D3RF

just bought some turtles off someone... wtf?

was a little bit intoxicated earlier and got the most random phonecall iv had in a while from a mate of mine whos a bit nuts and long story short i now have two turtles sitting on my coffee table in a big plastic tank....

starting to sober up now and want to make sure i keep em nice and healthy cos they have just been on a brief car journey and are probably a little stressed...

anybody evr had or have turtles as pets and if so got any advice?

the guy i got em off has had em for a few months and managed to keep em well living in his bath tube (i think, cos thats where he had them when i called over to see him). i reckon if he had em and they survived they shouldnt be much bother

13 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

I've heard they like eating pizza.

funny enough ur the second person thats saidf that to me... but they arent teenage mutant variety as far as i know... lol

24 minutes ago, D3RF said:

was a little bit intoxicated earlier and got the most random phonecall iv had in a while from a mate of mine whos a bit nuts and long story short i now have two turtles sitting on my coffee table in a big plastic tank....

starting to sober up now and want to make sure i keep em nice and healthy cos they have just been on a brief car journey and are probably a little stressed...

anybody evr had or have turtles as pets and if so got any advice?

the guy i got em off has had em for a few months and managed to keep em well living in his bath tube (i think, cos thats where he had them when i called over to see him). i reckon if he had em and they survived they shouldnt be much bother

It depends on the type of turtles, surely they won’t die if you give them some salad leafs or carrot pieces but to be truly sure I advice a trip either to a pet shop with the turtles or a picture of them to show or to any vet clinic, if you go with a pic of your turtles and you ask them only what they eat and some basic tips they won’t charge you

1 minute ago, IronJohnDoe said:

It depends on the type of turtles, surely they won’t die if you give them some salad leafs or carrot pieces but to be truly sure I advice a trip either to a pet shop with the turtles or a picture of them to show or to any vet clinic, if you go with a pic of your turtles and you ask them only what they eat and some basic tips they won’t charge you

yeah, was thinking this... going in to the pet shio tomorrow at lunch time if possible

1 minute ago, D3RF said:

yeah, was thinking this... going in to the pet shio tomorrow at lunch time if possible

Pic of the turtles or never happen LOL

Turtles take a lot of looking after. Keeping them in a bath is like keeping a dog in a skip. It'll survive for a while but far from ideal. You need a proper aquarium tank, heat lamps, water filters, etc, plus they can get smell  after a week or so and need regular water changes, and cleaning of the stones and rocks in the aquarium. Can live for a long time as well. 

I went to a woman's house who kept them for the RSPCA for  rehoming and she allowed them in her fully secure garden and there was a hole in the greenhouse for them to get into. 

She also kept them in the house. 

As said, they should outlive you. 

1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I went to a woman's hospital use who kept them for the RSPCA for rejoining and she allowed them in her fully secure garden and there was a hole in the greenhouse for them to get into. 

She also kept them in the house. 

As said, they should outlive you. 

Thats a tortoise? Lol

5 minutes ago, Slagface said:

Thats a tortoise? Lol

My autocorrect must have went into overdrive on that. I've now edited the post and hopefully it now makes more sense. 

1 minute ago, Ares said:

Panther?
Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Ladybird????
Skye?

Oh God don't call her in here. Instant thread derailment and commencement of internet flirting by sex-starved bodybuilders.

Ladybird would be easy mate, hardly in the same league as a panther :lol:

4 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

My autocorrect must have went into overdrive on that. I've now edited the post and hopefully it now makes more sense. 

Still sounds like you're talking about a tortoise.

To the op, I assume you have some terrapins. Seem to remember as a kid, there was a big thing about getting salmonella from handling them. Can't remember the details but worth a google.

4 hours ago, Slagface said:

Thats a tortoise? Lol

17 minutes ago, Denied said:

Still sounds like you're talking about a tortoise.

To the op, I assume you have some terrapins. Seem to remember as a kid, there was a big thing about getting salmonella from handling them. Can't remember the details but worth a google.

F'kinell, it's finally clicked. D'oh!!

Yes a tortoise!!

It will take lots of care and attention. I take care of tortoises. They are the best pets ever....turtles and terrapins are more work. 

Dont be silly though, if you cant fare for them hand them to someone who will.

My tort...who has full freedom of house.

IMG-20170213-WA0000.jpg