF.  Thanks in advance for any help!

5 hours ago, Sasnak said:

I’d say probably 16% 

You are still one chiselled good looking mo-fo anyway!

Thanks!  I guess I've really got my work cut out for me then!  It seems impossible to get below 10%!