4 hours ago, Smitch said:

There was a Crossfit "box" at my old gym, half was traditional gym and half was crossfit.

It looked like fun with the oly lifting but the thing that put me off was all the high fiving and over exaggerated enthusiasm, as stupid as it sounds i hate all that stuff and would not mix well with those kind of people.

A lot of people go for that side of things it seems though.

Haha high Fukin fiving!  Something a grown man should never do! It's on the same lines of irritating as greeting people with face kisses! 

3 hours ago, Eddias said:

Have to disagree on that point i work with a vegan and spoke to plenty. I do not care whether you are vegan or not its your choice, but i do care when you bang on like some type of preacher about being Vegan.

And the ironic thing is, its everyone else that brings it up lol 

9 hours ago, Donny dog said:

Big let down for the £60 a month cost considering you can only train at certain times of the day.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Pay £60 to not max out a set?

6 hours ago, Eddias said:

I think what annoys people  is the need to say you do Crossfit or you are a Vegan. 

CrossfitVegan would be a brilliant username.

On some non-BB site.

49 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Pay £60 to not max out a set?

But you get 24/7 online support.

Commonly known as access to a whatsapp group containing 150 other people which is not only full of nutritional and workout advice but amazing "bants" and videos of "the Buxton massive" out on the piss.

Looks quite interesting to me, the older I'm getting I'm sticking more and more to just weights, which when I compare to when I used to box I feel fu**ing awful. Traditional cardio doesn't interest me anymore, my knees would tell me to get f**ked if I trued running 5 miles on the roads 3 times a week. 

The fashion side of it is a bit daft but there's knackers in every gym. The number of men I see wearing those Lycra leggings is a joke, no man who was alive in the 90's should be wearing that s**t 

6 hours ago, MR RIGSBY said:

Looks quite interesting to me, the older I'm getting I'm sticking more and more to just weights, which when I compare to when I used to box I feel fu**ing awful. Traditional cardio doesn't interest me anymore, my knees would tell me to get f**ked if I trued running 5 miles on the roads 3 times a week. 

The fashion side of it is a bit daft but there's knackers in every gym. The number of men I see wearing those Lycra leggings is a joke, no man who was alive in the 90's should be wearing that s**t 

although in the 80's it was headbands and wristbands, but they are cool. 

FACT

13 hours ago, MR RIGSBY said:

Mind you we did wear these

otomix_2271_88658225.jpg

16 hours ago, MR RIGSBY said:

the older I'm getting I'm sticking more and more to just weights, which when I compare to when I used to box I feel fu**ing awful.

Below is something I found to combine weights and cardio. Could be good for a month at a time as a break from trad 5x5 or 10x10 etc

CARDIO CIRCUIT TRAINING

USING BB WITH SAME LOAD

Do as many circuits as possible in 30 minutes:

4 reps chins or pullups

5 reps overhead press

6 reps bench press

7 reps front squats

8 reps bent rows

9 reps deadlifts

10 reps back squats

Add 2.5kg per side when it gets too easy

28 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Below is something I found to combine weights and cardio. Could be good for a month at a time as a break from trad 5x5 or 10x10 etc

CARDIO CIRCUIT TRAINING

USING BB WITH SAME LOAD

Do as many circuits as possible in 30 minutes:

4 reps chins or pullups

5 reps overhead press

6 reps bench press

7 reps front squats

8 reps bent rows

9 reps deadlifts

10 reps back squats

Add 2.5kg per side when it gets too easy

That looks exhausting!

I've just now had a go.

Had to put a 2nd BB on the incline bench cos my arthritic wrists and tiny forearms can't carry the 1st BB and place it on the pegs.

Started with only 30kg, then realised that 50kg was do-able.

50kg got me heaving and sweaty and out of breath! But I'll get into the swing of things. Kg will soon go up when I find my fluidity. Not used to working at this fast pace.

A certain tough endurance may come if done every day for a month. Who knows if growth will ensue but I'm going to carry on just for shits and giggles.