karbonk

Pins and needles in Hands during sleep.

Recently I have been getting pins and needles when in my sleep, its if one hand is raised slightly depending on how I sleep, when I wake the hand feels numb and after moving the fingers around the blood supply is then almost instant and the feeling quickly goes away.

I never ever get this in my legs or feet but just my hands.

I feel this is getting slightly worse as I age (38), I have felt this in my hands when I lie down and use my phone (for example) my hands raised to hold the phone up and I slowly begin to feel it, but worse during sleep,

Any suggestions for pins and needles?

Thanks.

I'm 42 and what you have described is EXACTLY what I get. Tbh I think its always been the same, I just thought it is normal. I haven't noticed it change in any way with age and until I read your post I've never thought about why it might be.

4 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I'm 42 and what you have described is EXACTLY what I get. Tbh I think its always been the same, I just thought it is normal. I haven't noticed it change in any way with age and until I read your post I've never thought about why it might be.

Ive always felt the phone example I gave when laying down, it begins after about 10 mins holding the phone up, but as I am awake I can just wriggle and flex my fingers and this puts it off a while longer, but when asleep its bad.

1 minute ago, karbonk said:

glad its not just me then, Was thinking it might be since I begun Test.

Nah, Perhaps you've noticed it more as you are thinking about it as you have an eye to your health whilst on cycle. Are you tall? I'm 6.3, so wondering if that might be a factor. Heart further away from hands if that makes sense

13 minutes ago, ILLBehaviour said:

sometimes if i lay a certain way ill wake up and my whole arm will be numb.

When I first started training I somehow managed to wake up with both arms numb a few times, which made moving to fix the problem weird/difficult! No idea why it happened but I'm glad it doesn't now :).

Just now, Sasnak said:

Nah, Perhaps you've noticed it more as you are thinking about it as you have an eye to your health whilst on cycle. Are you tall? I'm 6.3, so wondering if that might be a factor. Heart further away from hands if that makes sense

Na man, I am a short ass lol, yea keeping close eye on all things health. Never get it during the day etc, so think its just one of those things.

20 minutes ago, Ultrasonic said:

When I first started training I somehow managed to wake up with both arms numb a few times, which made moving to fix the problem weird/difficult! No idea why it happened but I'm glad it doesn't now :).

yeah ive had that same thing , both arms and laying on my front, I have to just shuffle my body about a bit until my arms wake up.

Same thing happens to me, I'm 21. I usually sit up and have to shake my arms violently then drop back to sleep, can happen regularly though, makes sleeping very difficult sometimes.

On Wed Jan 11 2017 at 8:22 PM, karbonk said:

Recently I have been getting pins and needles when in my sleep, its if one hand is raised slightly depending on how I sleep, when I wake the hand feels numb and after moving the fingers around the blood supply is then almost instant and the feeling quickly goes away.

I feel this is getting slightly worse as I age (38), I have felt this in my hands when I lie down and use my phone (for example) my hands raised to hold the phone up and I slowly begin to feel it, but worse during sleep,

Thanks.

It's Carpal Tunnel. GH can cause that but also AAS. But so can a desk job and aging, though its the older chaps who tend to get it from the latter (>50). Google it you will find all there is to know. Im only a couple of years older than you and im pretty sure i got it from gh and took me a while to get rid of it.

23 minutes ago, larus said:

It's Carpal Tunnel. GH can cause that but also AAS. But so can a desk job and aging, though its the older chaps who tend to get it from the latter (>50). Google it you will find all there is to know. Im only a couple of years older than you and im pretty sure i got it from gh and took me a while to get rid of it.

Thanks, never used GH but been on one year Test blast and cruise, recently my mother has complained of something similar so I am thinking its something I have inherited type thing, she gets pins and needles in her feet at night,

Thanks again.

8 minutes ago, karbonk said:

Thanks, never used GH but been on one year Test blast and cruise, recently my mother has complained of something similar so I am thinking its something I have inherited type thing, she gets pins and needles in her feet at night,

Thanks again.

if it gets really unbearable ie wakes you up at night etc etc  a cortisone shot should do the job. Meanwhile you could try a wrist support / Splint. Just type something like "carpal tunnel wrist support" on amazon there are plenty. It really helps. 

anyone get this and lose their breath as well?

you know that thing where you snap out of a sleep, and just for a second cant catch your breath? i seem to get that and it seems to always correlate with laying on an arm or leg, i quickly have to jump up and sort of move around quickly feel like i'm breathing again, happens very rarely but i've noticed the pins and needles thing and a dead arm or leg always seems to come with it

1 hour ago, workinprogress1 said:

anyone get this and lose their breath as well?

you know that thing where you snap out of a sleep, and just for a second cant catch your breath? i seem to get that and it seems to always correlate with laying on an arm or leg, i quickly have to jump up and sort of move around quickly feel like i'm breathing again, happens very rarely but i've noticed the pins and needles thing and a dead arm or leg always seems to come with it

That sounds like sleep apnoea mate. 

Just now, DC1 said:

That sounds like sleep apnoea mate. 

i thought that as well mate but it happens very rarely, i cant put my finger on what causes it, feels like i'm dying, then i walk around a bit, get my breath back, have a drink of water and i'm gtg, but i've noticed it happens a lot, and only realized it actually reading this thread, when i wake up with a dead arm or leg

and because it always happens at silly o clock and i go back to bed i forget exactly what happened in the morning, like how bad it was or what brought it on etc and don't tend to think about it again

On 1/11/2017 at 8:22 PM, karbonk said:

Thanks.

What's your BP reading at?