Caisley

Beginner in need of some advice

5 minutes ago, 2004mark said:

Probably not. He could be... but he didn't include weights in his diet. He's having  two protions of meat and one shake... it's possible they could have 50g in each if portions were big enough.

I'm not saying a few eggs and a chicken wouldn't help... I'm saying you can't lose fat and pack on muscle at the same time by eating 'the right foods'.

Might be common sence to you, but there is so much mis-information out there a lot of people get confused. For instance the guy using 'diet' whey.

I suppose your right mate for me its always just been easy to feel what my body needs and what & when to eat it :thumb i can cut easy lol i find it harder bulk but i always manage haha 

So basically are u saying that abit more protein after 4.30pm and few eggs in morning will not hinder his progress in his diet majorly? Lol like i say he is hurting and to me id say more protein in diet to repair lol 

1 hour ago, Cal88scott said:

Do i look foreign? Lol please be nice hahaha 

IMG_8212.JPG

fu**ing hell mate i wouldn't wanna steal the milk off your door step! 

How many people you murdered this morning? Haha 

28 minutes ago, Cal88scott said:

So basically are u saying that abit more protein after 4.30pm and few eggs in morning will not hinder his progress in his diet majorly? Lol like i say he is hurting and to me id say more protein in diet to repair lol 

Thing is you didn't just say have a few eggs, you went on talking about stuff you've siad you don't quite understand.

I'm just trying to clear things up for the OP so he's not confused... it's not a case of trying to get one over on you.

30 minutes ago, Cal88scott said:

I suppose your right mate for me its always just been easy to feel what my body needs and what & when to eat it :thumb i can cut easy lol i find it harder bulk but i always manage haha 

Are you natty?

2 minutes ago, 2004mark said:
3 minutes ago, 2004mark said:

Thing is you didn't just say have a few eggs, you went on talking about stuff you've siad you don't quite understand.

I'm just trying to clear things up for the OP so he's not confused... it's not a case of trying to get one over on you.

Are you natty?

Yeah el natural me mate :lol: no mate jokes a side i have just gone back on a cycle after 8month off haha 

6 minutes ago, 2004mark said:

Are you natty?

Are u natty mate? 

Just now, Cal88scott said:

Are u natty mate? 

Yeah I am.

I was asking because it's proably why this diet lark seems so much easier for you. When training natty (like the OP is) you need to be a bit more precise to get a quarter of the results.

Just now, 2004mark said:

Yeah I am.

I was asking because it's proably why this diet lark seems so much easier for you. When training natty (like the OP is) you need to be a bit more precise to get a quarter of the results.

Sound mate lol well done...  good job :thumb

Naturally this pretty :P I have long dark eye lashes fella hahaha made me laugh tho that hahahahaha women usually  love em tbh mate ;):D:lol:

7 minutes ago, 2004mark said:

One last question... do you wear guyliner or are your eyes naturally that pretty? :lol:

So this post has went a bit off topic lol. What whey should I be useing instead of diet whey? Also if I was to take fat burners would it make that much of a difference.  Any for the amount of chicken I have etc it's like 50 grams of rice 100grams of chicken 100grmas a of sweet potatoes and packet of microwave veg stuff like that 

2 minutes ago, Caisley said:

So this post has went a bit off topic lol. What whey should I be useing instead of diet whey? Also if I was to take fat burners would it make that much of a difference.  Any for the amount of chicken I have etc it's like 50 grams of rice 100grams of chicken 100grmas a of sweet potatoes and packet of microwave veg stuff like that 

lol, just a tad.

Just get a standard whey concentrate about 80% protein. The word diet is just there to make you think you're getting a product better suited to you. They might chuck in a bit of green tea and stuff like that, but it has sfa effect and is more expensive. They generally add in carbs to it too (at the expence of protein) which just seems backwards to me. The diet stuff is fine to use up in the mean time though.

Your diet is probably fine for you at this stage as it's sounds like losing fat is your main aim... it's not like you've got tons of muscle mass to try to hold on to by the sounds of it.

Can't see changes to your diet making you less sore tbh... as others have said that feeling will soon go as you get used to training.

1 minute ago, Caisley said:

So this post has went a bit off topic lol. What whey should I be useing instead of diet whey?

See my first post.

Any for the amount of chicken I have etc it's like 50 grams of rice 100grams of chicken 100grmas a of sweet potatoes and packet of microwave veg stuff like that 

If that is the case, and you aren't getting other calories from other foods or drinks you're forgetting about, then as I and others have said you really aren't eating very much for someone your size. Do you eat the same every day, including weekends? And are there other foods or drinks you're having that you haven't mentioned?

Also to add, I also wouldn't advise really pusing yourself to an inch of your life in the gym either at this stage. You will gain some muscle as you're new to this, but it'll only be to a certain point while still in a calorie deficit. When you're at the stage to start increasin the cals it would then be a good point to start pushing it. You should have provided youself a nice foundation to start building on by then.

6.00am black coffie

7.30 1 scoop protein with rice milk 

9.30  porridge with skimmed milk banana and orange 

12.30 chicken veg or tuna rice or tuna salad something like that

5ish chicken or lean mince with veg or pasta 

during the day I have about 2ltrs of water also

8 minutes ago, Caisley said:

6.00am black coffie

People will probably tell you the cals are too low... it you were trying to preserve muscle then I would agree. But since you started from an untrained foundation I'd say it's not a massive problem if you're losing fat nicely.

My main comment would be I'd say you could do with upping your fat intake... it's already low in fat, but then with skimmed milk and lean mince etc it'll be very low. You need a healthy level of dietary fat for lots of bodily functions (producing testosterone is the one mainly mentioned on here). Adding 30-40g of fat would only be circa 300cals.

21 minutes ago, Caisley said:

6.00am black coffie

My natural inclination is not to mess with your diet while you are achieving results that you're happy with, but @2004mark is right on the fat front. Very low fat can have a negative effect on your testosterone levels that you'd probably like to avoid. Full fat milk, a bit of olive oil with your salad and evening pasta, and possibly some nuts would all help. Olive oil is about 40 kcal per 5 mL though, so don't chuck loads on.

Well this morning did go to plan for my dite I ended up getting a sausage and bacon sandwich oops 

I'm cutting atm... often have a sausage sarnie. As long as you get your required protein and you're in the right ball park for calories then all is golden.

39 minutes ago, Caisley said:

IMG_2122.thumb.PNG.4e5c5200bc71c2e4c3f7cbc90cdd93e9.PNG

I've just deleted my original reply because I've realised those macro figures are definitely wrong.

Protein and carbs are 4 kcal per g, whilst fat is 9 kcal per g. Using your figures your total calorie intake would be (180+38)*4 + 17*9 = 1025 kcal. So that's about 40% of your macros missing.

If you wanted to try to fix this you could post up screenshots with your phone turned horizontal, as this will show the breakdown for each food so we could see what's missing. Or to keep things simple you could make some of the changes suggested above about fat, and I'd also double the amount of whey you're having at breakfast, and make sure you have a normal serving of chicken with your chicken dinner.