UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

protein powders

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  mis.fitfit 
#1 ·
How many of you use protein powders whey etc. , Do any of you not use them are they really necessary , anyone use them for a while then stopped using them noticed any difference ?

#5 ·
i prefer 10% fat beef patties or chicken breast, though sometimes I do feel like having some almond milk and a mix of whey/casein. Protein is protein (unless you buy those cheap garbage off of your local gnc and are eating 70% taurine).

The thing is if I eat meat, it feels incomplete without a side, but 400ml of almond milk and 1.5 scoops is only 200 calories and feels complete, at least as an in-betweener or something to take before sleeping.

#14 ·
I use one with a very high amount of protein and carbs in it per serving , alongside an apple and some nuts for breakfast ,because I can't be arrsed to cook breakfast half awake. Simple convenience. Food is better , if I had a wife to cook breakfast for me, I wouldn't even bother with them.

#19 ·
I'm not having any shakes now so just real food I eat 7 meals a day each meal has 40g of protein whether it comes from fish , chicken , eggs or steak that's a lot of food and meals but it only adds up to 210g of protein which apparently according to studies is not enough for my body weight , their I a no way I can get another 3 solid meals in and I'm not allowed any protein shakes

#23 ·
Id pretty much echo what everyone has previously said, price and convenience make a protein shake handy....however i find them more advantageous when 'bulking' ie trying to add more calories in, when im reducing calories i dont bother with them as satiety is a massive issue for me and i cant stand being hungry again 30 mins after having a shake...

Simple answer: no they are not necessary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.